Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Sandy Hook families win ruling against Alex Jones

and that was a good thing, gay frogs early stage support of trump was largely the result of trumps positions on endless wars in the middle east which a lot of dems now seem to support along with his anti Establishment mantra. I can still remember when even Micheal Moore was on board with gay frog long before trump, back when Bush Jr was president. oh how the times of changed, the dems have become neocons, the neocons are still neocons while the far left now wants full blown chicom style oppression.

and that was a good thing, gay frogs early stage support of trump was largely the result of trumps positions on endless wars in the middle east which a lot of dems now seem to support along with his anti Establishment mantra. I can still remember when even Micheal Moore was on board with gay frog long before trump, back when Bush Jr was president. oh how the times of changed, the dems have become neocons, the neocons are still neocons while the far left now wants full blown chicom style oppression.

kinda reminds me of how Obama, Schumer and Hillary were all for border security including a physical barrier until it became a central piece of Trump's platform and they realized the Rs would score a political win. Then it became racist, jingoist, nationalistic, tribal, etc, etc - and apparently totally different from the walls they have built around their own homes.

They also used to pretend to care about working class Americans, but they don't even bother with that pretense anymore. It's fight everything at all costs and import as many Dem votes as you can!

Last edited:
this is something I would expect from MC. You should have a little more data before you claim InfoWars follower types are responsible for Trump getting elected.

As for Trump's win, you can believe this nonsense to your own peril. His win was a repudiation, whether right or not, of establishment politics as usual. It's exactly this kind of dismissive arrogance that got him elected in the first place.

And to get back on topic here, how many people believed it? granted it's a small sample size, but the only Alex Jones follower that posts here never believed the false flag story.

I do know this. Most (not all) of the people I respect that voted for Trump, held their noses and voted against the establishment rather than for him.

Why their BS detectors weren't more triggered is a mystery to me. It's a different degree of BS, but to me, it looks like it came from the same place and is different by a matter of degree and not type.

That's part of why I've felt like the Mueller investigation is more likely to find financial crimes. Trump just triggers the same con artist alarms and behind all the BS, I expect to find some analogy to Alex Jones's dietary supplements.

kinda reminds me of how Obama, Schumer and Hillary were all for border security including a physical barrier until it became a central piece of Trump's platform and they realized the Rs would score a political win.

They are all still for that stuff. They are only against "Trump's" wall. Same as Trump doesn't really care and never expected to build a wall across the whole border. Whatever border security we end up with, he will call it his wall and dems will say it's not his wall.

Trump will likely lose in 2020 if Hillary doesn't run again IMO, I just hope we don't elect any of those full blow off the deep end lefties at which there will be a few of them in the field. we'd survive one of the old school dems, its that younger generation of dems that scare the bejebus out of me.

and I like the turmeric root extract supplement the best. popped 4 of those after the half marathon yesterday and I was able to get out of bed!

And ted has a good idea on how to pay for the wall

https://dailycaller.com/2019/01/12/ted-cruz-el-chapo-pay-for-border-wall/

Last edited:
this is something I would expect from MC. You should have a little more data before you claim InfoWars follower types are responsible for Trump getting elected.

As for Trump's win, you can believe this nonsense to your own peril. His win was a repudiation, whether right or not, of establishment politics as usual. It's exactly this kind of dismissive arrogance that got him elected in the first place.

And to get back on topic here, how many people believed it? granted it's a small sample size, but the only Alex Jones follower that posts here never believed the false flag story.

...and I'm not arrogantly pro-establishment. Last politician I went to see speak in person was Ron Paul.

Trump sells anti-establishment ideas like snake oil. If a con artist sells snake oil to help fight cancer, being against the snake oil salesman doesn't mean you're pro-cancer.

I do know this. Most (not all) of the people I respect that voted for Trump, held their noses and voted against the establishment rather than for him.

Why their BS detectors weren't more triggered is a mystery to me. It's a different degree of BS, but to me, it looks like it came from the same place and is different by a matter of degree and not type.

That's part of why I've felt like the Mueller investigation is more likely to find financial crimes. Trump just triggers the same con artist alarms and behind all the BS, I expect to find some analogy to Alex Jones's dietary supplements.

Unless you're referring to the primary, I don't think their BS detectors weren't more triggered - I didn't vote for him, but I still think he's a better option than Hillary. And just to be clear, I'm not saying Trump isn't a bad actor or isn't that bad - maybe he's not as bad as he's been portrayed to be since he began seeking the office, that's debatable. I'm saying Hillary is much worse than she is portrayed to be - I believe she and her husband are the most corrupt, vile, self-serving, criminal scumbags to hold or seek that office in my lifetime, if not ever.

