Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Rush?s Health in Limbo - The End Has Come

You can get a half a cow or even a quarter cow. A whole cow is a lot.

I know, but this guy isn't a full time farmer, has a smaller operation with capacity constraints so he only deals in whole cows. I'm sure I could find another, but I know and trust this guy. I've asked some friends if they want to split one - then I also may be able to get away with a smaller freezer.

Last edited:
I know, but this guy isn't a full time farmer, has a smaller operation with capacity constraints so he only deals in whole cows. I'm sure I could find another, but I know and trust this guy. I've asked some friends if they want to split one - then I also may be able to get away with a smaller freezer.

Picking a farmer you trust is a great reason to pick.

But when can I pick a cloning lab I trust?

Picking a farmer you trust is a great reason to pick.

yeah, and it's not how he makes his living so I think he would give me a good price if he has any available. He's a very successful businessman who lives on a working farm that's more of a hobby - I think he said he has maybe 20 cows at a time and has only gotten that big as friends have asked him to raise cows for their families.

But when can I pick a cloning lab I trust?

No idea - maybe look for Bill Gates' name on the list of shareholders?

Last edited:
yeah, and it's not how he makes his living so I think he would give me a good price if he has any available.

What I've seen, a quarter or half cow runs about $7-9/lb and you end up with a little more than half or 2/3 in steaks/roasts/brisket and 1/3 to a bit under half in ground beef.

What I've seen, a quarter or half cow runs about $7-9/lb and you end up with a little more than half or 2/3 in steaks/roasts/brisket and 1/3 to a bit under half in ground beef.

that's probably ideal but it's also probably harder to split a cow with 4 people as the front and back quarters are obviously not the same. We used to get a side of beef now and then when I was a kid and that lasted our family of 8 for a LONG time.

The other tough thing to figure out is my wife isn't a very patient cook and I don't have a ton of time so the tougher muscles could make for some less than great meals - or is that what goes into the grinder?

Last edited:
Back