Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Spring Football 2023

Wierd that you're over here posting about msu transfers and yet nothing on your forum about that douche Hunter leaving your hoops team for Kansas. But I guess when like 80% of your roster leaves over 2 years it becomes the norm. As long as Howard is still there coaching, I'd pump the breaks on hurling "developing" insults at Mel

we're a football school, gotime.

Good luck to Thorne at Auburn. I have no ill will towards him and will always love the 2021 season but I think he?s going to get crushed by the likes of Georgia/Bama/LSU.

Anyway... what's the latest on MSU football according to the faithful on this board?

For me personally, I'm in wait and see mode. I've never been more unsure on the program in my Fandom.

Tough to be sure of any program these days not in the SEC that isn't called Alabama and Georgia since players can migrate from one program to another like birds, whales, Monarch Butterflies, people from Senegal to the U.S., etc ...

Last edited:
Expectations are very low, obviously. I?m not aware of any player or even position group to be hopeful for/excited about. Three years probably isn?t enough to judge a coach but right now it?s not looking particularly promising for Tucker. Dantonio, who I thought was a good but definitely not great coach left him a crap sandwich, but now starting year 4 he needs to show us something. As gotime said though the best you can say is it?s a big question mark at this point.

Last edited:
Expectations are very low, obviously. I?m not aware of any player or even position group to be hopeful for/excited about. Three years probably isn?t enough to judge a coach but right now it?s not looking particularly promising for Tucker. Dantonio, who I thought was a good but definitely not great coach left him a crap sandwich, but now starting year 4 he needs to show us something. As gotime said though the best you can say is it?s a big question mark at this point.

Well, I've never rooted against MSU unless the opponent was Michigan, and I wish the best for the program this year.

It?s way early but I will say that if this team misses a bowl game again I will be out on Tucker and want him canned (we probably wouldn?t do it unfortunately). I think if we went 7-5 and I saw some bright spots on both sides of the ball I would be encouraged for 2024 and call that a moderate success this year. Looking at the schedule I see 4 losses minimum (Washington, Michigan, OSU, PSU). Unfortunately our ?easier? games of Indiana and Rutgers are both on the road so even those aren?t gimmes. We?re also at Iowa which feels like we?ve won there once in 25 years so that feels like a loss too. Also at Minnesota which I believe just lost their 40 year old QB Morgan and their stud RB Ibrahim. Nebraska comes to EL, interested to see if they get up off the mat with Rhule at HC. Given the schedule I think 6-6 feels like a reasonable prediction.

Vegas has our over/under for wins at 4.5, tied for 3rd lowest w/ Rutgers, ahead of IU (4) NW (3.5). That's pretty pathetic - we should never have a lower expected win total than Ill, Minnie, Maryland or Nebraska.

Our odds of winning the B1G are +12,500 - you could get a pretty decent car for $400 if a few balls bounce your way...

If Keon Coleman ends up staying, I'm jumping all over the +12,500

Last edited:
Vegas has our over/under for wins at 4.5, tied for 3rd lowest w/ Rutgers, ahead of IU (4) NW (3.5). That's pretty pathetic - we should never have a lower expected win total than Ill, Minnie, Maryland or Nebraska.

Our odds of winning the B1G are +12,500 - you could get a pretty decent car for $400 if a few balls bounce your way...

If Keon Coleman ends up staying, I'm jumping all over the +12,500

that extra 0.5 of a win is generous. I'd take the under. My only concern for a 5-win season is that Maryland game, because Maryland hired Josh Gattis. State might be able to stumble their way to a win in that one now, when he sandbags their offense to the bottom of the conference.

the latest from the rumor mill - word is Coleman has narrowed it down to 2 schools and MSU isn't one of them. According to an insider (apparently one of Coleman's insiders, not one of J2x2x's totally reliable insiders), Coleman will decide between Florida State and Ole Miss within a week.

Last edited:
Don't know anything about Zach Wilson's brother - I'm only posting this here as a comment on the impact of the portal. From the piece...

Isaac Wilson, a four-star quarterback prospect in the class of 2024, has reportedly declared he?ll start his college football career at the University of Utah.

Does that mean they expect him to finish somewhere else? The portal has changed virtually everyone's perspective on college football. It's made me incrementally less interested.

Last edited:
WR Alante Brown from Nebraska just committed to MSU. He has 2 years of eligibility left.

Back