Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official Defensive Coordinator search thread

b311j

Per multiple sources, Don Brown is gone.

On to the search.

Got to believe, IF Harbaugh is coming back next year, Derek Mason is a top 3 candidate in Jim's eyes.

Got to believe, IF Harbaugh is coming back next year, Derek Mason is a top 3 candidate in Jim's eyes.

I would think he'd have to be comming back next year or they wouldnt have fired brown? If Harbaugh was gone wouldnt they just assume the entire staff would be?

Are we going to have a new thread for every assistant that goes down?

People have been calling for Don Brown's head for 2+ seasons. I don't see the harm in it getting it's own thread.

:shrug:Considering what OSU has done to Michigan defenses the last few years I thought this one may be worthy of its own thread :shrug:

Well, I hope you are all happy now that you got poor Don Brown fired. The DC is a pretty important position to fill. I think it is worth its own thread. So, who are the prospective new DCs besides Derek Mason?

People have been calling for Don Brown's head for 2+ seasons. I don't see the harm in it getting it's own thread.

That’s what John Hammond said when he created Jurassic Park.

You’d think by the fifth or sixth or seventh time around - however many movies are in that franchise - someone would have said “PEOPLE - THIS IS NOT A GOOD IDEA!”

Last edited:
Well, I hope you are all happy now that you got poor Don Brown fired. The DC is a pretty important position to fill. I think it is worth its own thread. So, who are the prospective new DCs besides Derek Mason?

No one is happy that Brown was fired. It indicated that he was not getting the results expected of the defenses he designed and implemented.

No one is happy that Brown was fired. It indicated that he was not getting the results expected of the defenses he designed and implemented.

There are actually two questions addressed in the post you quoted ? one is ?are we happy?? And the other is, ?does the topic deserves it?s own thread??

I think a third question exists, which is actually, ?are we happy now that the topic in fact has its own thread??

There are actually two questions addressed in the post you quoted ? one is ?are we happy?? And the other is, ?does the topic deserves it?s own thread??

I think a third question exists, which is actually, ?are we happy now that the topic in fact has its own thread??

And when the new DC is hired, will that topic get it's (sic) own thread?

And when the new DC is hired, will that topic get it's (sic) own thread?

Here?s what I?m thinking - the title of the thread is about the new DC, but in the OP we actually see Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard doing that thing they do with the dinosaurs (man ? do dinosaurs seem to make their way into the themes around here, or what?).

Then all of a sudden, maybe five or six posts into the thread, Samuel L Jackson enters and declares ?PEOPLE ? THIS IS NOT A GOOD IDEA!?

Damn y'all. I just thought it would be easier to have single thread going for all of the DC talk rather than having a new thread pop up for each possible candidate like I see happening over at MGBlog. My apologies. I will put myself on an internet timeout.

{goes to sulk in the corner}

Last edited:
Damn y'all. I just thought it would be easier to have single thread going for all of the DC talk rather than having a new thread pop up for each possible candidate like I see happening over at MGBlog. My apologies. I will put myself on an internet timeout.

{goes to sulk in the corner}

I don?t know what you?re talking about - I think this a great thread.

And I think I?ve made significant, poignant and prescient contributions to it.

Does every topic need a new thread? What about one thread for all topics? Then, we can only need to go to one thread.

Does every topic need a new thread? What about one thread for all topics? Then, we can only need to go to one thread.

What I think it is, if every post got its own thread, that would be too many threads.

But if there was only one thread for every post, I think that would be too few threads.

So what I think is, somewhere in between.

Sorry, I forgot to click on the sarcasm button for the first part of my post. I haven't been a fan of Brown's for at least three years. As others have said, he beats up on the weak opponents but when a good opponent comes in his defense give up big plays and gets exposed. I am glad that the program is moving on.

Im confused...when we hire a new DC, thats when im supposed to say who my favorite dinosaur is?

And i do that in this thread or wait for a new one to be made?

Back