Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

State of the Tigers

The thing that makes me think he's gone is the fact during the deadline he asked for another year at 20m to go to LA. If LA said yes he'd be there right now. My guess is he'll get a LT deal at 25m/yr. Minimum.

The problem with keeping him is lets say within the next two years Tigers are still sellers at the deadline is he tradable? He's flaky asf.

I'm pretty sure that $20M figure was add a year at $20M and he wouldn't opt out. That's why said add $25M.

I agree that he is flaky as F...that is the only reason I would be hesitant. His track record as being flaky as F is the main reason I think he might not command $25M per year in FA. His reputation is out there now.

I'm pretty sure that $20M figure was add a year at $20M and he wouldn't opt out. That's why said add $25M.

I agree that he is flaky as F...that is the only reason I would be hesitant. His track record as being flaky as F is the main reason I think he might not command $25M per year in FA. His reputation is out there now.
My point was IMO his loving Detroit is a bunch of crud. Even if it's not $25m it'll be better than $16m. In the two years he's been here he's missed considerable time.

My point was IMO his loving Detroit is a bunch of crud. Even if it's not $25m it'll be better than $16m. In the two years he's been here he's missed considerable time.

gotcha.

I agree, I was just throwing out a hypothetical situation...and I am torn if I would even do it if I were the Tigers (add a year at $25M) due to as you put it so well, him being flaky as F :cheers:

What's done is done. Harris fucked up not moving ERod. Extending him would be an even bigger mistake. Fuck ERod

Here is my dream scenario for next season (this assumes that these players develop and EARN their promotions)

RF Greene
CF P Meadows
LF Malloy/Carpenter
1B Tork
2B Jung
SS Baez :( I don't see a viable alternative
3B Keith
C Rogers / Dingler
DH Malloy/Carpenter

E Rod
Skubal
Manning