Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

State of the Tigers

lonesometiger

8-17-2023
Tigers are in 3rd place. Now 8 game out, 7 in the loss column. And three and a half behind the tribe. Three game behind in the loss column.
The really bad news is 12 under .500! Alarm! 54-66 with 40 to play. Its Sparky time to show up and finish strong.
The good news is Tigers have the next 4 games with the tribe, they are catchable right now. And three at the end of the season. There 7 winable games there. A sweep is necessary. win 4 and second place is there. 4-0
The crubs (cubs ) are next for three games Two out of three is possible.. 6-1
Houston next, Tigers are 2-1 against them. Doing that again is possible. 8-2
Yanks with 4 there playing poorly and should be taken 2or 3 games 11-3
Soxs are next for 3. A sweep is in order 14-3
The Yankfor three go 2-1 and done with the east relief. 16-4
Fixing here The sox are here for a three game sweep with there depleted pitching add 3-0 to the the end total
Reds could be a problem, but should take them 2-1. 18-5
A west coast trip is never good . Angals for three is/could be good or bad depending on the pitching match ups 1-2 or 2-1 . 19-7
LAD is bad as it gets. 1-2,0-3 are the bad news 20-9
A;s for 4 Tkittens have to grow to be TIGERS against this team! 3-1 has to be the mark to achieve 4-0 would be better. 23-10
Home with kc for 3 a sweep here would be sweet 26-10
And finally, the tribe falls down to a three-game sweep 29-10 I missed the second sox series. Yes, total will then be 32-10 to finish 86-76 10 over!!!!!
Tigers are hitting lately, and their schedule gets better for them. The next 4 games are hugh for them as they could be the launching of good things to come.
Now I know all of this is from a fan view point but this could all happen? Yea I know but it also has other teams to play into all of this.
The tribe should be taken by thier 6 losses to the Tigers. They got LAD, 3,TOr, 3 min 3, TB 3 Min 3, LAA 4, SF 3,T 3,KC 3, OREO's FOUR,cin 2 au the schedule is loaded against them. 12 -27 could be done and finish.
Now the Mimmie's PIT 3 tuff, Mil tuffer,Tex 0-4nough said, 1-8, cle toss up, 3-9, Tex 3, 3-12,cle 3 ,5-13, and this could be the bess. Relief mets 3,8-13, O no TB 3 8-16, sox 4 11-17, cin 3 13-18, LAA 3 14-20, A's 3 17-20 GR 3 19-21 82-80

Yea there catchable.

The schedule favors the Tigers. Just keep Tork, Carp, Green and rogers, hitting play Cabrera the right time and use him wisely, Pitching is the key as well, everyone needs to step up. The hard games are now got to get winning the winnable ones now.

Based on record, the Tigers are the 4th worst team in the AL and 8th overall. Based on their -101 run differential, they are the 4th worst team in baseball. My only hope is for the young guys to play well and develop. I wouldn't mind them dropping back a little and get the #5 pick in the draft.

People say they have a chance because of the weak division but they're a dozen games under. 500. They haven't gained ground on Minny for quite some time. They're not going to play . 700 ball for 40+ games.

8-17-2023
Tigers are in 3rd place. Now 8 game out, 7 in the loss column. And three and a half behind the tribe. Three game behind in the loss column.
The really bad news is 12 under .500! Alarm! 54-66 with 40 to play. Its Sparky time to show up and finish strong.
The good news is Tigers have the next 4 games with the tribe, they are catchable right now. And three at the end of the season. There 7 winable games there. A sweep is necessary. win 4 and second place is there. 4-0
Fixing here The sox are here for a three game sweep with there depleted pitching add 3-0 to the the end total
A west coast trip is never good . Angals for three is/could be good or bad depending on the pitching match ups 1-2 or 2-1 . 19-7
A;s for 4 Tkittens have to grow to be TIGERS against this team! 3-1 has to be the mark to achieve 4-0 would be better. 23-10
And finally, the tribe falls down to a three-game sweep 29-10 I missed the second sox series. Yes, total will then be 32-10 to finish 86-76 10 over!!!!!
Tigers are hitting lately, and their schedule gets better for them. The next 4 games are hugh for them as they could be the launching of good things to come.
Now I know all of this is from a fan view point but this could all happen? Yea I know but it also has other teams to play into all of this.
The tribe should be taken by thier 6 losses to the Tigers. They got LAD, 3,TOr, 3 min 3, TB 3 Min 3, LAA 4, SF 3,T 3,KC 3, OREO's FOUR,cin 2 au the schedule is loaded against them. 12 -27 could be done and finish.
Now the Mimmie's PIT 3 tuff, Mil tuffer,Tex 0-4nough said, 1-8, cle toss up, 3-9, Tex 3, 3-12,cle 3 ,5-13, and this could be the bess. Relief mets 3,8-13, O no TB 3 8-16, sox 4 11-17, cin 3 13-18, LAA 3 14-20, A's 3 17-20 GR 3 19-21 82-80

