Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official PSU vs ][V][ichigan Game Thread

Love the win, Im pumped. My issue was with the play calling in the 2nd half. I felt Moore was playing not to lose and playing Penn St.'s game. We have an excellent short pass game and it wasnt used......at all. A couple of those 3rd and shorts we missed on are still bugging me. Never went for the kill and it almost cost the team. Also, was it just me or could you call every Penn St play? Almost everyone. I even knew when Allar was going to run, before he knew it. Penn St should of had zero fucking points. I attribute most of PSUs success to a massive amount of holding. I dont think ive seen that many bear hugs in a game in my entire life. None were called. When I thought one was going to be called for McGregor(bear hugged),'it was a hands to the face on Goode. Love the win, but we need Jim Harbaugh on the sideline.

yeah, we played not to lose, but that was okay because Penn St. was playing to lose.

their playcalling was even worse considering they were behind most of the game

yeah, we played not to lose, but that was okay because Penn St. was playing to lose.

their playcalling was even worse considering they were behind most of the game

Especially the 2 runs to start their drive down 24-9. Stuuupid!

Did anyone else notice the clock not stopping after a PSU 1st down(last drive) and when their receiver ran out of bounds? Really weird

Man, between Corum's eye is hamburger. He'll need some stitches. That's some hockey shit, right there.

Pretty early on the coaches saw that PSUs qb was horse shit and Franklin was a bone head. They put it in cruise control for the last 3 qtrs cause they knew they could. Beat a top 10 team with 0 passes in the second half. I really wanted to win by 50 and see Franklin fired... but this was almost as good.

They won by 2 scores without showing OSU anything. My only concern is pass pro. That's the only weakness with this team.

Sherrone goes Eddie Brinkman. It was shocking in 1972. It should still be so in 2023, but it isn't.

I missed the first couple possessions of the game. Was the hit on Corum bad? I heard them talking about it, but haven't found any clips. Should it have been a personal foul?

I have seen a couple of Michigan-aligned press refer to the last PSU TD as "garbage time". I really get annoyed with people like that. They've spent the last 3 weeks bitching about reporting with bias and then say that a TD that with a successful PAT makes it a 1 score game is "garbage time". Sure once the 2 point conversion was no good and the onside failed it was pretty much game over, but if they get the 2 then that's a game that's still in question.

I have seen a couple of Michigan-aligned press refer to the last PSU TD as "garbage time". I really get annoyed with people like that. They've spent the last 3 weeks bitching about reporting with bias and then say that a TD that with a successful PAT makes it a 1 score game is "garbage time". Sure once the 2 point conversion was no good and the onside failed it was pretty much game over, but if they get the 2 then that's a game that's still in question.
You might not like but it was still garbage time, made kick or not. They would've needed a on-side kick . . and their offense blows.

I?ll say this. I watch the both penn state games. Ours and Ohio states. I believe we got penn states better punch. It was an absolute must win home game since they already lost to ohio. Their back was against the wall for sure

This win will go down in the history of Michigan football. The haters took away the head coach, tried to distract Blake by tying him to some sort of business dealings with Stalions. Michigan won anyway! This team is just that good. GO BLUE! Now on to Maryland for another win and then "welcome" Ohio to the Big House!

This win will go down in the history of Michigan football. The haters took away the head coach, tried to distract Blake by tying him to some sort of business dealings with Stalions. Michigan won anyway! This team is just that good. GO BLUE! Now on to Maryland for another win and then "welcome" Ohio to the Big House!

It also should shut the haters up (but it won't because they're rock bottom stupid).

Even if you think the sign stealing thing was a material advantage, this is the third game we've played since it came out and we've beaten the shit out of every one of those opponents, while dealing with possibly the biggest distraction a team could face in terms of having their head coach barred from the sideline less than 24 hours before kickoff.

If the situation was reversed, and Penn State beat us at home with Franklin getting suspended on the flight to Michigan, I'd be making a 24/7 profile so I could congratulate Penn St fans on that win.

The haters are too pathetic for that though. They're quiet when we win, and really loud once we finally lose

From what I?m witnessing, buckeyes are all howling now about our lack of passing game. But the way I see it, they have to whoop it up now because they won?t be whooping anything up after the game

From what I?m witnessing, buckeyes are all howling now about our lack of passing game. But the way I see it, they have to whoop it up now because they won?t be whooping anything up after the game

they're becoming MSU fans.

or alternatively, OSU fans are just MSU fans but with actual program tradition and a non-embarrassing record

Penn St. just fired their OC today. Damn... we broke them.

Their playcalling was atrocious, but their defense let them down too by giving up big runs, especially Corum's last TD. Their safety looked like he didn't want to be in the game

Where are all the uofm posters who were making fun of Ryan Day for his exuberant reaction to beating ND? I don't see any comments about Sherrone Moore crying like a little girl and dropping multiple curse words including f bombs on camera...

Sob, sob?? coach harbaugh - I love you man? sniffle, sob??I love the shit out of you.? Um, gross. Maybe keep that between you and Jim?

https://youtu.be/oncYF4mpuwM?si=SvV3OFBkF_JdWqeW

Granted 3 or 4 of the regular posters were probably crying too, and they?re probably the people making fun of Ryan Day so I kind of expect them to defend Sherrone for crying like a little sissy and swearing on a broadcast watched families with their children.

Edit: just went back and read some of them - pretty much exactly what I expected...

Last edited:
^^^^^^^If Moore had thrown rocks at the B1G ADs, coaches and the commissioner for suspending JH at the last minute you might have a case. Otherwise, continue to pound sand. ^^^^^

Last edited:
^^^^^^^If Moore had thrown rocks at the B1G ADs, coaches and the commissioner for suspending JH at the last minute you might have a case. Otherwise, continue to pound sand. ^^^^^

go back and read the comments about Ryan Day's post game interview, then read the comments about Moore's. They make the case all by themselves.

Back