Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Pacquaio vs Mayweather

Manny just can't box his way inside Mayweather's reach.

I stuck with the 50 I spend on every event. DVD quality is good enough for me.

I didn't have a $50 option. Had I had one I'm more probably would've bought it.

But maybe not. This was possibly the most overhyped fight in the history of all time, I thought Pacquio had very little chance to win, and it appears to be shaping up that way.

My guts are killing me, I won't be doing 11-12. Announcers seem to be in agreement that Manny needs a knockout. I'm not so sure.

You fought the good fight bud. Hope it gets better. I feel for you.

Floyd unanimously wins, 116-112 on two judges cards, 118-110 on the third.

Looks like I wasn't too far off.

lol Max Kellerman classy as always.

Manny: I thought I won the fight.

Max: You thought you WON the fight?!

lol...His look of disbelief was amazing.

Manny is delusional unfortunately, he said he wasn't as active in later round because he thought he was ahead. Eeek.

Yeah that was surprising from Manny. But you can see the differences between the two in their responses. In Manny's mind, throwing more punches = winning the fight. He's an aggressive fighter who throws a lot of punches. Mayweather couldn't be more different from him in terms of philosophy.

I'm sure most people share that opinion. Usually that's the sentiment after most boxing matches nowadays.

The pretty one sided boring tactical and uneventful Mayweather decision that I figured it was going to be.

I will watch it when it comes on HBO though.

The pretty one sided boring tactical and uneventful Mayweather decision that I figured it was going to be.

I will watch it when it comes on HBO though.

Easy to see why he gets booed, between his defensive, boring style and that mouth of his.

Great fighter obviously but not set up to be well liked.

It was exactly the fight I thought I would see, and hoped I wouldn't see.

Sorry but this is the number one reason boxing is dead, suppose to be the best fight in 20 years and it was a snooze fest.

RIP Boxing

Glad I did not waste a dime or second watching this fight. Sounds like a total snooze fest, the equivalent of stall ball in a basketball game with a 50-48 score.

My son went to a buddies house to watch it and came home and said it was boring as hell.. I told him to google Hearn's verses Hagler and those were the good old days of boxing.. Mad as hell Tommy lost but man Hagler could take a shot.. I did get to see Hearn's whip Leonard's ass in person in the second fight only for it to be called a draw.. Tommy may have lost some big fights but he sure came to rumble in most of them...
No way I would ever pay 100 bucks on such a defensive fighter like Mayweather.

Last edited:
The last 10 UFC cards i've seen were more entertaining than this. Sadly, until boxing gets some luster back in the heavyweight division the sport will remain 2nd fiddle to UFC

My son went to a buddies house to watch it and came home and said it was boring as hell.. I told him to google Hearn's verses Hagler and those were the good old days of boxing.. Mad as hell Tommy lost but man Hagler could take a shot.. I did get to see Hearn's whip Leonard's ass in person in the second fight only for it to be called a draw.. Tommy may have lost some big fights but he sure came to rumble in most of them...
Those were the good ole days. Could watch a great fight every weekend. Nowadays you would be lucky to find one every 5 or 10 years

Oh I agree.. I do like boxing.. I like UFC.. But boxing is a just bad now days..

I think this is why people are so upset. For $99 for the pay-per-view, and the cost of a new house to see it live, people wanted Hagler-Hearns. They wanted the bloodbath, the punch fest...

..but that is not the way Mayweather wins, and it never has been. This was actually a pretty active fight for Floyd. In his last two fights he threw a combined 301 jabs, winning both by decision.

In this fight he threw 267 jabs to win by decision, about 100 more than he's averaged recently.

It was a great fight fought by two very smart, very seasoned fighters, who weren't about to step into a donnybrook. But it certainly didn't appeal to the people who haven't seen many Mayweather fights up til now.

Back