Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official Maryland vs ][V][ichigan Game Thread

I just got done watching this and this team is in deep deep shit. The defense is awful. They need to find pass rushers and linebackers that can fucking plug the hole and make a tackle. Missed tackles all over. Maryland converts a 3rd and 21 with a back up qb running for 23yds. Yeah not a good look. McCarthy was a deer in the headlights with receivers covered. Why the fuck is he not running for the 1st down? He keeps looking for the crazy big play running around and finding someone wide open. Well, that's nice and good, but when everyone looks as though they are running in concrete shoes, you need to get on your horse and get the fuck out of dodge. Disappointed in this team right now. Coaches better run a getting off your blocks drill, cuz that was a terrible defensive performance. Better figure it out or we lose next week to Iowa and get trucked by Penn St, MSU, and obliterated by Ohio St.

By the way, I called the fumble by Stokes. I fucking knew it was going to happen. As soon as Corum came out for a blow, I was like, do not give this dude the ball, pass it. That fumble changed the whole game in my opinion.

They got the dub, which really is the main thing. But yeah they didn't look great except for Corum. I'm a glass half full guy, so hopefully this game will serve as a wake up call to the team.

Generally I don't agree with the announcers, but in this case I do believe that Michigan has to deep six the 2 offensive Coordinators. Just pick one and roll with him.

Last edited:
They got the dub, which really is the main thing. But yeah they didn't look great except for Corum. I'm a glass half full guy, so hopefully this game will serve as a wake up call to the team.

Generally I don't agree with the announcers, but in this case I do believe that Michigan has to deep six the 2 offensive Coordinators. Just pick one and roll with him.

I agree ????

I just got done watching this and this team is in deep deep shit. The defense is awful. They need to find pass rushers and linebackers that can fucking plug the hole and make a tackle. Missed tackles all over. Maryland converts a 3rd and 21 with a back up qb running for 23yds. Yeah not a good look. McCarthy was a deer in the headlights with receivers covered. Why the fuck is he not running for the 1st down? He keeps looking for the crazy big play running around and finding someone wide open. Well, that's nice and good, but when everyone looks as though they are running in concrete shoes, you need to get on your horse and get the fuck out of dodge. Disappointed in this team right now. Coaches better run a getting off your blocks drill, cuz that was a terrible defensive performance. Better figure it out or we lose next week to Iowa and get trucked by Penn St, MSU, and obliterated by Ohio St.

By the way, I called the fumble by Stokes. I fucking knew it was going to happen. As soon as Corum came out for a blow, I was like, do not give this dude the ball, pass it. That fumble changed the whole game in my opinion.

I share the concern, especially for the D. I think they beat Iowa. Not because they are so much better than Iowa, but because Iowa's offense is terrible. Iowa has a very good defense. I think Michigan wins because they have a better offense than Iowa, and I think the defense will be able to handle the Iowa offense. Who knows about MSU (not looking so good), PSU, and OSU. One game at a time.

9/25/21
Michigan 20-13 win over Rutgers in the home big ten opener. Up 20-3 at half. Not sure which team is better. This team or that team. We know how that team finished. We know JJ?s potential. He had a couple of great throws. A lot of over throws and really poor play calling on some downs. Blake saved the day. Great vision on most Carry?s. The defense did not tackle well at all. They were better in the 2nd half until the last drives.
Red zone play calling must improve.

We are very thin at running back. Not sure how that happens at Michigan. I?m underwhelmed at our great wr room. Hopefully as the season goes they get better . Defense is a issue when the best player on the field today played offense last season :/

Iowa has found some offense in the last 2 games. First road game for JJ.

Last edited:
JJ's "bad" days and he's at 70% completion percentage. When the opposing defense sells out on stopping the pass by dropping 7-8 guys into coverage all day. Y'all gotta chill out. The phenom with all the pressure of the Michigan fan base on him, in his second start, and in the face of 8 man coverages didn't throw an interception and only made 1-2 dangerous throws the entire game. He is years ahead of schedule in reading coverages and going through progressions and that is not something anyone expected to see from him at this point.

On the defense, the pass rush and tackling need to improve. I think the secondary is actually in a better place than they were last year with 3 legitimately good corners and the safeties are very good as well, but nobody can cover for 5 seconds.

some guy posted that we were also missing one of our starting OGs yesterday.

Back