Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Pacquaio vs Mayweather

I love spending time with my son watching sports, because he doesn't watch much other than hockey.

But it's hard to watch boxing with someone predicting Manny knows Mayweather out in the first round. Since when has Manny ever had that kind of knockout power to take on a man who barely gets hit and put him down that fast?

I'm in Manny's corner on this one, but if this ends in an early knockout, it's Floyd's fight.

My son is only 3. Mom doesn't let him watch combat sports yet. :( Probably for the best.

Round 2: Manny throwing a lot more out of the gate but Mayweather is avoiding most of it. Mayweather already getting warned for grabbing Manny. Floyd really favoring the straight right, though he's not landing it as often as the first round. Manny lands a solid body shot as Floyd gets backed into the corner. Mayweather, although not inflicting much damage is clearly in control so far.

Round 2 to Floyd for the same reasons as the first.

Gotta be honest.. Manny's game is speed, but FLoyd is looking faster right now.

Round 3: Floyd is really avoiding the ropes, something he has not really worried about in previous fights. Floyd lands a combo and Manny shrugs. Manny misses wildly with a left but does land a small flurry before Floyd holds again. Bit of a low blow from Floyd but not called. Floyd's range is silly, it's almost not fair. Manny needs to find a way inside.

Round 3 more of the same. Manny already falling behind.

Round 4: Manny landing a couple shots but receives warning to keep the gloves up. Floyd sits in the corner and avoids most of Manny's damage for almost 60 seconds, might be catching his breath. Manny cracks Floyd and unleashes a flurry. Mayweather just covering up, not moving away or holding. Manny hits another right hand. Floyd is definitely feeling these shots.

Round 4 to Manny. Someone told him the fight started.

I've never seen Manny look this much slower. Floyd is a year older but isn't showing it.

Manny found another gear for a bit there. That left hurt Floyd. Not bad, but it got his attention.

Round 5: Manny lunging with right hands, he's not respecting Floyd's counter punching at all at all. Floyd cracks Manny with another straight right. Floyd avoiding any damage with his lateral movement, gloves at his sides. Not a lot of action in the final 90 seconds. This round was a wash and probably too close to call.

Last edited:
Manny just can't box his way inside Mayweather's reach.

Manny picking up the pace again, might have been biding his time/energy in the early rounds. Seems to be more active then Floyd who isn't countering as much as he'd like due to Manny's somewhat awkward approach. Manny swinging wildly as Floyd is on the ropes, Floyd repeatedly shaking his head.

Floyd can shake his head all he wants, Manny won that round.

Manny picking up the pace again, might have been biding his time/energy in the early rounds. Seems to be more active then Floyd who isn't countering as much as he'd like due to Manny's somewhat awkward approach. Manny swinging wildly as Floyd is on the ropes, Floyd repeatedly shaking his head.

Floyd can shake his head all he wants, Manny won that round.

That't a fact. That round was ALL Manny.

Floyd Sr giving his son the business in between rounds, Floyd Jr didn't look interested.

Round 7: Floyd landing some early jabs, countering a bit more than the last couple rounds. Manny ducking into Floyd's punch, Floyd actually gets the warning for a hold.

Aaaaaand my feed died. Looks like I'm getting a 50 dollar refund.

*Edit* Came back as Round 8 started...

Last edited:
Round 8: Manny cracks Floyd with a leaping right. Another right. Floyd with a solid counter. Manny is the aggressor this round but Floyd's counters seem to be a bit more effective this round. Manny looking surprisingly fresh in round 8, this is where some felt he might slow down.

Another too close to call. *edit* Might give it to Manny for significant strikes, Floyd for volume. Tough call.

Last edited:
Round 9: Floyd getting more comfortable on the ropes but maybe not a good idea as Manny lands a big left. They tie up and both fighters throw some shots that are questionable before the ref breaks them up. Floyd with several good counters, one seemed to stagger Manny just a touch although the commentator's didn't mention it. Manny with a decent left hand before the 10 second mark.

Round 9 probably to Floyd, Manny's significant strikes weren't nearly as good as prior couple rounds.

I'm watching the non-live-televised coverage on ESPN.

Invited a couple old friends over to watch the fight. All were busy so I decided not to engage in the greatest universal waste of $100 in the history of all time.

Round 10: Very little action in opening 60 seconds. Manny lands a couple shots in the corner. Manny throwing pot shots from the outside, nothing significant lands but it's also not counterable by Floyd. Pretty boring round.

That's the 3rd round I wouldn't want to score. If this goes 12 it could be really interesting.

I'm watching the non-live-televised coverage on ESPN.

Invited a couple old friends over to watch the fight. All were busy so I decided not to engage in the greatest universal waste of $100 in the history of all time.

I stuck with the 50 I spend on every event. DVD quality is good enough for me.

My guts are killing me, I won't be doing 11-12. Announcers seem to be in agreement that Manny needs a knockout. I'm not so sure.

Last edited:
Back