Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Peacock and football

b311j

I cant seem to find an answer to this. Game 1 vs ECU is on Peacock only. I see the free version from this service does not include the game LIVE. For those in the know, do they show a rebroadcast later in the day or Sunday on the free version?

I don't know. this is infuriating though.

The situation is bad enough that the local alumni association emailed there won't be a game watching party this week b/c our bar couldn't carry it.

If you really want to watch just order it and then cancel. I think it's only $2 per month.

I believe you have to be a subscriber to watch replays. YouTube will have a full replay by Sunday.

I think there are going to be a lot of pissed off football fans this season.

Looking down the schedule, TV coverage is all over the place, and coverage for about 1/2 our games isn't set yet

After this first week's bullshit, UNLV is on CBS. Then BGSU is on the BTN. After that, only Penn St and Ohio St are scheduled (both on Fox) and everything else is TBD.

I'm not sure what that shows, but it is dysfunctional.

If you really want to watch just order it and then cancel. I think it's only $2 per month.

It's $5.99/month. It does say you can cancel any time.

there's only one (1) thing I'd ever watch, and that's the UM-ECU game.

So... the end result of streaming services destroying the established broadcast channel model will be everything is now pay-per-view...

Everything is now shittier.

So... the end result of streaming services destroying the established broadcast channel model will be everything is now pay-per-view...

Bally Sports taking over the regional sports networks is the worst part to me. Removed the channels from every streaming service so they could bring their own, incredibly shitty, streaming service to people for $20/month. No way I'm paying that price when the only team I get in Indy is the Pacers.

Hoping their bankruptcy destroys their ability to keep the regional networks and someone else gets them back on streaming services.

As the CFB teams consolidate, the coverage and the players continue to balkanize.

Pretty disheartening. I paid the $5.99. Will probably cancel after the rest of the games TV schedule is released.

Anyone know - can you pause the stream while watching?

we used to have it...I think we got it to watch Yellowstone and the two spinoffs. I cancelled it after we were done.

It does suck that all of these different networks are getting in on sports. You never know where you can find the stuff you want to watch.

Maybe I?ve officially become a complete curmudgeon. This is where I am going to draw my line in the sand and refuse to pay for this type of shit. It doesn?t help that MSU football is crap, but even still, I like to think I would have the same stance if they were good and not give in. It?s not the dollars clearly at like $5 a month, it?s 100% the principal of it. Where does it end? I can?t imagine what people are paying for cable/internet/streaming platforms if you elected to buy them all (Hulu, peacock, HBO, Netflix, Amazon prime, Apple TV, paramount plus, espn+, I?m sure there?s others I?m forgetting offhand).

I have YouTube TV and have basically not watched a Tigers/Pistons/Wings game in multiple years, I will be damned if I?m paying $20 a month for a Bally streaming app to watch 3 dogshit teams. If the Tigers or Wings were really good, yes, I?d probably cave and pay it, but I?m also getting 162/82 games out of those deals, not one or two games here and there like you have to deal with on Peacock for football. It?s truly killing my fandom across the board.

Maybe I?ve officially become a complete curmudgeon. This is where I am going to draw my line in the sand and refuse to pay for this type of shit. It doesn?t help that MSU football is crap, but even still, I like to think I would have the same stance if they were good and not give in. It?s not the dollars clearly at like $5 a month, it?s 100% the principal of it. Where does it end? I can?t imagine what people are paying for cable/internet/streaming platforms if you elected to buy them all (Hulu, peacock, HBO, Netflix, Amazon prime, Apple TV, paramount plus, espn+, I?m sure there?s others I?m forgetting offhand).

I have YouTube TV and have basically not watched a Tigers/Pistons/Wings game in multiple years, I will be damned if I?m paying $20 a month for a Bally streaming app to watch 3 dogshit teams. If the Tigers or Wings were really good, yes, I?d probably cave and pay it, but I?m also getting 162/82 games out of those deals, not one or two games here and there like you have to deal with on Peacock for football. It?s truly killing my fandom across the board.

I'm with you. I have youtube TV and I know we pay for Netflix, HULU, Amazon Prime, HBO Max...I think that's it. I won't pay for Balleys either, but if the Tigers are even decent next year, I will probably cave in.

We can all agree that having to pay extra to watch your team play sucks regardless of whether your team is good or not.

I already pay ~$90/month to Comcast for internet.

Paying another $5-$10/month per channel for a bunch of add on streaming services to watch things gets pricey pretty quickly, especially when you KNOW this pricing is predatory and only going to escalate significantly.

I've avoided paying for cable for several years now, but the cost is getting to the point where that would've made sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
I already pay ~$90/month to Comcast for internet.

Paying another $5-$10/month per channel for a bunch of add on streaming services to watch things gets pricey pretty quickly, especially when you KNOW this pricing is predatory and only going to escalate significantly.

I've avoided paying for cable for several years now, but the cost is getting to the point where that would've made sense.

I can?t get Peacock without getting an updated DVR.

I?m intending to get an updated DVR, but I?m not gonna run out and get one to see the game Saturday.

Fuck it.

I was born in 1960, and I grew up listening to Michigan football on the radio.

I?m pretty sure I can get the radio cast on my handheld device.

So fuck it, I?ll just follow the game on audio like I used to, while I go out and make money.

Spectrum and Comcast customers can get a 1 year subscription to peacock for free. I set it up yesterday. It will require you to enter a credit card, it will run a $1 charge that gets refunded and you can cancel the auto renewal immediately.

I can?t get Peacock without getting an updated DVR.

I?m intending to get an updated DVR, but I?m not gonna run out and get one to see the game Saturday.

Fuck it.

I was born in 1960, and I grew up listening to Michigan football on the radio.

I?m pretty sure I can get the radio cast on my handheld device.

So fuck it, I?ll just follow the game on audio like I used to, while I go out and make money.

Get a Fire Stick for $25. You can turn any TV into a smart TV and you can talk into the remote and tell it what you're looking for and it will go right to it.

I'm only going to watch a few selected games this season. MSU, OSU for certain. The others? Probably not. I'd rather be doing something, like biking, working in the yard, playing guitar, building something, reading, spending time with my bride, playing golf. I'm not going to arrange my Saturday around any sporting event.

I have listened to M football while doing some of these things, and I like that experience, although Doug Karsch's voice is like listening to a shovel on concrete.

Last edited:
Back