Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Stafford gone to rams

Most 1st Down Completions,
On 3rd and 6 or Longer,
Since 2018:

1. Matt Ryan (140)
2. Patrick Mahomes (122)
3. Kirk Cousins (116)
4. Matthew Stafford (115)
5. Tom Brady (114)

I?d be surprised if we need to trade up.

Depends how many desperate QB teams in front of us. 3-4 QB prospects though this year but that changes, but if Holmes falls in love like he did Jameson we might. Lions could win 4-5 or they could win 8-10 this year. Wildcard year with Goff, young defense with a good DC but lighter schedule. Goff has the weapons, run game, has the Oline, got to do produce well or he is gone. Upper 90s QB rating at least, maybe his 3rd 100 QB rating season. He has to look like Rams 2017/2018 or we need a QB.

I?m curious to see how Goff and the rest of the offense look going through training camp without Anthony Lynn this time around. Don?t think Goff is anything more than a middle-to-bottom third starting QB, but we?ll see how this year plays out.

If Goff sucks this year I see him as an easy cut next year with the cap savings. Not sure what happens if Goff plays well, can?t imagine them living with a 30 mil cap hit for another year, but I don?t think they get rid of him either.

I?m curious to see how Goff and the rest of the offense look going through training camp without Anthony Lynn this time around. Don?t think Goff is anything more than a middle-to-bottom third starting QB, but we?ll see how this year plays out.

If Goff sucks this year I see him as an easy cut next year with the cap savings. Not sure what happens if Goff plays well, can?t imagine them living with a 30 mil cap hit for another year, but I don?t think they get rid of him either.

I think the nightmare scenario is if Goff is a middle of the pack QB and the team wins 7 to 9 games.

I think the nightmare scenario is if Goff is a middle of the pack QB and the team wins 7 to 9 games.

I don't think it is wins tied to him. He has to play well. like 100 QB rating good and we lose shootouts.

He was 17th in QB rating with the major weapon problems, Lynn and Oline injuries last year. He needs upper 90s, 100 QB rating, double TD to int to justify the 30 million cap hit

I don't think they can trade him until after the draft though to make sure they get their guy. Don't know how that will effect his remaining cap hit with a roster bonus. If he is even tradeable. Throwing a rookie into the fire without a good backup isn't the best idea either

Everything I have seen from camp notes is offense is light years ahead of the low bar that was last years camp when the Lions defense looked dominant and wasn't good at all defense.

Last edited:
Depends how many desperate QB teams in front of us. 3-4 QB prospects though this year but that changes, but if Holmes falls in love like he did Jameson we might. Lions could win 4-5 or they could win 8-10 this year. Wildcard year with Goff, young defense with a good DC but lighter schedule. Goff has the weapons, run game, has the Oline, got to do produce well or he is gone. Upper 90s QB rating at least, maybe his 3rd 100 QB rating season. He has to look like Rams 2017/2018 or we need a QB.

We?re not the previous Rams team Goff had success with. We?re a 3-win NFL team who used the off-season to re-sign players from the 3-win team and the draft to improve. The the off-season we had, it?s obvious winning is not a priority this year. Another ?re-build? season is in front of us. We?ll be picking in the top 3 again w/o trading up.

I?ll be one of the people taking the under on the 6.5 wins and watch the losses w a smile.

We?re not the previous Rams team Goff had success with. We?re a 3-win NFL team who used the off-season to re-sign players from the 3-win team and the draft to improve. The the off-season we had, it?s obvious winning is not a priority this year. Another ?re-build? season is in front of us. We?ll be picking in the top 3 again w/o trading up.

I?ll be one of the people taking the under on the 6.5 wins and watch the losses w a smile.

Ragnow is basically an add. And hopefully full year of Decker, Jackson and Sewell. Expecting a top 5 Oline. Evan Brown a good cheap re-sign for depth too

DJ Chark was not a re-sign. Josh Reynolds improved this offense when he came in. Raymond is fine as punt returner and WR 4 which he wasn't last year due to injuries in front of him. Another solid re-sign in Reynolds and Raymond. St Brown is good. Hock is good.

Running game was solid last year and the Oline got better. Swift looks stronger and faster, hope it helps his health. Williams good RB 2, Reynolds good RB 3

Jameson probably not until November playing

This is not a 3 win offense if Goff gets back to early Rams form or close to it. He has almost Ram 2017/2018 talent around him (Gurley was an absolute beast), but the weapons might be better even with Jameson healing. But probably not Ram offensive coaching though.

Goff has a real chance to play well. His last chance. He knows it. That motivation helps him.

