Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers @ Mariners, Game 90, July 14 2023

byco42

Game Time: 10:10 p.m. T-Mobile Park

ESPN Gameday

Tigers SP: Eduardo Rodriguez LHP W-L 4-5 ERA 2.64 WHIP 1.00
Mariners SP: Luis Castillo RHP W-L 6-6 ERA 2.85 WHIP 1.04

Detroit Tigers (39-50) 3rd in AL Central -5.5 Last 10: 5-5 L1

Expected Lineup
3B Z. McKinstry L
CF Riley Greene L
1B S. Torkelson R
DH K. Carpenter L
RF M. Vierling R
SS Javier Baez R
LF Akil Baddoo L
2B Andy Ibanez R
C Jake Rogers R

Seattle Mariners (45-44) 3rd in NL West -6.0 Last 10: 7-3 W1

Expected Lineup
SS J. Crawford L
1B Ty France R
CF J. Rodriguez R
LF J. Kelenic L
3B E. Suarez R
RF T. Hernandez R
C Tom Murphy R
DH AJ Pollock R
2B J. Caballero R

BR Preview

Freep Game Notes

Dome
LINE SEA -190
O/U 7.0 Runs

Random Mariners' Player

Mariners' Uniforms 1981-1984

Last edited:
its been mention MLBTV, that Paul GOLDSCHMIDT might be traded to San Diego. Should that be the case, Why not run E Rod and a Position Player to the Cards and grab him? They need starting pitching. Tigers would get a good bat lose a questionable bat and rid a contract. Like to get a pitcher bac as well.

You get better when you can and by how well you make trades. And really when a deal can be made. However I do not think the Cards will part with Gold. But what it cost to ask?

its been mention MLBTV, that Paul GOLDSCHMIDT might be traded to San Diego. Should that be the case, Why not run E Rod and a Position Player to the Cards and grab him? They need starting pitching. Tigers would get a good bat lose a questionable bat and rid a contract. Like to get a pitcher bac as well.

You get better when you can and by how well you make trades. And really when a deal can be made. However I do not think the Cards will part with Gold. But what it cost to ask?
I like Goldie but no way he'd want to play here.. And you'd have to give more than P coming off injury and position player. Unless than position player was Riley Greene.

I like Goldie but no way he'd want to play here.. And you'd have to give more than P coming off injury and position player. Unless than position player was Riley Greene.

Not sure Green would be good enough, Cards have an outfield full already. They might trade an outfielder for E Rod. Green coming off his second injury! Not sure he could bring back anything right now worth what he worth. What he back 2 games, yea he hits but his endurance is a question as of now. And no I was not thinking of position player Green.

why would the Cards want E-Rod? They are out of contention, just like the Tigers.

why would the Cards want E-Rod? They are out of contention, just like the Tigers.

Its not about E Rod. Its about Goldschmidt and what Cards would take for him. Imo Tigers have more to offer than SD and just because you think Cards are out of it doesn't mean
my Grandma's Cards are out of it. They looking to improve.
Once upon a time, a long long time ago before the movie made that faze famous, they were 20 games out and came back. Thats what Cardinal Nation is all about never giving up! Play until the last out is recorded. Find Brock, Marris, Cepeda, Winn, Cedeno, ect. ect., Man they found every Tom, Dick, Harry and brother Larry twice, over the years. Thats how they find ways to win. And of course, set up a cold one.
They have been looking for PITCHING. I would not count them out. At least until Yogie says its over. And we all know: it aint over till its over".

What does it cost to ask? Maybe not this, could lead to something else? Trades start with talk. Talk to them. The Cards got Jack Clark for what. I can't remember.

Its not about E Rod. Its about Goldschmidt and what Cards would take for him. Imo Tigers have more to offer than SD and just because you think Cards are out of it doesn't mean
my Grandma's Cards are out of it. They looking to improve.
Once upon a time, a long long time ago before the movie made that faze famous, they were 20 games out and came back. Thats what Cardinal Nation is all about never giving up! Play until the last out is recorded. Find Brock, Marris, Cepeda, Winn, Cedeno, ect. ect., Man they found every Tom, Dick, Harry and brother Larry twice, over the years. Thats how they find ways to win. And of course, set up a cold one.
They have been looking for PITCHING. I would not count them out. At least until Yogie says its over. And we all know: it aint over till its over".

If the Cards think they are still in it, why would they trade away their best offensive player?

Not sure Green would be good enough, Cards have an outfield full already. They might trade an outfielder for E Rod. Green coming off his second injury! Not sure he could bring back anything right now worth what he worth. What he back 2 games, yea he hits but his endurance is a question as of now. And no I was not thinking of position player Green.
You weren't thinking of Greene then who were you thinking of, Short lol.

Yup, Maton is back. Took marisnick's spot.

I?d rather have Marisnick. (Or one of the two prospects Malloy or Kieth) or even Meadows.

Tigers have so many lefty batters now and Marisnick plays a really nice outfield. He bats righty (albeit badly). But Maton hasn?t hit a homer in the mlb in sometime. Maton is not the greatest fielder either. I?m just Not a fan of this move. Kind of shows how Unserious the tigers are at going for the division.

He better start hitting.

Last edited:
Kaboom !

2 run Jack By Carpenter ! Ball is carrying well tonight in Seattle .

Great catch by Vierling in CF .

Man ball is flying deep tonight.

Last edited:
Baez stands way to far off the plate. Weak ground out to ss.

Last edited:
Maton sees 8 pitches flys out to cf. least he is trying something different. Does JB every try anything new in batters box ?
Baddoo gets a 3-0 count then 3-1 then grounds out to 2nd.

Last edited:
Rangers were down 4-2 to Cleveland and in last two innings they now lead Cleveland 11-4 still batting in the 8th.

Oakland is up 3-2 at home against Minnesota but game is still early.

Last edited:
Is Greene just guessing ? He missed that last pitch by a foot and it was right over the plate.. it was low but not that low. Strange swing.

Back