Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Rams All In - now the OFFICIAL Super Bowl 56 Thread

I was interested by the structure of his cap hits.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles-rams/matthew-stafford-6078/

13.5 Mil this year (saved 9.5 Mil)
20 Mil next year
Around 50 Mil in 24, 25, 26 (will be cap savings in all years if cut)

Have to wonder what they do with him after 23, can?t see them sticking with that unless they are anticipating major cap increases.

They are anticipating all their stars to be gone. Rumor initially was Aaron Donald retires....still rumors he may go somewhere else by the time the season starts.

Von Miller already left. OBJ i know they want to keep but nothing yet...that injury may make him affordable on a 1 year prove it deal.

$50mil for your QB...you either release him or the rest of your team leaves because you cant afford them. Only 2 options.

Last edited:
They are anticipating all their stars to be gone. Rumor initially was Aaron Donald retires....still rumors he may go somewhere else by the time the season starts.

Von Miller already left. OBJ i know they want to keep but nothing yet...that injury may make him affordable on a 1 year prove it deal.

$50mil for your QB...you either release him or the rest of your team leaves because you cant afford them. Only 2 options.

I read that the salary cap in 2024 is expected to be around $260M. That is $52M more than this year. My guess is he won't be the only $50M QB out there

I read that the salary cap in 2024 is expected to be around $260M. That is $52M more than this year. My guess is he won't be the only $50M QB out there

Lions, Seahawks and GB are the most recent examples of why you dont pay your QB to be the highest paid player in the league.

GB will continue to win cause the rest of their division is terrible. Bears tried the draft a QB route and failed...atleast once....maybe twice.

Minnesotta got Cousins and their defense wasnt good enough to carry an avg qb like that.

Lions are ...the lions.

Last edited:
Lions, Seahawks and GB are the most recent examples of why you dont pay your QB to be the highest paid player in the league.

GB will continue to win cause the rest of their division is terrible. Bears tried the draft a QB route and failed...atleast once....maybe twice.

Minnesotta got Cousins and their defense wasnt good enough to carry an avg qb like that.

Lions are ...the lions.

Stafford was never highest paid especially in new money

Goff is 4th highest cap hit now after Ryan deal and Rodgers trade but Goff is is manageable especially after this year. Lions are building through the draft anyway

Stafford new cap hit in 2022 is only 13 million and only 20 million next year. His contract is in great shape and 40 per is only 5th highest now (tied with Dak)

Everyone has to pay their QB eventually. And plenty have won with a non rookie QB. See Brady and Stafford the last 2 years, KC is still building the team with Maholmes on a new deal and had a SB caliber team last year. Every QB gets paid

15 QBs make 25 per or more

Burrow, Murray, Lamar Jackson, Herbert and Lawrence eventually get paid big money too

Last edited:
Stafford was never highest paid especially in new money

Goff is 4th highest cap hit now after Ryan deal and Rodgers trade but Goff is is manageable especially after this year. Lions are building through the draft anyway

Stafford new cap hit in 2022 is only 13 million and only 20 million next year. His contract is in great shape and 40 per is only 5th highest now (tied with Dak)

Everyone has to pay their QB eventually. And plenty have won with a non rookie QB. See Brady and Stafford the last 2 years, KC is still building the team with Maholmes on a new deal and had a SB caliber team last year. Every QB gets paid

15 QBs make 25 per or more

Burrow, Murray, Lamar Jackson, Herbert and Lawrence eventually get paid big money too

Lions gave Stafford top 5 money if i remember correctly...and according to you had nothing around him. I wasnt referring to Goff...but it was part of the reason i wanted to start the rebuild with drafting a QB instead of trading for an over priced vet.

Stafford cap situation is great now...we were talking about 2 years from now when it jumps to $50 mil a year...try to keep up :D

Seahawks resign Wilson for big money...entire team goes to shit including many of the defensive pieces that made that team what it was.

GB resigns Arod...first move after that is to lose Davante.

You cant keep everyone when you pay 1 guy 20% of your salary cap.

Last edited:
Stafford never was top 5 paid. They always redid his deal before the last year hit

Rodgers was paid 40 per for years. Now 50 per it lowered his cap hit and they franchised davante. Davante gone because he was asking for 28 per as a wr lol and wanted to go west with his college buddy

Also team didnt go to shit because the lions didnt spend big in fa. They did spend. The spending was on the wrong peole..flowers, coleman, jessie james, vaitai and collins to name a few. Decker resigned big by quinn too..slay got a big deal from quinn with caldwell then traded because patricia an ass. Diggs got a deal from us too then patricia pisses him off. The issue wasnt spending it was patricia was an ass

Tate, Jones, Reggie Bush, Glover Quin, Tulloch, Levy monster deal in various waves. Monster rookie contacts for suh. Calvin monster rookie deal and highesr paid wr by far too. They literally gave calvin in 2012, stafford 2013 and 2013 signed quin and bush and others, tate in 2014. Franchised ansah for a huge amount in 2018, ngata got a big deal and high cap hits. The list goes on and on what we spent

Last edited:
Stafford never was top 5 paid. They always redid his deal before the last year hit

Rodgers was paid 40 per for years. Now 50 per it lowered his cap hit and they franchised davante. Davante gone because he was asking for 28 per as a wr lol and wanted to go west with his college buddy

Also team didnt go to shit because the lions didnt spend big in fa. They did spend. The spending was on the wrong peole..flowers, coleman, jessie james, vaitai and collins to name a few. Decker resigned big by quinn too..slay got a big deal from quinn with caldwell then traded because patricia an ass. Diggs got a deal from us too then patricia pisses him off. The issue wasnt spending it was patricia was an ass

Tate, Jones, Reggie Bush, Glover Quin, Tulloch, Levy monster deal in various waves. Monster rookie contacts for suh. Calvin monster rookie deal and highesr paid wr by far too. They literally gave calvin in 2012, stafford 2013 and 2013 signed quin and bush and others, tate in 2014. Franchised ansah for a huge amount in 2018, ngata got a big deal and high cap hits. The list goes on and on what we spent

Too sum it up. We had the QB with the weapons and were still losers.

Bad coaching, injuries, Lions good talent underperforming is the main 3 culprits despite having plenty of talent and spending in fa. Except for caldwell, the lions never really had the winning culture either but that was more laid back friendly

Last edited:
Bad coaching, injuries, Lions good talent underperforming is the main 3 culprits despite having plenty of talent and spending in fa. Except for caldwell, the lions never really had the winning culture either but that was more laid back friendly

Don't forget refs and weather.

Back