Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official Wisconsin vs ][V][ichigan UTL Edition Game Thread

Is it time to say we?re a basketball school anyway? Has anybody said it already? We normally have been holding off until after the annual soul crushing Ohio State loss...

This team is so lost on defense. Part of that is from covid and the weird season, but this shitty team is a reflection of Harbaugh. Go after a young, energetic coach that wants to win and doesn't sound like a fucking caveman when he speaks to reporters!

Throw our wallet at Jim Leonhard. That guy gets his men fired up and they play harder for him as 3* talent than our guys do as 4*.

I agree. Find a guy who seems to give a shit please !

So, did McNamara show enough to replace Milton at QB for the rest of the season? I expected Milton to be a better runner than what he showed he is. A guy his size should be able to bull his way for 18 inches into the endzone. He looked scared and confused out there, and he has no touch on his passes.

Or should they just leave Milton in to finish this shit show of a season and save McNamara for next year?

Last edited:
So, did McNamara show enough to replace Milton at QB for the rest of the season? I expected Milton to be a better runner than what he showed he is. A guy his size should be able to bull his way for 18 inches into the endzone. He looked scared and confused out there, and he has no touch on his passes.

It really doesn't matter. They're coached by the same coaches who have never developed a QB and can't put together a cohesive game plan. The only constant is sucking and taking almost the entire play clock to snap the ball.

I don't understand what JH will say to recruits to keep them. His 5* guys underachieve or transfer. I've yet to hear any of the kids go to bat for him and want to win for the man. Real coaches inspire greatness and the best he's done with anyone at Michigan is them meeting expectations because of their own talent. What is he going to say to a 5* running back after today? Or Mccarthy? How is he going to get anyone when he can't even give examples of how he's helped a single recruit. Hell, look at nordin! The guy had a sleepover like kid was the next coming and Jim can't even decide if he should be the man now.

I'm so sick of this guy. It breaks my heart that he failed so bad, but fuckkk.

Hell, bring in Mike Hart. There's a michigan man that inspires his athletes.

Not sure about McNamara. One good drive. But I agree with Milton. Guy that big hates contact it seems. Also I just don’t understand why you have to be in a spread formation inside the five yard line. Guys can go under center. Also change that damn play Jim.

6 games in a row Michigan has given up 24 points on defense. Pretty somber Harbaugh just said they have do Reevaluate every aspect of the football team.
Coaches, players, execution, schematic, ect, ect, ect, ect..

I don't understand what JH will say to recruits to keep them. His 5* guys underachieve or transfer. I've yet to hear any of the kids go to bat for him and want to win for the man. Real coaches inspire greatness and the best he's done with anyone at Michigan is them meeting expectations because of their own talent. What is he going to say to a 5* running back after today? Or Mccarthy? How is he going to get anyone when he can't even give examples of how he's helped a single recruit. Hell, look at nordin! The guy had a sleepover like kid was the next coming and Jim can't even decide if he should be the man now.

I'm so sick of this guy. It breaks my heart that he failed so bad, but fuckkk.

Hell, bring in Mike Hart. There's a michigan man that inspires his athletes.

I am all for Mike Hart on the staff.

Or should they just leave Milton in to finish this shit show of a season and save McNamara for next year?

Milton continued to show a hot turd could play qb better. Missed another wide open touchdown. Threw a bunch of picks. 6'5" on the 1 inch line and can't get the ball in. Can't sustain drives. Terribly inaccurate. Can't read a defense. Locks onto his first read every play. No touch. Slow. Indecisive.

Milton continued to show a hot turd could play qb better. Missed another wide open touchdown. Threw a bunch of picks. 6'5" on the 1 inch line and can't get the ball in. Can't sustain drives. Terribly inaccurate. Can't read a defense. Locks onto his first read every play. No touch. Slow. Indecisive.

I would be interested in watching McNamara to see how he develops and if he can sustain the success he showed on that drive. I know it was just that one drive, but he showed that he has touch on the ball and it seemed like the receivers were better at catching his passes than when Milton was throwing. Milton my be better at competing for the position than he is at actually executing the position in game. He does look confused, and locks on receivers. He has been forcing passes in to narrow windows for the last three weeks and this week he got burned big time and it seriously hurt the team. And when he ran the ball his running was very tentative. However, this humiliation was not all on Milton. The defense played better on pass coverage, but still there was little pressure on the qb during passing plays, and the run defense (especially around the ends) was plain non-existent. Granted Hutchinson and Paye were out, but that is not an excuse for the ineptitude of the defensive play.

