Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The 2022 NFL Draft Thread

I'd like to see a LB at 46.

If we can somehow get Bailey Zappe on Saturday I'd be really happy. He's a statue in the pocket, but he has a solid arm and makes good reads. I feel he's a good developmental QB. Fuck Blough.

We totally fleeced the Vikings in that trade.
According the the Trade Value Chart

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp

12th pick - 1200 46th pick 440 Detroit's end 1640

32nd pick- 590 34th pick- 560 66th pick 260 Minnesota's end 1410

That's as one sided as you're ever going to see considering those values are often flipped when a team moves up 20 spots in the first round.

We totally fleeced the Vikings in that trade.
According the the Trade Value Chart

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp

12th pick - 1200 46th pick 440 Detroit's end 1640

32nd pick- 590 34th pick- 560 66th pick 260 Minnesota's end 1410

That's as one sided as you're ever going to see considering those values are often flipped when a team moves up 20 spots in the first round.

I don't like that trade chart because every draft is different. Some drafts are very top heavy and others have more value in the later half of the first and the second round.

The only way you can make an evaluation if the Lions fleeced MN is if Williams turns into a stud WR.

Cine from Georgia is a guy a lot of guys here really liked.

Williams needs to be > than Cine + Nakobe Dean, Booth Jr, or Christian Watson

If I'm building a team I would rather have Cine + Dean or Cine + Watson

I don't like that trade chart because every draft is different. Some drafts are very top heavy and others have more value in the later half of the first and the second round.

The only way you can make an evaluation if the Lions fleeced MN is if Williams turns into a stud WR.

Well you also have to factor in who you get at 46.

Is Williams + Brisker > Cline + Watson?

Well you also have to factor in who you get at 46.

Is Williams + Brisker > Cline + Watson?

true...and then add the guy that is picked at 66 to the Cine + Watson ;)

It's definitely a crap shoot. I just like the idea of having #32 & #34 when trying to build the foundation of a team.

Dean is sliding for a reason, he very well could be there at 46. Or Alabama's Christian Harris who's a a healthier Nakobe Dean could be there. Cline is a nice piece, but Minnesota passed on a potential hall of fame safety in Hamilton to take Cline.

Williams has a chance to be a perennial pro bowler at WR, if he hadn't have hurt his knee he'd have had a chance to go 4th overall to the Jets. ACLs aren't that big of a deal anymore and he's been running sprints and doing agility drills for a few weeks already. Says he intends to be ready for camp.

Getting the 46th pick back is what makes that trade a total fleecing. Lions are going to get 3 starters in the first 2 rounds. So really it's Williams and Say Christian Smith vs Cline and maybe Dean. That's a no brainer. And who we would have gotten at 66 is a crap shoot and not an automatic starter.

Between FA and the Williams pick, it feels like the Lions are still very much in the slow build phase, willing to sacrifice some wins in 2022 for a stronger 2023 and beyond.

He will likely not see action in early games, will need time to learn and get into games for more than a few snaps. But by 2023 he will likely be an emerging star.

They could have focused on D. Maybe taking who Eagles took at 13. Davis plus Hutch would have made it challenging for OLs to double both. Kinda feels like, for the moment, Hutch will draw doubles and when Williams is playing he will be doubled also. Both players will need support from elsewhere, but both will make the Team better even if it does not show up on their individual stats.

As long as they focus on D the rest of the draft, trading up to get Williams as the only O weapon makes sense. They need to get impact D players in R2 and R3 though. Ojabo is possible as his injury, like Williams, is causing him to slide down the board. If Lions are willing to wait for Williams they might similarly be willing to wait for Ojabo. If their strategy is to just reinforce the gains from 2021, this makes sense. Keep building in steady ways through 2022 then 2023 they can make jump into being a playoff team. I can respect the patience they are showing.

Between FA and the Williams pick, it feels like the Lions are still very much in the slow build phase, willing to sacrifice some wins in 2022 for a stronger 2023 and beyond.

He will likely not see action in early games, will need time to learn and get into games for more than a few snaps. But by 2023 he will likely be an emerging star.

They could have focused on D. Maybe taking who Eagles took at 13. Davis plus Hutch would have made it challenging for OLs to double both. Kinda feels like, for the moment, Hutch will draw doubles and when Williams is playing he will be doubled also. Both players will need support from elsewhere, but both will make the Team better even if it does not show up on their individual stats.

