Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official THE GA][V][E Game Thread 2022 Edition

The happy drunk is the best drunk.

This was the best day I can remember in years. I want to try and maybe explain things to MSU fans who don't understand why we take this game so much more seriously than the Michigan State game. I can totally understand their grievance with this. The best way I can try to go about it is to just give my own personal perspective.

This game is just so deeply rooted in history and hatred. I really think that it defines many family relationships moreso than Michigan vs MSU. The relationship I have with my father is so heavily influenced by it. I did not grow up listening to tales of Michigan triumphantly beating the dastardly Spartans....I grew up listening to stories of how Rick Leach overcame the bastard Buckeyes. How Woody Hayes was the spawn of Satan and how he punched a poor innocent Clemson player and pushed his car across state lines rather than paying for gas in the state of Michigan.

OSU used to be our one and only challenger of college football success (at least in the big ten) and to hear the tales as a kid about how those brave Michigan warriors overcame the evil Buckeyes just stuck with me forever as the most amazing feats of heroism. It doesn't matter how old you grow and how absurd that sort of metaphor may seem....the child in you hangs on to certain things.

I watched this game with my father today along with my brother. My father overcame prostate cancer this year. With how busy we all are these days nothing brings us together anymore quite like this game. I made plans a couple weeks ago to be certain we all watched it together. I watched as the clock grew closer to 0:00 and the smile on my father's face grow broader. For what time he has left in this world he was a truly happy man today to watch Michigan defeat OSU with his two sons. We are three proud Michigan alumni today.

This game has been a part of my family dynamic. It always will be. To beat Ohio State is one of the most wonderful things to bring together a father and son.

Go Blue forever and always.

Last edited:
Georgia
Michigan
TCU
USC
.... you got Alabama or Ohio state at 5? Crazy 2, 5, 8 and 9 all lost this week.

Last edited:
The happy drunk is the best drunk.

This was the best day I can remember in years. I want to try and maybe explain things to MSU fans who don't understand why we take this game so much more seriously than the Michigan State game. I can totally understand their grievance with this. The best way I can try to go about it is to just give my own personal perspective.

This game is just so deeply rooted in history and hatred. I really think that it defines many family relationships moreso than Michigan vs MSU. The relationship I have with my father is so heavily influenced by it. I did not grow up listening to tales of Michigan triumphantly beating the dastardly Spartans....I grew up listening to stories of how Rick Leach overcame the bastard Buckeyes. How Woody Hayes was the spawn of Satan and how he punched a poor innocent Clemson player and pushed his car across state lines rather than paying for gas in the state of Michigan.

OSU used to be our one and only challenger of college football success (at least in the big ten) and to hear the tales as a kid about how those brave Michigan warriors overcame the evil Buckeyes just stuck with me forever as the most amazing feats of heroism. It doesn't matter how old you grow and how absurd that sort of metaphor may seem....the child in you hangs on to certain things.

I watched this game with my father today along with my brother. My father overcame prostate cancer this year. With how busy we all are these days nothing brings us together anymore quite like this game. I made plans a couple weeks ago to be certain we all watched it together. I watched as the clock grew closer to 0:00 and the smile on my father's face grow broader. For what time he has left in this world he was a truly happy man today to watch Michigan defeat OSU with his two sons. We are three proud Michigan alumni today.

This game has been a part of my family dynamic. It always will be. To beat Ohio State is one of the most wonderful things to bring together a father and son.

Go Blue forever and always.

I couldn?t have said it better myself.

Go Blue. Forever and always.

Michigan. Forever and always.

I would have been crying all day if I hadn?t had virtually zero doubt that this would be the outcome.

The Buckeyes were going to ultimately remember being pushed all around the field a year ago.

I was home in Ann Arbor a year ago.

I didn?t go to The Game, but I felt and sensed the energy.

The pendulum had swung; the second hand had unwound.

I have been pretty confident what we saw today was going to happen.

The pendulum has swung; the second hand has unwound.

Go Blue.

Forever and always.

Go Blue.

Gotta give credit to minter. The entire first half it felt like Ohio state dictated and did whatever they wanted and drives only failed when they failed to execute ie drop passes etc. The second half was COMPLETELY different. Completely shut their offense down. I'm not sure anyone in the nation expected that.

Georgia
Michigan
TCU
USC
.... you got Alabama or Ohio state at 5? Crazy 2, 5, 8 and 9 all lost this week.

Championship week is set.

Michigan vs Purdue
Tcu vs Kansas state
Usc vs Utah

Ohio state and Alabama waiting for someone to fail.

Id love for tcu to win....I think we have our best chance of winning against them. Will be a tough game vs Kansas state.

Yesterday was beautiful. Had my parents and sister over to watch with my wife, son, and me. Everyone decked out in maize and blue and fervently rooting for Michigan. It's funny that this born and raised central Indiana family brings so much passion into The Game. It feels so good celebrating wins over OSU with them again!

My sis is Purdue alumni, so we'll be "enemies" this coming Saturday. The great thing is how many people called us immediately after our teams won and we're now turning next weekend into a big friend reunion. Sports, they can really be aMAIZEing!

Go Blue!

Last edited:
Watched the Game 3 times so far and would like everyone to know that big runs were to be had in 1st half, also. Stokes ran the wrong way thru the line and wouldve gone for 6. Kid doesnt have the vision yet. And I think it was Edwards who missed a gaping hole that couldve gone the distance and got tripped up on another. So, those holes were there and the coaches saw it.

Watched the Game 3 times so far and would like everyone to know that big runs were to be had in 1st half, also. Stokes ran the wrong way thru the line and wouldve gone for 6. Kid doesnt have the vision yet. And I think it was Edwards who missed a gaping hole that couldve gone the distance and got tripped up on another. So, those holes were there and the coaches saw it.

Stokes was a mess the week prior as well. Get that thumb healthy edwards. Dunlap should be rb2 if Corum can't go.

What surprised me the most was how OSU soldout to stop the run opening up the passing game that Michigan exploited to great effect, and then in the 4th quarter they couldn't stop the run at the line so when Edwards got through the hole the Oline opened up for him there was no one to stop him. It was beautiful man!!

What surprised me the most was how OSU soldout to stop the run opening up the passing game that Michigan exploited to great effect, and then in the 4th quarter they couldn't stop the run at the line so when Edwards got through the hole the Oline opened up for him there was no one to stop him. It was beautiful man!!

I think they expected their talent advantage would overcome any issues they had stopping one or the other. Like if they sold out on the run, maybe we could pass, but they didn't expect to get burned for 69 yard and 75 yard touchdowns.

And when we kept throwing it, they started to blitz more, and figured they could give up a couple big runs, but didn't expect a guy with a broken hand and who had like 4 yards/carry in the game up to that point to break off a 75 yard run.

I also wonder now how much Urban is "shadow coaching" them behind the scenes... his ominous "Ohio State WILL stop the run today" comment during the pre-game show is... ODD in hindsight.

LOL at him and them for being so dumb.

Just heard this stat

These are conference stats.
Osu is in the top 2 on defense in eliminated 10 yard and under passes.
Osu is last in the league in allowing passes over 40 yards.

Last edited:
Just heard this stat

These are conference stats.
Osu is in the top 2 on defense in eliminated 10 yard and under passes.
Osu is last in the league in allowing passes over 40 yards.

1db15205-b2d5-43ef-a559-da74314ba3fa_text.gif

Back