Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Stafford gone to rams

Gurley or Adrian Peterson

I'd take Gurley if those were my only two options.

AP cost us a lot of yards last year. He is still good at fighting for yards after contact in tight spaces.....but he is below average with any type of room to run. He simply doesn't have the speed or wiggle to make anything happen when there is something available.

Last edited:
Came across this. Carolina had reportedly offered the Lions their 2021 first-round pick (eighth overall), a fifth-round pick and quarterback Teddy Bridgewater.

Came across this. Carolina had reportedly offered the Lions their 2021 first-round pick (eighth overall), a fifth-round pick and quarterback Teddy Bridgewater.

Time will tell if the deal they got from the Rams is better or the Carolina deal. They could have had Justin Fields with the 8th pick.

Other combos if you don't like Fields
Sewell and Surtain
Sewell and Parsons

My guess is both picks they get from the Rams will be in the 20's.

Bridgewater is certainly a lot cheaper than Goff. The Lions probably could have done a little better in FA this year too.

In Fantasy Football, I picked the Rams K because I am betting on Stafford giving him many opportunities for FGs.

Time will tell if the deal they got from the Rams is better or the Carolina deal. They could have had Justin Fields with the 8th pick.

Other combos if you don't like Fields
Sewell and Surtain
Sewell and Parsons

My guess is both picks they get from the Rams will be in the 20's.

Bridgewater is certainly a lot cheaper than Goff. The Lions probably could have done a little better in FA this year too.

True and though Stafford didn't have a no trade clause they still gave him what he wanted. He had 3 teams he wanted to go to. LA, SF and, Indy.

Remember the lazy narrative that Stafford doesn't make the others around him better?

Hmmm, I wonder why Cooper Kupp is having a career year, 122 catches, 1625 yards, 14 TD.

Other players who had their best seasons with Stafford: Calvin, Tate, Marvin Jones, Golladay etc.

Remember the lazy narrative that Stafford doesn't make the others around him better?

Hmmm, I wonder why Cooper Kupp is having a career year, 122 catches, 1625 yards, 14 TD.

Other players who had their best seasons with Stafford: Calvin, Tate, Marvin Jones, Golladay etc.

is he better or just being fed the ball more? He has had 165 balls thrown his way through 14 games. That's 40 more than all of last year.

He's seeing more of the ball for sure, but he's doing more with it.

Receptions per target: 2020 - .77 | 2021 - .74

Yards per target: 2020 - 7.85 | 2021 - 9.91

TDs per target: 2020 - .02 | 2021 - .09

Make of these numbers what you will, but he's definitely more productive this year.

They have something in common, neither is a pro-bowler.

Throw a pick 6 in 3 straight games and you should absolutely be removed from any award lost, even one as lame and insignificant these days as Pro Bowl since so many times better players refuse to be involved in it that worse players become PBS.

They need to eliminate the PB. Just make those guys like 2nd or 3rd team All Pros and let them have that recognition without having to play that lame ass game.

Stafford continues to prove that he isn't an elite QB. Three pick sixes in 3 games and then he shits the bed yesterday vs. a shitty MN defense.

Back