Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Stafford gone to rams

So instead of a top pick we get late 1st next season and a late 1st the following season. I'm pretty sure we made this because our GM former Ram.

Mitch, they are going to have 4 first round picks in the next 2 years. And you are just assuming the Rams are going to be amazing- what happens if in one of those two years Stafford gets hurt, or they don't play up to their level and miss the playoffs?

This is more than anyone thought we would get back. There were reports that the Lions were looking at getting a 2nd and 3rd in this year and next year back- this is WAY better.

A young stop gag who is owed a ton and a new QB with this defense.

Goff was a through in just to get out under his contract. Listen we are not close to competition and finally we have a coaching staff that knows this. We now have two first rounds for the next two years. On top of that the rams are in a tough division there is no guarantee they make the playoffs next year so these picks could definitely be middle of the pack or higher. A lot of you guys thought it would be tough to get a first.

Also we will see if true mediocre qb can do as well as stafford did with lions support

Goff was a through in just to get out under his contract. Listen we are not close to competition and finally we have a coaching staff that knows this. We now have two first rounds for the next two years. On top of that the rams are in a tough division there is no guarantee they make the playoffs next year so these picks could definitely be middle of the pack or higher. A lot of you guys thought it would be tough to get a first.

I get that but you don't get a QB who also has a big money sticker . Maybe they don't understand it.

Quite honestly, I can see Goff getting flipped too. Teams desperate for a QB might offer up a 2nd for him. I don't think Holmes is done.

So we wait 5 years? Wait for a new coaching staff? Rams had a shitty GOFF this season and still won game. They're high picks.

This is a brilliant trade. Now to become even smarter with it, they should trade Goff and get even more picks, especially if some of them could be this year picks. Draft the future QB at #7 and then build the D with all those other picks over the next few years.

While a part of me wants Stafford to have success outside of the Lions, I will not be upset if those future 1sts become very high 1st picks because the Rams crash and burn the next few years. Couple that with a hopeful top 10 pick for the Lions again next year due to developing their new QB...heck, might even be a top 5 pick next year...lots of future potential.

Will the Lions finally capitalize on all that potential...I doubt it...but at least for now there is a smidge of optimism that maybe they finally get lucky.

They should also work on trading Golladay in similar deal for future picks. Get as many draft picks as possible for the next few years, and hopefully a few for this year too.

Draft capital is how the Browns finally turned things around. Lions would do well to learn from their path. Not that they should aim to be 0-16 and 1-15...but if they only win 3-4 games next year that is fine. Setup for what will happen 3-5 years from now instead of attempting to win the 2022 Super Bowl.

Is it wrong I hate this trade?

Yeah. It is. haha jk

The consensus so far is that the Lions got a haul back. People were thinking recently that the return would be a couple 2nds- I think they got a lot more than anyone thought.

Don't think Holmes is done either.

This is a brilliant trade. Now to become even smarter with it, they should trade Goff and get even more picks, especially if some of them could be this year picks. Draft the future QB at #7 and then build the D with all those other picks over the next few years.

While a part of me wants Stafford to have success outside of the Lions, I will not be upset if those future 1sts become very high 1st picks because the Rams crash and burn the next few years. Couple that with a hopeful top 10 pick for the Lions again next year due to developing their new QB...heck, might even be a top 5 pick next year...lots of future potential.

Will the Lions finally capitalize on all that potential...I doubt it...but at least for now there is a smidge of optimism that maybe they finally get lucky.

They should also work on trading Golladay in similar deal for future picks. Get as many draft picks as possible for the next few years, and hopefully a few for this year too.

Draft capital is how the Browns finally turned things around. Lions would do well to learn from their path. Not that they should aim to be 0-16 and 1-15...but if they only win 3-4 games next year that is fine. Setup for what will happen 3-5 years from now instead of attempting to win the 2022 Super Bowl.

Only if they could trade him. But we talk about Matt and yet here we are with his twin brother.

Yeah. It is. haha jk

The consensus so far is that the Lions got a haul back. People were thinking recently that the return would be a couple 2nds- I think they got a lot more than anyone thought.

Don't think Holmes is done either.

Who thought 2 2nds?

We needed a cheap young QB and that won't happened unless we unload Goff.

And a 1st next year is like a 2nd. The following year is like a 3rd.

We needed a cheap young QB and that won't happened unless we unload Goff.

Why not? They can still draft their QB at 7.

And this is assuming Goff is even the QB for this team next season. I think he gets moved.

Told you Stafford worth more than just a 1st..way way more

By the way..we have qb that has won playoff games and been to a super bowl..you guys wanted that rigjt? Hahahaha

And a 1st next year is like a 2nd. The following year is like a 3rd.

A 1st is a 1st, regardless of what year.

So in like six years, a 1st is a 7th?

This team needs a serious infusion of talent. Amassing two future 1sts is big.

After being traded.....I believe we’re only on the hook for base salaries.....which is $25M this year but only $10M next year. Then there is an out after 2022.

I may not be 100% correct, but I know we’re not responsible for any of his signing bonus. That’s all on the Rams.

Back