Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official BigTen Cha][V][pionship Ga][V][e Thread

Good job adjusting but let?s not start the next game that flar

Cannot allow these other teams any door

Should absolutely be:

1. UM
2. Bama
3. Cincy
4. Georgia (though maybe ND has a small chance)

This moves teams up and down correctly while removing the first round Bama - Georgia rematch. Personally though, I would rather ND or Baylor be #4... Georgia blew their shot.

I've been thinking about this. Maybe it would be better if Michigan were not moved up to #1. Leave that chip on their shoulder and motivate them with something more to prove. I think this team can win the NC.

I've been thinking about this. Maybe it would be better if Michigan were not moved up to #1. Leave that chip on their shoulder and motivate them with something more to prove. I think this team can win the NC.

If Cincinnati stays 4... id rather be 1.

Absolutely agree. While I think UM should have been #1, them being jumped by Bama gives them a motivational chip.

I also think there is that bias vs a team unranked before the season.

That said, all the SEC bias plays into this as Bama supposedly has a better SoS... despite the obvious that the SEC is not as strong as in prior years.

UM is in perfect position to win the NC.

All the talk is about Cincy being first Group of 5 team in the Playoff...

... but UM is first to begin season unranked. They have steadily climbed the mountain and are two steps from the top.

UM got 9 first place votes by the AP and 5 in the coaches poll. Bama did have the higher strength of record because they "beat No 1" but I feel like this year's Georgia is the equivalent of Clemson 2 years ago.

Interesting to me that I just heard a comment about how "This isn't a great matchup for Michigan because they like to run the ball". I sure as shit hope Georgia has that same mindset because Michigan has quietly become a really friggin good passing team.

UM got 9 first place votes by the AP and 5 in the coaches poll. Bama did have the higher strength of record because they "beat No 1" but I feel like this year's Georgia is the equivalent of Clemson 2 years ago.

Interesting to me that I just heard a comment about how "This isn't a great matchup for Michigan because they like to run the ball". I sure as shit hope Georgia has that same mindset because Michigan has quietly become a really friggin good passing team.

Decent at times, but I know you watched the 2nd quarter last night.

Decent at times, but I know you watched the 2nd quarter last night.

Much of that had to do with Iowa pinning UM inside the 10 with incredible frequency. The one on the 3 was a bad decision by Henning of course, but that was Iowa's game plan and UM fought them to a stalemate in their own game.

Opponents will at times have the advantage of playing their style, counting on their strengths to gain advantages and capitalize. The fact UM basically stalemate them during their time of playing their way is why UM held them to 3 points.

They patiently worked the problem, didn't get nervous, didn't try to do too much, played with confidence and never let Iowa's advantage become a problem for them.

That is incredible leadership, teamwork, and coaching. One should never be measured by how they perform when things are going well, but by how they perform when things are going poorly. UM aced that part of the test, thereby getting in Iowa's head that when things went their way, they were unable to score points.

Back