Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Should we have a Kickoff Countdown?

Should we have a Kickoff Countdown?

• YES, and it's already less than 100 days til kickoff, FUCK!

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • YES, how else will I know when the season starts?

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • NO, I'm an MSU fan and I don't want to be reminded of my crappy team

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO, I've been infected with "Woke Mind Virus" and don't care about football anymore

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
keithbostic13.jpg

13 Days. Less than 2 weeks...!!!! Keith Bostic, Ann Arbor, MI - DB '79-'82; 1st team All Big Ten, 1982; had a key interception in the 1981 Rose Bowl, Bo's 1st Rose Bowl win. Played 7 seasons in the NFL, mostly with the Houston Oilers. His son also attended Michigan and is active in the local chapter of the alumni association.

Thanks.

I?m not able to upload photos anymore, for whatever reason. There really are no videos of Keith that I can find.

I grew up with Keith and his brother, Eddie.

Keith went to Mack and Eddie went to Wines.

Not sure what that was about.

Eddie was a kid with issues and my dad, who was a teacher, kind of took a mentorship role in Eddie?s life.

Eddie seems to have turned out okay.

Here?s his Facebook page (I guess he goes by Ed now that he?s a grown ass man).

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php/?photo_id=4649451941777222

EDIT: Lot of photos of Keith on Ed?s Facebook page, including the photo I linked to.

Last edited:
Keith was a couple years older than you, eh? Weren't you class of '84?

Cade_McNamara_t670.jpg

12 days. Cade McNamara, QB, 2019 - 2022. The only active player in the countdown who also now plays for a different team in the conference. QB'd Michigan to first conference title in 17 years and then was replaced. (See post #136. Coincidentally, that replacement QB also wore #9)

Last edited:
It really sucked that Cade couldn't finish out his college career in Ann Arbor. If he had been a season or two earlier, it would've been huge.

It really sucked that Cade couldn't finish out his college career in Ann Arbor. If he had been a season or two earlier, it would've been huge.

Such is the state of CFB ... in flux with no signs of stabilizing.

9 days. Coincidentally, today is Dennis Franklin's 70th birthday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RCLQcNgHYk

"Franklin was a First-team All Big Ten quarterback in 1974 and led the team in passing and total offense every year from 1972 to 1974, becoming the second player at Michigan since Tom Harmon to accomplish that feat for three consecutive years." Wiki.

Last edited:
Rick_Leach_Michigan_football_1975.png

7 days. Rick Leach, QB, 1975-1978.

"Leach was the first NCAA Division I (now FBS) player to pass for 200 points and score 200 points. He continues to hold the NCAA record for highest percentage of passes for touchdowns (400-499 attempts) with 45 in 462. Leach was named All-Big Ten as a quarterback three times and also placed in the voting for the Heisman Trophy three times.

Leach shattered all Michigan's career passing, total offense and touchdown records. He set an NCAA record for most touchdowns accounted for (82) and broke Big Ten records for total offense (6,460 yards), total plays (1,034), and touchdown passes (48)."​
Wiki

Last edited:
LOL, I had Henne all queued up and ready to go, but I slept in this morning.

(I needed the sleep)

I don't think Mahomes will catch Brady... he's taken too much punishment already.

He plays the game with reckless abandon. While it makes for more dramatic football, it also means he'll have a short(er) career

We love Chad Henne, and if he hadn?t retired and continued to be Mahomes?s backup, he might have caught up to Brady as the former M QB with the most SB rings.

To guys byco and my age, Rick Leach is iconic.

He deserves an additional tribute.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XAa09jQzC1E&pp=ygUecmljayBsZWFjaCBtaWNoaWdhbiBoaWdobGlnaHRz

Leach, at Flint Southwestern,1-hit our HS Varsity in the 1973 Regional Finals as a sophomore, but Royal Oak Kimball won 2-1, when my neighbor goaded him into making an errant pickoff throw to third base, upon which my neighbor scored the winning run. It was all his idea and it paid off. Kimball, the defending state Class A champions, lost in the finals 1-0 in 11 innings to Midland Dow.

Leach, at Flint Southwestern,1-hit our HS Varsity in the 1973 Regional Finals as a sophomore, but Royal Oak Kimball won 2-1, when my neighbor goaded him into making an errant pickoff throw to third base, upon which my neighbor scored the winning run. It was all his idea and it paid off. Kimball, the defending state Class A champions, lost in the finals 1-0 in 11 innings to Midland Dow.

Leach was a pitcher in HS?

Didn?t know that.

s-l400_8.jpg

6 Days. Victor Hobson, LB 1998-2002; was 3rd All-Time in Tackles for Loss at Michigan (since passed by LaMarr Woodley and Brandon Graham and now ranks 5th). Had a 6 year NFL career, mostly with the Jets, and had Spanish 101 with me at Michigan. I would not want to try to carry a football near him.

#5 Johnny Wangler

It?s possible this one could be re-aired on a day in the not too distant future.

I knew both Wangler and Carter during my college days.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7M3jVy_kJR4&pp=ygUeSm9obiBXYW5nbGVyIHRvIEFudGhvbnkgQ2FydGVy

EDIT: Oh, I was also there that day, too.

Friends and relatives from my dad?s home town of rural Merrill (we mispronounce both words and make them rhyme with ?squirrel? or ?pearl?) were visiting and we sat in the north end zone.

Some exciting shit.

5 days.

Last edited:
Back