Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official TCU vs ][V][ichigan Game Thread CFP Semifinal Edition

They will never win another national championship in my lifetime. It wouldn't matter if I lived for 100 more years. 1997 is the one and last for me. At least I saw one.

Who knows?

Anyway, when the sting goes away in a bit, maybe in a few days, I?m going to go online to the Mden and get myself a ?back to back big 10 champions? T-shirt.

It?s not the natty, but it?s something.

This was the wrong game to look so unprepared and uninspired in the first half. And be forced to play catch-up the entire second. And the final series was anything but championship worthy. Championship teams do not perform like Michigan did today. A shattering end to the season.

Some are saying "what a great game". "Instant Classic" all the familiar platitudes ... I find no solace in the so-called drama of this game, which was utterly unnecessary, and caused entirely by Michigan's ineptitude at critical points of the game. Perhaps the most disappointing Michigan loss in my 57 years of supporting this program. This was wrapped in a bow and hand-delivered to TCU, taking nothing away from them.

I suppose people with no rooting interest might have seen it that way.

I thought Michigan was going to pull it out right up until they didn?t.

Who knows?

Anyway, when the sting goes away in a bit, maybe in a few days, I?m going to go online to the Mden and get myself a ?back to back big 10 champions? T-shirt.

It?s not the natty, but it?s something.

I just bought it.

Hell with it.

It?s the best it?s been for 20 years.

I hadn't refreshed the page before posting so I hadn't seen about 4 pages of posts.

Also, I have never seen that movie so I would not get the reference.

Sure you would.

You don?t have to have seen it.

It?s the Bride of Frankenstein.

That was the B1G in the playoffs last night.

That was Ohio State and Michigan.

We belong dead.

When you score 45 points, you shouldn't lose by six. This game was a cavalcade of comedic errors and mistakes culminating in a mismanaged clock and a keystone-cops display of confusion that capped an otherwise incredible season. The stink of this game will linger.

When you score 45 points, you shouldn't lose by six. This game was a cavalcade of comedic errors and mistakes culminating in a mismanaged clock and a keystone-cops display of confusion that capped an otherwise incredible season. The stink of this game will linger.

I could not have said it better myself.

The way this otherwise incredible season ended is going to sting for a while.

But the back to back B1G championship t I just bought will probably last longer than the sting.

Plus we have November 25th to look forward to.

Another chance to smack smug faced Ryan Day right in his smug face.

Go Blue.

Always and forever.

Michigan was so poorly coached it wasn?t even funny. So out coached by TCU. Dumbasses have zero clue how to run a 2 minute drill. Don Brown was reincarnated in Minters body yesterday. There is no reason to blitz that many times. Burned over and over.

Last edited:
Michigan was so poorly coached it wasn?t even funny. So out coached by TCU. Dumbasses have zero clue how to run a 2 minute drill. Don Brown was reincarnated in Minters body yesterday. There is no reason to blitz that many times. Burned over and over.

Yah.

It stings, Bob.

A basketball game starts in about half an hour.

And the Lions just won.

But it stings.

that fucking sucked

Yeah.

The Rose Parade pre-events are on every TV Station on my broadcast channels.

It ain?t like I I never seen Michigan lose a bowl game before in my life.

It?ll prolly happen again, which is good, because every bowl game I see Michigan lose means I survived another year.

But yeah, it fuckin? sucks.

EDIT: I?ve told you this story before. When I was a sophomore, or a junior, or a senior in high school, I went to the library at Pioneer high after Christmas time break. Not unusually, Michigan has just lost a Rose Bowl, that Claire Canham had probably gone to. I brought the loss up to her, and she smiled and said ?well, if that?s your worst problem??