Yea there catchable.

Im in ! Go Tigers !

Bring up the kids For September calls up. Not sure how many you can call up now.

Meadows, Mallory, Keith, and Clark and see what happens.
maybe another catcher.
Not sure what pitcher right now .

Maybe the tigers get hot.

Last edited:
Bring up the kids For September calls up. Not sure how many you can call up now.

maybe another catcher.

My guess is Mallory & Meadows get called up. Not sure on Keith. No way they call up an 18 year old that is in rookie ball. I doubt they would call up any pitchers from the minors since most are typically on inning counts. Maybe Dillon Dingler for an additional catcher?

maybe another catcher.

28 max players so 3 and of course they need to be on the 40. IT went cost them service time but they will use an option.

Side note: Looking at the youngest prospect we have on top 30, 17 years old..
Scouting grades: Hit: 50 | Power: 50 | Run: 50 | Arm: 50 | Field: 55 | Overall: 40

Everything 50 though field is 55 and yet overall is 40. Just find that funny..

maybe another catcher.

Clark has had 28 AB's outside of HIGH SCHOOL and you want to call him up??

Um.......no. That would be stupid.

Clark has had 28 AB's outside of HIGH SCHOOL and you want to call him up??

Um.......no. That would be stupid.

Al Kaline did it but with only 3 spots available he will not be called up..Probably Meadows, and Malloy and one other guy. I just thought giving the kid a taste would really energize him and the fan base even if he didn?t play.

Last edited:
8-17-2023

Yea there catchable.
Tigers are not that good with double header's.
Took tribe 3-1 alright got to go 29-9 now still could happen. Dreams do come true. For that douther Tigers are 3-1 in thier last 4 for .750. Thats over .700. Thats all that needs to be done win 3 out 4 not asking to much over a short time.

And in this long weekend going 3-1 we gained 0 games. I know this is a fun post but 2024 I'm ready.

Just watched MLBtv. AJ was talking about winning games and, and yea winning the Division. And how good the Tigers young player are hitting lately.The game today is a 54.9 for the Tigers, which, imo doesn't mean a thing to me. As the game is played on the field not odds-on paper. But really Tigers should get this one. A series win against a playoff type team is improvement, and that what needs to be done. Lets go Tigers.

It's funny that we were closer to Minny at the trade deadline. Yet they decided to sell. Didn't sound like they thought they could win.

Well, that cub series did not pan out right. Tigers should have gone 2-1, not 1-2 and really could have gone 3-0. Pitching fell down. 28-7 is now what they need to do. Is still possible, but a large hill to climb now. Trying to stay positive, Minnie lost so no ground lost to them but missed gaining is not good. And back to 11 games under .500!!! Not good!
Now Houston pitching matchup are mix two Houston pitchers are 9-9 .500 imo winnable games JV game will be someting to watch. Still I got Tigers going 2-1 dream and wish, really need to go 3-0. Well could happen, from a fan viewpoint either keep wishing or turn off the TV. Season over no since watching. As long as there a chance, watching.
As for the cubs game the grand slam was great. Too bad that was the only inning the offence showed up, but the pitching giving up 6 runs has to be just as bad. Team needs to learn and grow from this. Need to treat this time as a pennant run!

You worry about Minny but the Indians are still ahead of us. They suck and yet we're still in 3rd.

I don't see the Tigers repeating a surge like the Mets did in 1973.

They were actually a good team that underperformed until August-September when they went 37-22.

Back