Unless you're referring to the primary, I don't think their BS detectors weren't more triggered - I didn't vote for him, but I still think he's a better option than Hillary. And just to be clear, I'm not saying Trump isn't a bad actor or isn't that bad - maybe he's not as bad as he's been portrayed to be since he began seeking the office, that's debatable. I'm saying Hillary is much worse than she is portrayed to be - I believe she and her husband are the most corrupt, vile, self-serving, criminal scumbags to hold or seek that office in my lifetime, if not ever.

He still has a 40% approval rating. Today.

They are all still for that stuff. They are only against "Trump's" wall. Same as Trump doesn't really care and never expected to build a wall across the whole border. Whatever border security we end up with, he will call it his wall and dems will say it's not his wall.

then why aren't they negotiating for something different? They've all indicated the best they will do is rubber stamp the "same as last year" appropriations for border security. They're not trying to work out where a wall makes sense and where it doesn't, they're not offering x amount for physical barriers and y amount for tech, vehicles, helicopters, personnel, etc. Instead, they're all hobnobbing with lobbyists on a boondoggle in Puerto Rico.

I think they really have abandoned the American worker - their disdain for him/her is no longer being ignored and they're not pretending to try to get it back. They're the racists who turned on them and elected trump. Now they want to push the identity politics harder and import the votes they lost.

Last edited:
...and I'm not arrogantly pro-establishment. Last politician I went to see speak in person was Ron Paul.

Trump sells anti-establishment ideas like snake oil. If a con artist sells snake oil to help fight cancer, being against the snake oil salesman doesn't mean you're pro-cancer.

I'm not saying you're arrogantly pro-establishment. I'm saying it's arrogant to think Trump won because of the followers of obscure conspiracy theorists and not because of a grass roots anti-establishment movement.

Last edited:
I'm not saying you're arrogantly pro-establishment. I'm saying it's arrogant to think Trump won because of the followers of obscure conspiracy theorists.

There you go again.

Reading things that aren't there.

edit: I see your edit, either way, there you go again

Last edited:
There you go again.

Reading things that aren't there.

edit: I see your edit, either way, there you go again

I used to think only a handful of people would buy into certain narratives and arguments, but it turned out there were enough of them to elect Trump.

there you go again, saying you didn't say something you said. If you didn't mean they were somehow the difference or a meaningful portion of the Trump voter block, what did you mean?

Trump won a landslide electoral college vote. If all the conspiracy theorists and white supremacists or other fringe groups people have tried to blame for the win all stayed home, Trump would still be POTUS today.

there you go again, saying you didn't say something you said. If you didn't mean they were somehow the difference or a meaningful portion of the Trump voter block, what did you mean?

Trump won a landslide electoral college vote. If all the conspiracy theorists and white supremacists or other fringe groups people have tried to blame for the win all stayed home, Trump would still be POTUS today.

I am definitely not saying that a obscure part of the population = a very large part of the population.

I said that things that I thought would sway a small number of people, ended up swaying enough people to elect a President. You added the white supremacist and conspiracy theory stuff in your own mind. I said it triggered my BS detector and reeked of a similar snake oil salesman smell as Alex Jones. That doesn't mean I think their followers are the same-sized groups.

Quoting my own post to highlight that I didn't point to white supremacy or conspiracy theories.

Last edited:
More than anything else IMO trump won on account of Hillary being such a horrible candidate along with trump getting just enough fed up former middle class rust belts ticked off from years of crap trade deals and finally just enough disgruntled Bernie supporters after the DNC took it from em.

Those are your primary reasons IMO, the disgruntled Bernie supporters won't be there for trump in 2020 and the rust belt will resort back to being too complacent now after trump has improved things a little bit for them, now as long as the dems don't run Hillary again or someone too far to the left trump is a one term president. So lets hope he's able to accomplish the rest of the agenda before Jan 2021 and that the republicans will retain the senate and take back the house to help keep the dems from undoing too much of the trump agenda and/or taking us too far left.

Last edited:
More than anything else IMO trump won on account of Hillary being such a horrible candidate along with trump getting just enough fed up former middle class rust belts ticked off from years of crap trade deals and finally just enough disgruntled Bernie supporters after the DNC took it from em.

I think that?s pretty much the conventional thinking.

Yes, but how do we know you didn?t edit that stuff out?

You can click the little blue arrow and go back to post #23, which has not been edited. A least not since this tangent happened; I don't remember if there was a quick edit, but there would be a timestamp.

Very important. We need to get to the bottom of this. What will I accuse most of the country of next?!

I think that’s pretty much the conventional thinking.

right yet some people think gay frog and Russians is what put him over the top it would seem. I think those are are also just unproven wacky conspiracy theories.

Last edited:
Back