Last edited:
It?s a joke how bad Michigan is in bowl games. Loss after loss after loss. Star qb popping off on how they are going to run all over the 3x3x5 defense. Nice bulletin board Material JJ. You could see durning and after the game how TCU took it personal. Stupid play calling on both offense and defense. Michigan will never get a better path for a chance at a championship game and Jim and his staff blew it. We never attack the middle of the field and run a horrible 2 minute drill. Our wr are not elite and we are thin at running back. Novel concept Jimmy. Run a qb sneak at the half yard line. If 45 year old Brady can do so can JJ. That last drive was a Abomination to all 2 minutes drills run before it. TCU was guarding the out of bounds. Get a few first downs over the middle. JJ makes so many good decisions followed by so many poor ones. He throws in coverage to much. He doesn?t take off and run when he should. It is so frustrating to watch such piss poor game planning. Running a Philadelphia special on 4th and 2. And minter. Wtf are you Doing blitzing so many times ? The team wasn?t tackling well and yet they were getting some stops in base defense formations, and blitzing every now and then. That 3rd 7 blitz left the linebacker exposed. So frustrating.

Last edited:
I think the TCU gameplan was clear. Stop the run and make JJ beat you with his arm. JJ had been throwing into tight coverage all season and getting away with it. I think TCU saw that in the film and planned to exploit it. The two pick 6s were killers. I think TCU played a smart game in building a big lead by the half and forcing Michigan to play catch up, which they almost did. There sure didn't seem to be much urgency on the last two possessions. JJ should have been prepared to run more. He was successful when he tucked it and ran. He sure doesn't know how to throw it out of bounds when nothing is open. Took a lot of time to score on the second from last possession and then that God awful "2 minute drill" was laughable. Still hurting over the loss, but I believe that Michigan will be back again next year for a 3rd in a row B1G Championship and another shot at the NC. GO BLUE!

Last edited:
Those two pick sixes were terrible. The first was a really good play by the DB but a poor decision by JJ. That pass really had no chance to be completed. The second was just a terrible decision by JJ. He threw the ball directly to the defender.

Those two pick sixes were terrible. The first was a really good play by the DB but a poor decision by JJ. That pass really had no chance to be completed. The second was just a terrible decision by JJ. He threw the ball directly to the defender.

We were WAY too cocky coming into this game.

saw an interview the kid did, bragging that if TCU came out in the 3-3-5, we'd run all over them.

And Harbaugh... coming out to media day with The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald as his walk up song? WTF was he thinking?

Hey, let's have our theme be another Michigan icon thought to be unsinkable... and what happened in a dangerous - but survivable - storm...

We need like a team witch doctor or poet laureate or something to guide them through these things.

On a slightly related note: unlike probably 99.9% of our fanbase, I wanted OSU to win. Since we stomped them, he had nothing left to prove... and if OSU went on to win it all, the narrative would be "hey the Big Ten was pretty good, but it just wasn't Michigan's day."

instead of ... "Ha ha, both Big Ten teams lost."

both games could've obviously turned out very differently, but no one remembers that.

We were WAY too cocky coming into this game.

saw an interview the kid did, bragging that if TCU came out in the 3-3-5, we'd run all over them.

And Harbaugh... coming out to media day with The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald as his walk up song? WTF was he thinking?

Hey, let's have our theme be another Michigan icon thought to be unsinkable... and what happened in a dangerous - but survivable - storm...

We need like a team witch doctor or poet laureate or something to guide them through these things.

On a slightly related note: unlike probably 99.9% of our fanbase, I wanted OSU to win. Since we stomped them, he had nothing left to prove... and if OSU went on to win it all, the narrative would be "hey the Big Ten was pretty good, but it just wasn't Michigan's day."

instead of ... "Ha ha, both Big Ten teams lost."

both games could've obviously turned out very differently, but no one remembers that.

I was rooting for both teams as well.

I was rooting for every big 10 team like I always do, but I wasn?t heartbroken over the osu loss. At the end of the day, Michigan shit the bed in every way a team could possibly shit the bed. From top to bottom. They better team lost. Man I wanted to see that Georgia rematch

I was rooting for both teams as well.

me too. School, state, conference (except maybe the expansion teams) in that order.

OSU was less disappointing to me as my god daughter is currently finishing her degree at Georgia (her little brother is a senior at OSU). I was happy for her to get a shot at a second NC during her time in Athens.

Edit: State I grew up in, not the state I currently live in - I don't even consider Rutgers to be a B1G team.

Last edited:
Back