Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tiger Woods in Single Car Rollover Accident

as for Tiger, I'd guess that he was texting or making a call. he was driving a courtesy car from the tournament at Riviera, most likely not synced with his phone. Just a guess but most likely.

FHCC was just sold to real estate developers, ditching the golf course and building homes.

Rumor was that Mat Ishbia was looking to buy it as his own personal golf course

a couple other country clubs in MI I was familiar with have gone under in the last decade.

I've heard membership numbers at country clubs tanked across the board, but I wonder what's driving the trend?

Just a matter of taste maybe? Fewer companies paying for memberships as a perk?

Last edited by a moderator:
a couple other country clubs in MI I was familiar with have gone under in the last decade.

I've heard membership numbers at country clubs tanked across the board, but I wonder what's driving the trend?

Never felt comfortable as a guest at a CC. Never was inclined or (able) to join one. I like the comforts of a muni course and its flaws. There are a few courses locally where you pay a monthly fee for unlimited golf and you are a ?member.? I could sign that, if I cut out the time to play enough.

Never felt comfortable as a guest at a CC. Never was inclined or (able) to join one. I like the comforts of a muni course and its flaws. There are a few courses locally where you pay a monthly fee for unlimited golf and you are a ?member.? I could sign that, if I cut out the time to play enough.

I agree. Socializing at a CC with the local gentry is not my idea of good time. I always felt a bit uneasy/creeped out by that crowd.

I caddied at Oakland Hills CC when I was 14, and had mixed memories of the people I lugged bags for. The doctors and lawyers were usually nice.. doctors moreso. I was too young to understand what everyone else did, but the others were a crap shoot. Anyone with more of a country boy/southern accent was usually a dick. White Professional athletes were cocky. African american pros were a little nicer.

Bill Bonds was a member. I remember being surprised how tanned, skinny and sickly he looked in person. He was a heavy smoker though, and boozed all the time. Looked like he lived a hard life. I would not want to fuck with him

I imagine the harsher DUI penalties played a role too in the decline of country clubbing fun... you can't booze like they used to in the 60's and 70's, run your oversized Caddy or Lincoln into a ditch and just have the cops drive you home. Gotta spend a night in jail, hire a lawyer, pay a four/five figure fine (depending on how many priors you have) and all that.

Tough. I heard he was in an area where its very difficulty area to drive.

I was continuing to think about this post, and some thoughts have been developing.

It really shouldn?t be a very difficult area to drive, as long as the car is on the road and the tires are on a surface. Once the vehicle leaves the road and the tires leave a surface, that?s when operating the vehicle becomes difficult.

I have heard reports that the area is a ?hotspot? for accidents, and it caused me to wonder what that specifically means. Is it, for example, more than one accident per thousand vehicles who pass? I like to know how something is quantified.

Also, shouldn?t we just start calling anywhere Tiger Woods happens to be driving a ?hotspot? for accidents from now on?

I was continuing to think about this post, and some thoughts have been developing.

It really shouldn?t be a very difficult area to drive, as long as the car is on the road and the tires are on a surface. Once the vehicle leaves the road and the tires leave a surface, that?s when operating the vehicle becomes difficult.

I have heard reports that the area is a ?hotspot? for accidents, and it caused me to wonder what that specifically means. Is it, for example, more than one accident per thousand vehicles who pass? I like to know how something is quantified.

Also, shouldn?t we just start calling anywhere Tiger Woods happens to be driving a ?hotspot? for accidents from now on?

That could be true.

He's worse than Mr. McGoo (who at least had an excuse... he couldn't see straight)

my club has been pretty steady but we offer a lot other than golf with lake access, platform tennis, sailing, etc. One reason that clubs are down is that fathers are a lot more involved than they were previously, there's less time for leisure and being gone all morning saturday and sunday just doesn't happen anymore.

I agree. Socializing at a CC with the local gentry is not my idea of good time. I always felt a bit uneasy/creeped out by that crowd.

I caddied at Oakland Hills CC when I was 14, and had mixed memories of the people I lugged bags for. The doctors and lawyers were usually nice.. doctors moreso. I was too young to understand what everyone else did, but the others were a crap shoot. Anyone with more of a country boy/southern accent was usually a dick. White Professional athletes were cocky. African american pros were a little nicer.

Bill Bonds was a member. I remember being surprised how tanned, skinny and sickly he looked in person. He was a heavy smoker though, and boozed all the time. Looked like he lived a hard life. I would not want to fuck with him

I imagine the harsher DUI penalties played a role too in the decline of country clubbing fun... you can't booze like they used to in the 60's and 70's, run your oversized Caddy or Lincoln into a ditch and just have the cops drive you home. Gotta spend a night in jail, hire a lawyer, pay a four/five figure fine (depending on how many priors you have) and all that.

Oakland hills is a factory, they have a ton of members and it always seemed like a lot of people brought clients all the time due to prestige/allure of it. There isn't much of a family atmosphere at all, more corporate/stuffy.

I've heard a lot of stories of bill bonds, he could regularly be found passed out in his car in the parking lot.

so he went speeding out of the place, almost ran another guy over, kept driving way too fast, and jumped his car over a curb and rolled it.

Where I'm from, we have a name for that kind of thing; it's called being a total fucking idiot.

reports he was going 40-over at the time. the lowest speed limit I've ever seen on a public road is 25 MPH, so he was going at least 65 on winding mountain roads...

looks like I was right

Brake wasn't applied. Accelerator at 99%.

says he was going 84-87 MPH in a 45 and 75 when the car hit a tree.

I wonder if he was trying to kill himself

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/i...eed-caused-tiger-woods-suv-crash-sheriff-says

given the "accelerator at 99%" thing, I'm going to say... maybe.

also, given that modern cars are designed with safety in mind, this is generally not a great way to commit suicide, it's maybe more of a "cry for help" ...

Who knows what his deal is... I'm guessing having a single-minded focus on winning a sport all your life to the exclusion of everything else leaves you pretty lost when you pass your peak.

Last edited by a moderator:
given the "accelerator at 99%" thing, I'm going to say... maybe.

also, given that modern cars are designed with safety in mind, this is generally not a great way to commit suicide, it's maybe more of a "cry for help" ...

Who knows what his deal is... I'm guessing having a single-minded focus on winning a sport all your life to the exclusion of everything else leaves you pretty lost when you pass your peak.

He didn?t seem to exclude banging as many chicks as he could.

Maybe that?s what?s missing now.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SsMlc3CjEI0

He didn?t seem to exclude banging as many chicks as he could.

Maybe that?s what?s missing now.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SsMlc3CjEI0

I'm sure he could still get laid wherever he wanted, even without paying for it (directly), although he could of course afford to pay for it directly, every day for the rest of his life. I did a quick duck-duck-go search for his net worth, and he's still up there in the hundreds of millions of dollars category.

Back