Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official Minnesota vs ][V][ichigan "Battle for the LBJ" Game Thread

I love how JH puts the focus on the players in the post game speech. Especially when he grabbed Will Johnson & Keon Sabb, guys that don?t normally get the post game interview and they did great interviews too.
So classy

Some interesting stats from last night.

Minnesota did not complete a single pass in the second half, so Michigan had 1 interceptions in the second half than allowed completions.

Michigan had 64 yards on interception returns vs Minnesota's 52 yards passing.

Minnesota averaged 5.9 ypc in the first quarter and 2.1 ypc the final 3 quarters.

Our defense had allowed 0 pts in 6 3rd Quarters so far this season, while scoring two TDs on pick 6's.

And we're now #1 in Sagarin's rankings and as of now would be favored against every team remaining on our schedule, although being @Penn State, that would be very close.

PJ Fleck post-game presser. "Best team I have seen in my 11 years as a head coach."

https://www.youtube.com/live/FuJNyEwx_ro?si=4fj9DHcUYDZnf0CD

PJ seemed a little shell-shocked at times. I only watched the first few minutes though, so I'm not sure what else he talked about.

The "this is on me" from coaches sometimes sounds ridiculous. I know it's better than blaming players, or throwing assistants under the bus, but I don't think there was much Minnesota could've done to win this game even if Fleck had coached better. I don't even think Minn could play much better than they did; they were just over-matched at every position, especially QB.

I thought Matt Ruhle's subdued demeanor came off a lot better than Fleck trying to maintain his "High Energy Guy" routine after getting beat 52-10. But Fleck didn't say anything bad. Not much to say after a game like that.

Here's Harbaugh's post-game presser (it's a lot shorter, so I'm not sure it's the whole thing): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4B5LIPTW-g

I thought they'd have it posted on MGoBlue.com, but I only found it on youtube. It looks like even the BTN just links to youtube for their videos.

Back