McNamara has swagger to him and that "ice in the veins" mentality. He played high level football at the high school level. The kid was very very good. Had real offers from USC, ND, Bama, and Geogia. His final 3 on NSD were USC, Alabama, and Michigan. The only reason he wasn't a 5* was because of his height(6'1"). Here's a quote from 24/7, "He is accurate, has good placement and touch and can throw into windows. His best asset may be his ability to throw from odd angles and on the move without needing to have his feet set. While he has not posted big rushing stats, he shows good ability to elude pressure and extend plays."

But like thewolverines24 said, its the same fucking staff and that has me worried that they could fuck him up mentally.

I don't understand what JH will say to recruits to keep them. His 5* guys underachieve or transfer.

You're not allowed to say that. I made the point that the staff managed to turn the 9th overall recruit in the country into a 6th round pick (DPJ) but that can't be Jim's fault. Had to be Shea or Gattis.

Gary: Vastly underachieved expectations. In fairness, they may have been unfair expectations.
DPJ: 9th overall recruit, 6th round pick.
Solomon: From Fuck Michigan to commit to Michigan to transfer from Michigan.

I don't know what you sell them on. They see OSU putting 3-4 guys in the first round every year. It's not like OSU did anything to develop Okudah, but they sure as hell didn't fuck him up like Michigan seems to be doing over and over. The ONLY example I can think of for them to hang their hat on is Bush. He was no. 312 overall in the class and ended up being a top 10 pick. I think that was as much a case of a miss on the recruiting sites and an excellent fit as much as it was coaching.

Last edited:

For what it's worth I'm not ready to write Milton off after 4 games. It's really difficult to get a read on him when he is getting no protection from the offensive line. He's a project and we have been told that he's a low floor high ceiling type of recruit whereas McNamara was a high floor low ceiling guy. I'm all for letting them both play and seeing who is better in games but it's pretty unfair to write Milton off entirely because he's had some struggles on a lousy team. When it was 5th year Patterson doing all the shit you mentioned, that's a problem. When it's a first year starter who played at a shitty program in high school and had no polish at all, not to mention it's a shitty team this year, it's at least understandable that he's struggling through 4 whole games.

As far as Milton the runner, he was never billed as a runner. I'm not sure where anyone ever got the impression that he was. He's serviceable and he has shown that he can pick up yards when he scrambles. The goal line play was frustrating but when the line let's a guy through who cuts his legs at the 4 yard line it's hard to see how that's all on Milton.

Michigan either needs to become Northwestern or start gathering the 3-and-out players and pay them accordingly. There seems to be no third option.

For what it's worth I'm not ready to write Milton off after 4 games. It's really difficult to get a read on him when he is getting no protection from the offensive line. He's a project and we have been told that he's a low floor high ceiling type of recruit whereas McNamara was a high floor low ceiling guy. I'm all for letting them both play and seeing who is better in games but it's pretty unfair to write Milton off entirely because he's had some struggles on a lousy team. When it was 5th year Patterson doing all the shit you mentioned, that's a problem. When it's a first year starter who played at a shitty program in high school and had no polish at all, not to mention it's a shitty team this year, it's at least understandable that he's struggling through 4 whole games.

As far as Milton the runner, he was never billed as a runner. I'm not sure where anyone ever got the impression that he was. He's serviceable and he has shown that he can pick up yards when he scrambles. The goal line play was frustrating but when the line let's a guy through who cuts his legs at the 4 yard line it's hard to see how that's all on Milton.

I just haven't seen much from Milton to justify him as the starter. Yeah, he has a strong arm, with little to no touch, and throws into tight windows. The passes that McNamara threw were on the money and he placed that one pass on the sidelines where only the receiver could catch it. He seems to have a strong arm too. I'd give Milton another half, maybe less, and if he doesn't show marked improvement bring in McNamara.

Back