As long as they focus on D the rest of the draft, trading up to get Williams as the only O weapon makes sense. They need to get impact D players in R2 and R3 though. Ojabo is possible as his injury, like Williams, is causing him to slide down the board. If Lions are willing to wait for Williams they might similarly be willing to wait for Ojabo. If their strategy is to just reinforce the gains from 2021, this makes sense. Keep building in steady ways through 2022 then 2023 they can make jump into being a playoff team. I can respect the patience they are showing.

ACL is no big deal. Achilles is still a catastrophic injury. LB at 46 makes sense, or CB if no LB is there. Not many safeties worth the 46th pick and the Lions did add a starting safety in free agency.

I feel weird for saying this, but as much as I want defense here I wouldn?t necessarily hate a Malik Willis pick if he somehow fell to 46.

I feel weird for saying this, but as much as I want defense here I wouldn?t necessarily hate a Malik Willis pick if he somehow fell to 46.

Yeah kind of agree. Like he might be the legit best prospect, unless like Dean falls.

The offense would be in place for him (sans re-signing Chark if he does well)

But don't move up for him

I really love how Holmes executed that trade. Now if Williams is an injury bust well then that's a different story, but he only lost pick 66

Dean is sliding for a reason, he very well could be there at 46. Or Alabama's Christian Harris who's a a healthier Nakobe Dean could be there. Cline is a nice piece, but Minnesota passed on a potential hall of fame safety in Hamilton to take Cline.

Williams has a chance to be a perennial pro bowler at WR, if he hadn't have hurt his knee he'd have had a chance to go 4th overall to the Jets. ACLs aren't that big of a deal anymore and he's been running sprints and doing agility drills for a few weeks already. Says he intends to be ready for camp.

Getting the 46th pick back is what makes that trade a total fleecing. Lions are going to get 3 starters in the first 2 rounds. So really it's Williams and Say Christian Smith vs Cline and maybe Dean. That's a no brainer. And who we would have gotten at 66 is a crap shoot and not an automatic starter.

Cause he has a small frame for a mlb and mlb isn't where the value is at this draft. Too many highly graded WR, CB and OL. Difference between Dean and a LB in rd 3 isn't much.

Last edited:
Now what?s going on with the whole pick that Stafford winning the Super Bowl caused to go from #20 to #32, or whatever, that caused that whole hullabaloo and brouhaha?

Cause he has a small frame for a mlb and mlb isn't where the value is at this draft. Too many highly graded WR, CB and OL. Do of between Dean and a LB in rd 3 isn't much.

Dean also had a knee injury that kept him from working out at the combine. Also tore a labrum in his shoulder last year.

I'm a Christian Harris fan at 46. He's a longer and faster version of Dean. He has some warts too, but I believe the upside is greater.

Pick 46 and 97 who do you want.

Trade down for any of them?

Dean or Brisker if falls

Logan Hall, Chad Muma, Troy Anderson, Kerby Joseph wouldn't be bad at 46 either.

Willis/Corral get intriguing then though too at 46

97 Perrion Winfrey DL, Nick Cross S, Channing Tindall LB or a TE2

Pick 46 and 97 who do you want.

Trade down for any of them?

Dean or Brisker if falls

Logan Hall, Chad Muma, Troy Anderson, Kerby Joseph wouldn't be bad at 46 either.

Willis/Corral get intriguing then though too at 46

97 Perrion Winfrey DL, Nick Cross S, Channing Tindall LB or a TE2

Im a big fan of Channing Tindall. He flies to the ball...would be a great 2 down OLB in our defense. When i watched Georgia games it was Quay Walker or Tindall making all the plays with their speed. Im almost ok with reaching for him with our 2nd rd pick if guys like Harris, Dean or top Safeties are already off the board. Get that LB need checked off the list.

Last edited:
Im a big fan of Channing Tindall. He flies to the ball...would be a great 2 down OLB in our defense. When i watched Georgia games it was Quay Walker or Tindall making all the plays with their speed. Im almost ok with reaching for him with our 2nd rd pick if guys like Harris, Dean or top Safeties are already off the board. Get that LB need checked off the list.

Dane Brugler of the Athletic did a round 2-3 mock after last night and actually has Tindall going to the Lions at #97. I would be thrilled with that.

Back