Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Rams the Frontrunners?

Saturday night.

The Lions will receive a third-round pick in 2021, a first-round pick in 2022 and a first-round pick in 2023 in the exchange of former No. 1 overall picks.

Well love him or hate him we have a QB1 this year. If the QB they want falls to us at 7 we grab him. If not hopefully we trade down for more picks. We should suck this year and have a chance for a top QB next year and an extra first

Last edited:
I'm fine with Goff being a part of the deal. There's still a TON of teams looking for qb. Not impossible that he's traded before even playing here. Worst case you have him for 2 years and I believe you can cut him after 22. He's 26 and has played at a pro bowl level before.

It?s a decent haul. I just thought he was worth more, and maybe we should have waited longer. I have been near a lot of chatter on radio & tv shows that the deal would be getting done before the super bowl. Why the hurry ? Plus the ex-ram guy makes me wonder.

I think his value could only go down from this. Houston's new front office did us a favor saying Watson is still their qb, I still think Watson is gone from there and he'd lower Staffs value once he's back on the market.

I love Goff! I think he'll do well in D. 2 year minimum while we rebuild the lines and D. Is staff really better than Goff? By how much? I dont think enough to notice a huge difference. An extra 3rd this year and we'll have double first round picks in back to back years? Wow. Great deal

Yeah, that's the part that cracks me up about this. Some people are acting like Stafford is just miles ahead of Goff when the numbers clearly tell a different story.

Lions did great. Surprised at how much they got back.

Well the Lions probably will be drafting a qb at 7 right ?

Hell no!

Build the lines and D. Build a real team over the next 3 years with our FIVE 1st rd picks. And then get a new qb if goff isnt good

Yeah, that's the part that cracks me up about this. Some people are acting like Stafford is just miles ahead of Goff when the numbers clearly tell a different story.

Lions did great. Surprised at how much they got back.

They're the same guy. I don't know why we have to get the same guy.

They're the same guy. I don't know why we have to get the same guy.

So we get the same guy, 6 years younger with 2 first round picks and a 3rd this year. Whats the problem?

If we got a 1st this year and a first next, we need to draft or find a FA QB and hope he is at least as good as stafford. And if we draft a qb with one of those 1sts, we're only getting one position filled instead of 4 with this deal.

Just imagine if the rams shit themselves with stafford and we get a top 10 or 15 pick next year + our own. That will be beautiful

This year's draft better be focused on defense and OL.

This year's draft better be focused on defense and OL.

I?m not worried about the Oline. Decker and Ragnow are the building blocks and they play probably the two most important positions on the Oline. Ragnow is a top 3 center and Decker is top 10 LT. Jackson was pretty good for a rookie and should get better. Crosby also outperformed and Logan stern burg has long term potential. Unless it?s good value I?m. It looking for Oline help in the first few rounds. I think we need QB WR or anybody on defense. I personally would not be mad with chase or smith at 7. Not exactly my first choice but those guys are studs.

Back