Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

these people should not vote

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]
MichChamp02 said:
no, and how did he question it?

typical mainstream media methodology to is to use the passive voice "this data has been questioned by experts..." without of course, telling you which experts, or how it has been questioned. that allows them to dispel any criticism of the official orthodoxy without actually having to do any work, or get involved in the details of the argument, which they are loathe to do, since the orthodoxy is typically on the wrong side of the law, and they will lose the argument.

is that what he did?

He said that the data was gathered with recorded robocalls and people would respond by pushing a button, and that the questions may have been framed to skew the results in the manner that the survey conducting organization desired.

Something like that.

That's about it.

Ha. How is that something that can be skewed?

Survey Robot in Monotone Voice: "Do you believe the Pres-i-dent is a muslim? Press 1 for Yes, 2 for No."

Alabaman: "Why, yes. Yes sir, I do. Howevers I ain't understand a werd of yer complicated DI-rections, sos I'm a gonna just mash all the numbers and then hangup the speakin' machine Imma talkin on, an git back to watchin the reveran Pat Roberston explains to me why all them libruls in Noooo Yawk City keeps makin them hurricanes flood up the south as punishment from the Lawd almighty."

Yeah I think that's about how the guy said it usually probably went.

Completely skewed.

Aren't all robo-polls skewed (land lines vs. no land lines)? Also, Rasmussen has been called out before. http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/archives/individual/2009_03/017142.phphttp://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703384204575510272945083114.html

This is what got reported: "Despite efforts by the Obama political team and its surrogates to link Rush Limbaugh to the Republican Party, just 11% of GOP voters say the conservative radio commentator is the party's leader."

This is what was asked: "Agree or Disagree: 'Rush Limbaugh is the leader of the Republican Party -- he says jump and they say how high.'

Back