Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Rush?s Health in Limbo - The End Has Come

So he hasn't seen all of Braveheart? I remember renting that and "Seven" with my brother, being about 40 minutes in and saying if someone doesn't die soon I'm putting in Seven.

What? William?s father and brother die in the beginning and there is the scene with all the Scottish nobles and pages hanging from the rafters.

This one is good
Logicomix_cover.jpg

I want to get this one
iu

but more in line with what people think of, I did read and like Watchmen.

I also always hated comic books, but I think a graphic novel is (or can be) different.

I have one - this one - because I liked the art, and I followed the artist on twitter before I ever knew he made books. The story is creepy as hell too.

I can see how graphic novels have become a thing to be made into movies. lazy hollywood studios don't need to develop much to get it from the page to the screen... pictures are already there.

I think I've seen Tales from the Loop (same author) advertised on some streaming service.
edit: it says it right there, it's on Amazon

Last edited:
What? William?s father and brother die in the beginning and there is the scene with all the Scottish nobles and pages hanging from the rafters.

I'm not sure if those happen in the first five minutes but the dad and brother deaths are less brutal than the plague scene from Monty Python and The Holy Grail - all you see is their bodies being brought home on a flatbed cart.

I'm not sure if those happen in the first five minutes but the dad and brother deaths are less brutal than the plague scene from Monty Python and The Holy Grail - all you see is their bodies being brought home on a flatbed cart.

Still, the promise of brutal-battlefield gore was looming from the initial Fade from Black.

Still, the promise of brutal-battlefield gore was looming from the initial Fade from Black.

maybe I was just being an impatient twenty-something, but as I recall the movie took a good 30 to 40 minutes to get going - but at whatever minute mark that happened, it was worth the wait.

Edit: we've (the wife and I) have seen a few maybe not great but really good movies lately - Peanut Butter Falcon, which I mentioned on another thread, Hunt for the Wilder People (good to watch with the kids - mine are 11, 9.5 and 7 and they loved it) and last night we watched "I Care a Lot" which I believe is new on Netflix. We would NOT watch it with the kids. It stars the hot blond who played Ben Affleck's sadistic/sociopathic wife in an OK movie a few years ago - her character in this movie makes that one look like June Clever, and Peter Dinklage as a sociopathic Russian mobster in a battle of sociopaths. I wouldn't say it was great, certainly not on the level of other movies mentioned in this thread, but it was definitely entertaining.

Last edited:
When I read this, I thought Lou Dobbs died, but turns out Fox Business cancelled his show. I guess he wasn't "woke" enough.

I thought the same because I think the news of his show being cancelled is a couple weeks old now.

maybe I was just being an impatient twenty-something, but as I recall the movie took a good 30 to 40 minutes to get going - but at whatever minute mark that happened, it was worth the wait.

Edit: we've (the wife and I) have seen a few maybe not great but really good movies lately - Peanut Butter Falcon, which I mentioned on another thread, Hunt for the Wilder People (good to watch with the kids - mine are 11, 9.5 and 7 and they loved it) and last night we watched "I Care a Lot" which I believe is new on Netflix. We would NOT watch it with the kids. It stars the hot blond who played Ben Affleck's sadistic/sociopathic wife in an OK movie a few years ago - her character in this movie makes that one look like June Clever, and Peter Dinklage as a sociopathic Russian mobster in a battle of sociopaths. I wouldn't say it was great, certainly not on the level of other movies mentioned in this thread, but it was definitely entertaining.

Rosamund Pike, Gone Girl.

I?ll have to watch the movie you mentioned.

It think it?s easily worth they almost 2 hours. If you watch it, let me know what you think.

I?ll watch it within a couple of days; I just got a couple of DVDs from Netflix in the mail and I like to watch those first so I can send them back and get more.

From what I saw on IMDb, it looks like a dark comedy.

Good cast.

I’ll watch it within a couple of days; I just got a couple of DVDs from Netflix in the mail and I like to watch those first so I can send them back and get more.

From what I saw on IMDb, it looks like a dark comedy.

Good cast.

It’s listed as a dark comedy, crime drama and thriller. I would say it’s much more the latter 2. When I think of dark comedies I think campier movies like Grosse Pointe Blank or maybe Pulp Fiction, this wasn’t campy. If this is comedy, these people have a sick sense of humor.

Last edited:
You should have heard Detroit FM radio in the early 70s. It was amazing. And then it was ruined within two years when the sponsors sanitized it.

Music with no ads, or very few, read by the DJs.

“Who ate my f***in sandwich?” Was one of many gems from the DJs that I heard as an impressionable 14-year-old kid.

Go to 1:02 of this and listen to the DJ ... be sure to listen long enough to hear the ad @ 3:04 (Arthur Penhallow does the read) ... also scroll to 4:40 ... absolute gold.

And 9:40 on ... must listen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESmPADLLEd8

Pretty good - I recognize some of the places and names. One of my high school reunions was hosted at the Roostertail a good 25+ years after this broadcast. I got my first buzz ever from malt liquor (a 40ozer of Mickey’s), I don’t think Budweiser Malt Liquor was still around by the time I started experimenting - dont remember ever hearing of it. How the DJ managed to get through “the Dept of Health recommends if you’re going to get VD, you should wait until after January first...” without laughing.

Good stuff.

Edit: the Roostertail opened in 1958 and is still going strong 62 years later.

Last edited:
Pretty good - I recognize some of the places and names. One of my high school reunions was hosted at the Roostertail a good 25+ years after this broadcast. I got my first buzz ever from malt liquor (a 40ozer of Mickey?s), I don?t think Budweiser Malt Liquor was still around by the time I started experimenting - dont remember ever hearing of it. How the DJ managed to get through ?the Dept of Health recommends if you?re going to get VD, you should wait until after January first...? without laughing.

Good stuff.

Edit: the Roostertail opened in 1958 and is still going strong 62 years later.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lg5WKsVnEA4

Just had my annual physical.

All good; and my liver is spotless - like titanium; like adamantium, even.

I remain two years behind the roostertail in age.

... I don?t think Budweiser Malt Liquor was still around by the time I started experimenting - ...

started experimenting... with beer?

Just had my annual physical.

All good; and my liver is spotless - like titanium; like adamantium, even.

I remain two years behind the roostertail in age.

Coming out of your physical with a clean bill of health is a great feeling, no? It's one high point of getting old. I used to not give a shit about it, taking it for granted

started experimenting... with beer?

Coming out of your physical with a clean bill of health is a great feeling, no? It's one high point of getting old. I used to not give a shit about it, taking it for granted

With alcohol in general, I think I was 14 or 15 at the time.

Last edited:
Back