Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official Defensive Coordinator search thread

I'm liking the hire. The guy is a little green in terms of being a DC obviously, but I think that his NFL knowledge is precisely what helps this situation. Come to UM and be coached up by a person who understands how an NFL defense works and the expectations and requirements of each position in the NFL. Right now, it is really all about the talent gap more than scheme. If he can bring in high ranking D recruits he can close that gap and whatever scheme used will have greater success than allowing 60+ points vs OSU.

The 2022 class has potential still of bringing in more talent on D than they have had since the first 3 years with Harbaugh when Mattison was DC. Brown just could not convince the high ranking D players to come to UM.

This guy helped hold Titan's Henry to 40 yards on 18 carries. Say anything you want about the Titans sucking, holding Henry to that is very impressive IMO. Sure it was more than just the Linebackers, but you know he is heavily influenced by the Ravens DC and strong D mindset. Bring a more youthful environment to connect with the players better and this could be a great hire.

Now that the Ravens lost, this process might move along a little faster.

Hopefully, Macdonald gets in and gets all of the assistant coaches hired and the program can focus on moving forward soon.

Last edited:
It's official

Mike Macdonald is the new DC

Last edited:
I am all for anything that will win some games. A lot of them please!

Seems pretty underwhelming. Hoping for the best.

Back