Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Pettigrew

michiganalex

why is he still on this team? and how much would the lions save by cutting or trading him?

tom stop your hating and actually say something useful for once

how much does detroit save if they cut him

Read Toms post. His contract became guaranteed so it would actually COST the Lions an additional $2M to cut him.

He gave you all the information you were looking for and you still called him out. Classic. I like it!

Tom did state the correct answer. His 2.8 million became guaranteed for 2015, a few days after the league year started. If we cut him now we would be on the hook for the 2.8 million salary and the 3 million remaining signing bonus. so 5.8 million total cap hit. So if we cut him now it would cost us 2 million more than having him on the roster.

If we would of cut him before the league year started we would of saved 800k

Last edited:
so detroits only hope is to trade him

First, I don't think anybody would trade for him because he just isn't that good. Second, they still have his signing bonus that would count against the cap so I think he would still count $2M against the cap. If they cut him next year they will save $2.65M and if they do it prior to 2017 they will save $4.35M

his contract hinders this FA. detroit could have made a play for Cecil Shorts to be the #3 WR

How are we going to run our garbage 3 TE set packages without Pettigrew? Need him out there running the help our shitty oline out blocking route

Last edited:
Maxx Williams will probably be there with the Lions first pick.

I honestly don't see any reason to cut or trade him now. He's the only blocking TE we've got, and Stafford targets him. We paid him, now lets get some production out of him.Hopefully Lombardi actually use him this year. I wouldn't mind trading Fauria if the offer is a decent one.

Tom, how dare you answer his question with facts so he cant understand what youre saying!

Honestly don't see any reason to cut or trade him now. He's the only blocking TE we've got, and Stafford targets him. We paid him, now lets get some production out of him.Hopefully Lombardi actually use him this year. I wouldn't mind trading Fauria if the offer is a decent one.

Which is pretty sad because he's not that glorified blocker that we thought we'd get when we drafted him. Not anymore. He was not very good at blocking in 2013. Didn't play enough last season to form an opinion. But since Matt got sacked a bunch and our oline on the whole wasn't good I can take an educated guess that his blocking wasn't spectacular.

Last edited:
They save 800k this year by trading him, but they'd be on the hook for 2MM next year and 1MM in 2017.

http://overthecap.com/player/brandon-pettigrew/1033

The 3 million signing bonus would all accelerate. We wouldn't owe anything else in 2016 or 2017 if traded. We would really only save 300K. 800k-500K(addition to top 51 from the 52nd player on the list).

Pettigrew is staying this year, gone next year.

The 3 million signing bonus would all accelerate. We wouldn't owe anything else in 2016 or 2017 if traded. We would really only save 300K. 800k-500K(addition to top 51 from the 52nd player on the list).

Pettigrew is staying this year, gone next year.

Caught the error a while ago, but this point is pretty much spot on, near 0% chance to get rid of Pettigrew this year... Makes no sense unless something unexpected happens

Back