Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Stafford gone to rams

A 1st is a 1st, regardless of what year.

So in like six years, a 1st is a 7th?

This team needs a serious infusion of talent. Amassing two future 1sts is big.

They lose value. Common sense. That's why you see 4th round picks traded for the following years 3rd round picks.

Until the draft arrives....then they?re both 1sts.

Now when we could have had them the year before. It doesn't work that way as far as today. I don't understand trading for Goff. Next yards QB class stinks. This is the year we needed to get one. I don't see it happening now.

Now when we could have had them the year before. It doesn't work that way as far as today. I don't understand trading for Goff. Next yards QB class stinks. This is the year we needed to get one. I don't see it happening now.

Mitch, they can still draft their QB.

Also, yes, they are first round picks. They are amassing a stockpile of first round picks. Unless they are hell bent on trading up, they will have 1st round value.

Goff isn?t owed a ton.....we?re still very much in play for a QB

So we wait 5 years? Wait for a new coaching staff? Rams had a shitty GOFF this season and still won game. They're high picks.

For one we are not stuck with all of Goffs guaranteed money. We will know more in the coming days, but I doubt it would be crippling to get rid of him in a year. We are not competing next year. The following year we have a chance to be mediocre. We are building long term which is great. In three years we have, as it stands right now, 5 first rounders. 3 2nds and 4 3rds. That?s a lot of young players. One of those picks is 7th overall. More then likely our pick next year is top 5. The one after that is probably top 10 as well. We have a chance to bring in a ton of young talent and set this team up long term.

I hate goff. I hate that we didn't gain much draft capitol this year. We're going to be really bad next year. Needed alot to go right to be average. There's not enough moves to make. So so bad next year lol.

I hate goff. I hate that we didn't gain much draft capitol this year. We're going to be really bad next year. Needed alot to go right to be average. There's not enough moves to make. So so bad next year lol.

We were going to be bad next year regardless lol.

Goff is a playoff winner guys. You wanted a playoff winning qb on this team

And a 1st next year is like a 2nd. The following year is like a 3rd.

This makes zero sense. Its draft capital. They could easily(and likely) trade 1 of those firsts for a first this year. The value doesn't go down each year.

What do you all not understand? This team was going to be dog shit the next 2 years with or without Stafford. Who cares when the first round picks are? Get as many high picks as you can and try and compete in 3 years to make a run in the playoffs. Hell Goff has accomplished more than Stafford has in half the time in the league. Is he as talented, no but his resume is better. Plus we got 3 picks with him.

Yeah. It is. haha jk

The consensus so far is that the Lions got a haul back. People were thinking recently that the return would be a couple 2nds- I think they got a lot more than anyone thought.

Don't think Holmes is done either.

Hate is a strong word I suppose. I guess I?d give it a C as of now.

I just don?t want Goff or his contract, though I don?t know enough of how you could maybe weasel out of it early or trade him again.

I also wish one of the first rounders was this year. I can easily see the Rams being pretty damn good and that shiny first round pick loses a bit of luster at the very tail end of the first round. Still good, but not as great as what I think of when I hear ?first round pick.?

Kyle Wilson, Trey Lance, Mac Jones and Kyle Trask weren't expected to be 1st round picks this time last year so saying next years class stinks is kind of stupid. Shit Joe Burrow went 1 overall last draft and wasn't even a starter the year before.

Back