Defense was draft with Hutch and Paschal and year 2 jump of 3 players. Board, Elliot are former Ravens that can be solid. Harris was a good pass rusher and deserved back. Julian Okwara still cheap but showed pass rush skills last year. Romeo healing. Okudah is back and that's a wild card. Walker and AO are solid too. It's alot of solid with a good DC and wildcards (year 2 players/Okudah) with crap Anzalone mixed in that I'm hoping Barnes jumps him. It has a ceiling of average but average could work with this offense and this schedule. We'll see

Ragnow is basically an add. And hopefully full year of Decker, Jackson and Sewell. Expecting a top 5 Oline. Evan Brown a good cheap re-sign for depth too

DJ Chark was not a re-sign. Josh Reynolds improved this offense when he came in. Raymond is fine as punt returner and WR 4 which he wasn't last year due to injuries in front of him. Another solid re-sign in Reynolds and Raymond. St Brown is good. Hock is good.

Running game was solid last year and the Oline got better. Swift looks stronger and faster, hope it helps his health. Williams good RB 2, Reynolds good RB 3

Jameson probably not until November playing

This is not a 3 win offense if Goff gets back to early Rams form or close to it. He has almost Ram 2017/2018 talent around him (Gurley was an absolute beast), but the weapons might be better even with Jameson healing. But probably not Ram offensive coaching though.

Goff has a real chance to play well. His last chance. He knows it. That motivation helps him.

Defense was draft with Hutch and Paschal and year 2 jump of 3 players. Board, Elliot are former Ravens that can be solid. Harris was a good pass rusher and deserved back. Julian Okwara still cheap but showed pass rush skills last year. Romeo healing. Okudah is back and that's a wild card. Walker and AO are solid too. It's alot of solid with a good DC and wildcards (year 2 players/Okudah) with crap Anzalone mixed in that I'm hoping Barnes jumps him. It has a ceiling of average but average could work with this offense and this schedule. We'll see

LKP's delusion is in mid season form :lmao:

LKP's delusion is in mid season form :lmao:

No way in hell.

I don?t spend much time on this board or pay much attention to the posters, but it?s impossible to imagine any Lions fan could be so deluded midseason in almost any recent season (since 1957) ever.

The fucker may won a few more. Not sure how the Rams pay guys with the cap. But I really hope they don't because the lions need something to go right damn It all.

The fucker may won a few more. Not sure how the Rams pay guys with the cap. But I really hope they don't because the lions need something to go right damn It all.

The Rams backloaded Allen Robinson, Joe Noteboom, Bobby Wagner deals big time. Cap hits of 4.5, 3.5, 2.5 respectively for 2022. Stafford got a new deal which was backloaded and lowered his cap hit to 13.5 million. Restructured Leonard Floyd to a 8 million cap hit but alot dead money later. Not sure if Cooper Kupps new deal lowered his cap hit but still big at 17.5. They traded injured Robert Woods to Titans for some cap relief too. Didn't have a first or 2nd round pick to give money to. No dead money other than 11.9 dead for Robert Woods trade.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles-rams/cap/2022/

That?s why I say the cap is an excuse. Good teams always find creative financial ways to make it work.

That?s why I say the cap is an excuse. Good teams always find creative financial ways to make it work.

We don't know if it will work for the Rams this year. No early draft picks again. Miller and OBJ were somehow vet min adds last year and both gone. Noteboom was cheap, though they had Whitworth. Downgrade here at LT. Wagner/Robinson wasn't on the team, Woods was but got hurt. Stafford had a higher cap number last year though. Rams were pretty healthy last year too, not 100% but compared to the entire league they were. And then of course when Woods goes down, they get OBJ cheap because he forced his way out of Cleveland. Same with Von Miller but that took a 2nd rounder but was cheap cap wise

We don't know if it will work for the Rams this year. No early draft picks again. Miller and OBJ were somehow vet min adds last year and both gone. Noteboom was cheap, though they had Whitworth. Downgrade here at LT. Wagner/Robinson wasn't on the team, Woods was but got hurt. Stafford had a higher cap number last year though. Rams were pretty healthy last year too, not 100% but compared to the entire league they were. And then of course when Woods goes down, they get OBJ cheap because he forced his way out of Cleveland. Same with Von Miller but that took a 2nd rounder but was cheap cap wise

Again, good teams find ways. You pay people in the organization to move money around and free up what needs to be freed. Rams, Chiefs, Saints, Brady teams, Bills, they?ve all figured out how to beat the salary cap system. Cap space is like injuries, it?s an excuse for loosing organizations like the Lions.

Back