Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official Defensive Coordinator search thread

PS...We obviously lost way too much talent this year on the defensive side of the ball. His scheme works when your front 7 is good enough to create pressure. Hutchinson, Paye and McGrone injuries and the young DBs had no chance on their "islands". He deserved to be fired not just because of the talent level this year....but i dont see much talent in the front 7 next year either. Recruiting went downhill after Mattison left and we didnt have the "i coached Ray Lewis speech anymore."

That?s what John Hammond said when he created Jurassic Park.

You?d think by the fifth or sixth or seventh time around - however many movies are in that franchise - someone would have said ?PEOPLE - THIS IS NOT A GOOD IDEA!?

Yeah but then wed only have one, maybe 2 Jurassic Park movies. Which, I think that is all I've seen.

PS...We obviously lost way too much talent this year on the defensive side of the ball. His scheme works when your front 7 is good enough to create pressure. Hutchinson, Paye and McGrone injuries and the young DBs had no chance on their "islands". He deserved to be fired not just because of the talent level this year....but i dont see much talent in the front 7 next year either. Recruiting went downhill after Mattison left and we didnt have the "i coached Ray Lewis speech anymore."

What is weird is it feels like Jim ran Mattison and Washington off. I just don?t get not trying o keep Mattison. I still don?t understand why he was not retained.

Maybe they can get Mattison to come back and bring the Ohio State offensive playbook with him! Was this Jimmy's plan all along? Brilliant!!

I didn't say it wasn't worth its own thread...

See here’s what I think… If a person has an idea on a certain topic… And there’s already a threat about that topic… Instead of posting a new thread about that same topic, the person should post on the thread about that topic that’s already there, instead.

On the other hand, if a person has an idea on a topic and there’s no thread about that topic, then instead of posting about that topic on a thread that’s not about that topic, the person should post a new thread about that topic instead.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pvS4MVNgAB4

Now, what I don’t go in for is posting stupid shit that’s not about anything, like shit about Sharknado, or Dinosaur Park, or Indiana Jones, or Samuel L. Jackson - posting shit about shit like that shit is just a dick move.

Last edited:

They did lose a lot of talent. It is still no excuse to lose to MSU or to barely Rutgers or to lose some of the games the way they did.

They are now saying the Muschamp thing isn't a thing

Maybe he is just a possibility.

Hutchinson dumb to come back. That defense is going to be bad next year even if bellicheck gets hired as our DC.

Sources: Auburn is hiring former Vanderbilt head coach Derek Mason as its defensive coordinator. Should be finalized in the near future.

Multiple schools had been pursuing him for defensive coordinator jobs. Auburn is the one to ultimately land him. https://t.co/LqbofHJreW

— Matt Zenitz (@mzenitz) January 7, 2021

Last edited:
As the administrators at the University of Michigan do nothing and are held hostage by Harbaugh who is wanting to go to the NFL and using Michigan as a back-up plan...

The great news is that he has zero recruiting experience to go along with zero defensive coordinator experience. On paper it doesn't look it, but hoping he ends up a
tenor.gif

Last edited:
The great news is that he has zero recruiting experience to go along with zero defensive coordinator experience. On paper it doesn't look it, but hoping he ends up a
tenor.gif

Yeah, that isn't ideal, but Juwan Howard didn't have any recruiting experience or head coaching experience.

It's just one example, but I'm trying to keep my hopes up. It can't really be any worse than where we were, right?

read on 247 that he was a grad assistant for UGA and did some recruiting work there.

Back