Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Paris Notre Dame Cathedral on Fire

tinselwolverine

Looks like a pretty big fire.

I put this on the religious board rather than the miscellaneous Digglers Junk so liberal snowflakes could have a Safe Space to blame it on global warning.

Wow that fucker is raging. It?s gotten worse in the few minutes since I turned the coverage on.

All three of the major broadcast networks are preempting other programming to cover this event.

The spire and the roof have collapsed. The way things stand now it seems that the thing is going to burn down.

Don’t know if tragedy is the right word, exactly, but what a tragedy. Speculation is that it was somehow started by repair/construction work that was taking place. Wouldn’t want to be that contractor.

Don?t know if tragedy is the right word, exactly, but what a tragedy. Speculation is that it was somehow started by repair/construction work that was taking place. Wouldn?t want to be that contractor.

Nobody was, fortunately killed or injured, or at least that?s the last report I heard anyway.

It was one of the most famous structures in the world. It?s a tragedy in that sense.

Oh geez. Such a tragedy.

Although, on the flipside: there's one less church in the world!

>:D

LOL, Trump tweeted advice on how to put the fire out (dump water on it from water tank planes).

Like he thinks he's a professional firefighter now?

What a dumbass.

Oh geez. Such a tragedy.

Although, on the flipside: there's one less church in the world!

>:D

I'm not a religious person, but when I went to Europe, some the cathedrals / churches that we went through were amazing. From that standpoint, it sucks that it burned down.

LOL, Trump tweeted advice on how to put the fire out (dump water on it from water tank planes).

What a dumbass.

Lately the president does have seemed to have a predilection for opining on flying apparatuses.

And here you thought global warming was going to be a 100% bad thing.

Every cloud has a silver lining...

I'm not a religious person, but when I went to Europe, some the cathedrals / churches that we went through were amazing. From that standpoint, it sucks that it burned down.

In Ukraine, a lot of the famous old churches were destroyed in WWII or bulldozed by the Soviet authorities. They just rebuilt them in the 90's and you'd never know the difference by looking at them or even going inside and walking around.

Apparently there's been a lot of controversy over these renovations because while the French government technically owns Notre Dame cathedral, the Church is responsible for maintaining it, and they've been fighting over the dollars (link)

Would be funny to find out the Pope ordered it burned because the church didn't want to pay to renovate a church they didn't own.

Would be funny to find out the Pope ordered it burned because the church didn't want to pay to renovate a church they didn't own.

it could be a 9/11 type conspiracy. Maybe that is the church where they keep all of the documents regarding pedofile priests. That would explain why it it is burning like it is...thousands and thousands of paper documents would certainly cause a fire like this one!

What a dumbass.

As soon as Trump tweeted, he opened himself to criticism. On the other hand, a couple of air tankers would probably have been helpful. From what I?ve heard, it?s likely there will be lots of second guessing in terms of how the French fought this fire. Not sure what the plan was but they must certainly have had one, no?

it could be a 9/11 type conspiracy. Maybe that is the church where they keep all of the documents regarding pedofile priests. That would explain why it it is burning like it is...thousands and thousands of paper documents would certainly cause a fire like this one!

I will be disappointed if tigermud doesn't tackle this one.

As soon as Trump tweeted, he opened himself to criticism. On the other hand, a couple of air tankers would probably have been helpful. From what I?ve heard, it?s likely there will be lots of second guessing in terms of how the French fought this fire. Not sure what the plan was but they must certainly have had one, no?

https://twitter.com/areinaud/status/1117916691353067521?s=19

They said that the interior was relatively untouched. I guess there will hardly be any second guessing how professional firefighters did their job. Good thing they didn't listen to our dumb fuck as a President and drop tons of water on the roof. Then causing it to collapse and burn all of the interior. Maybe he should have just given his condolences and not some shitty advice.

Back