Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Should we have a Kickoff Countdown?

Should we have a Kickoff Countdown?

• YES, and it's already less than 100 days til kickoff, FUCK!

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • YES, how else will I know when the season starts?

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • NO, I'm an MSU fan and I don't want to be reminded of my crappy team

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO, I've been infected with "Woke Mind Virus" and don't care about football anymore

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah... we've been posting so long, Wangler's kid has come and gone. I think he played special teams a bit.

Counting the ESPN boards and it's been 20 years for me.

I started around '05. That was a lousy season to endure after '04. But we bounced back in '06. But the App. State loss kicked off '07. and if all that wasn't bad enough, then we had 3 years of RichRod Aaargh... that was a rough time. Most of everyone's "online experience" included the absolute worst 7 season stretch in Michigan football history ('08-'14) if not THE worst.

I started around '05. That was a lousy season to endure after '04. But we bounced back in '06. But the App. State loss kicked off '07. and if all that wasn't bad enough, then we had 3 years of RichRod Aaargh... that was a rough time. Most of everyone's "online experience" included the absolute worst 7 season stretch in Michigan football history ('08-'14) if not THE worst.

I distinctly remember memes of Steve Bartman popping up on the ESPN threads minutes after he interfered with Moises Alou on that fateful foul ball in the 2003 NLCS.

Last edited:
I distinctly remember memes of Steve Bartman popping up on the ESPN threads minutes after he interfered with Moises Alou on that fateful foul ball in the 2003 NLCS.

Routine double play ball right after Bartman that ends the inning. Cubs fans still blame Bartman over their professional shortstop for one of the worst plays in MLB playoff history. It's the Buckner play for the Cubs, except Alex Gonzalez wasn't broken down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR4r5QesGIg

Bartman got ran out of his home because Gonzalez blew the game.

Last edited:
Routine double play ball right after Bartman that ends the inning. Cubs fans still blame Bartman over their professional shortstop for one of the worst plays in MLB playoff history. It's the Buckner play for the Cubs, except Alex Gonzalez wasn't broken down.

And that was G6. People forget that the Cubs also lost G7. They were leading 5-3 in that game, too. And the Cubs were up 3-1 in the series.

Last edited:
Marquise-Walker-999x.jpg

4 days. Marquise Walker, WR, 1998-2001. First-Team All Big Ten, First-Team All-American 2001.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCP0wSE69dY

that was great. I had just started law school and (it being the first time I lived outside of Michigan) was annoyed by people assuming I was a cubs fan, without asking me first. That play and their meltdown was hilarious. People in my section got really mad at me.

My friend played club baseball with Steve Bartman and said he was a genuinely nice guy, and really dorky about baseball and in that regard it was tragic; Bartman was wearing their club team jacket at the game.

they made it up to him (link). he got a world series ring in '16, and they all said nice things about him.

Thanks, dude.

The next two are pretty easy.

Right. Chris Grieves (2) and Gregg Willner. (1) Both lived on my floor at Rumsey House.

Grieves was a walk-on WR who never played a down; Willner, a kicker from Florida, who either didn't exhibit much innate intelligence, or fooled us all.

Last edited:
Right. Chris Grieves (2) and Gregg Willner. (1) Both lived on my floor at Rumsey House.

Grieves was a walk-on WR who never played a down; Willner, a kicker from Florida, who either didn't exhibit much innate intelligence, or fooled us all.

Yeah, those would have been my choices,

Back