Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Paris Notre Dame Cathedral on Fire

I have no comment about this event at this time 48 hour rule

Is that like when food falls on the floor, how long it?s still good?

Or how long you?re supposed to wait after a space alien chick gives you her phone number to call her back?

I have no comment about this event at this time 48 hour rule

You mean: you have no comment about this event, until Alex Jones does, which you will then re-post here with some stupid comment full of spelling and grammar errors.

As soon as Trump tweeted, he opened himself to criticism. On the other hand, a couple of air tankers would probably have been helpful. From what I?ve heard, it?s likely there will be lots of second guessing in terms of how the French fought this fire. Not sure what the plan was but they must certainly have had one, no?

Except the issue with using Air tankers on buildings was addressed by the Fire chief. It would collapse the building, and caused damage to other structures on the ground.. Man our president is one stupid individual. Dumbest president in the history of America.

Except the issue with using Air tankers on buildings was addressed by the Fire chief. It would collapse the building, and caused damage to other structures on the ground.. Man our president is one stupid individual. Dumbest president in the history of America.

This really is true.

Plus he's creepy as fuck.

You mean: you have no comment about this event, until Alex Jones does, which you will then re-post here with some stupid comment full of spelling and grammar errors.

Couldn't tell ya been too busy to listen to him much lately. Too much going on not enough hours in the day. I may go out of my way now to make more grammer and sppleting mistakes now just for you.

Last edited:
Is that like when food falls on the floor, how long it’s still good?

Or how long you’re supposed to wait after a space alien chick gives you her phone number to call her back?

I'm coming around to the theory they aren't really space aliens, they are us from the future, jokes on them though cuz they don't return to the same time line after the alterations.

Last edited:
What's Dave Brandon up to these days? They could put him in charge of the reconstruction. Big modern glass roof. Luxury suites. Old people might not like it, but it would help recruit young Catholics.

Last edited:
What's Dave Brandon up to these days? They could put him in charge of the reconstruction. Big modern glass roof. Luxury suites. Old people might not like it, but it would help recruit young Catholics.

Great comment, Gulo.

It's just too bad the other six young, Catholic Michigan football fans besides you on the planet don't post here, and won't be able to give you likes for this.

You know... giving money to a rich church that could easily afford to rebuild it's own burned down church but just doesn't want to... that doesn't seem very christian to me!

that's the great thing about free will...people can do whatever they want with their own money.

I wouldn't give a dime to any church. My wife and I were both raised Catholic and she wanted to have our son baptized. We didn't go to church so we had to pick one. After he was baptized we never went back. To this day we get our donation envelopes in the mail and of course the special ones on Xmas and Easter. I just throw them in the garbage. It's funny, not once do they ask why we don't go to church or how we doing...they just keep that hand out.

that's the great thing about free will...people can do whatever they want with their own money.

I wouldn't give a dime to any church. My wife and I were both raised Catholic and she wanted to have our son baptized. We didn't go to church so we had to pick one. After he was baptized we never went back. To this day we get our donation envelopes in the mail and of course the special ones on Xmas and Easter. I just throw them in the garbage. It's funny, not once do they ask why we don't go to church or how we doing...they just keep that hand out.

You're a good man.

My wife wanted to baptize our 1st son, so we did (it was free and everything).

(that was the last time I was in a church until my cousin's wedding last year)

baptizing my second son never came up... so we never did.

I sometimes tell Christians it's an experiment to see if the Baptized one turns out better. FWIW though, the Baptized one is the sneakier and more argumentative of the two. His younger brother is more Christlike, helps around the house and sometimes even "turns the other cheek" and doesn't fight back when his big brother womps on him.

You're a good man.

My wife wanted to baptize our 1st son, so we did (it was free and everything).

(that was the last time I was in a church until my cousin's wedding last year)

baptizing my second son never came up... so we never did.

I sometimes tell Christians it's an experiment to see if the Baptized one turns out better. FWIW though, the Baptized one is the sneakier and more argumentative of the two. His younger brother is more Christlike, helps around the house and sometimes even "turns the other cheek" and doesn't fight back when his big brother womps on him.

the last time I was in church was for a catholic funeral. It was brutal.

Great comment, Gulo.

It's just too bad the other six young, Catholic Michigan football fans besides you on the planet don't post here, and won't be able to give you likes for this.

Ouch. Harbaugh has 7 kids.

FRENCH JOURNALIST: TWO CHURCHES IN FRANCE ARE VANDALIZED EVERY DAY AND NO ONE GIVES A F*CK

“This government, this regime….including the Pope, including the cardinals, shut their mouth, say nothing”

I can relate to this, I don’t go for weeks nobody notices nobody gives a shit

Last edited:

I never nitpick nor am I ever pedantic.

That said I’m going to nitpick and be pedantic.

What you’re talking about is “freedom,” not “free will,” in the common context in which the term “free will” is understood.

“Free will” is the philosophical opposite of predestination or predetermination; the philosophy that no one actually makes their own decisions themselves but their decisions and actions are predetermined by fate.

Since Notre Dame du Paris represents the overseeing of centuries of evolution in thought within the context of philosophy in Western civilization and culture, I felt it fitting to make this post-both contradicting philosophies have had a significant impact in the history and development of our culture.

I would have waited for our actual board philosopher, Vic, who has a degree in philosophy from Michigan (dual major along with business), to make this point, although, not unlike Chidi, I expect Vic would have spent an inordinate amount of time contemplating the pros and cons of pointing this distinction out.

Oh, and I almost forgot the most important thing - Trump is a cunt nose moron.

Last edited:
I never nitpick nor am I ever pedantic.

That said I?m going to nitpick and be pedantic.

What you?re talking about is ?freedom,? not ?free will,? in the common context in which the term ?free will? is understood.

?Free will? is the philosophical opposite of predestination or predetermination; the philosophy that no one actually makes their own decisions themselves but their decisions and actions are predetermined by fate.

Since Notre Dame du Paris represents the overseeing of centuries of evolution in thought within the context of philosophy in Western civilization and culture, I felt it fitting to make this post-both contradicting philosophies have had a significant impact in the history and development of our culture.

I would have waited for our actual board philosopher, Vic, who has a degree in philosophy from Michigan (dual major along with business), to make this point, although, not unlike Chidi, I expect Vic would have spent an inordinate amount of time contemplating the pros and cons of pointing this distinction out.

Oh, and I almost forgot the most important thing - Trump is a cunt nose moron.
Best post

Back