Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers @ Rays Game #3 (Sunday)

tomdalton22

0-0 bottom of 3rd

Kitten's hitters are really "controlling the strike zone"

7K 1BB 0 hits through 3 innings

Seems the game plan going in was to watch 93 mph fastballs down the middle go right by. Maybe Hinch should start cheating again.

You expect him to fix 10 years of nonsense in a couple months?

Detroit fans are a special breed
10 years. Where'd that number come from? He didn't help an inept offense.. instead he traded a good BP for "hitters that controlled the strikeout zone" and cheap WW pickups and other scraps.

I have no idea what these guys he picked up are going to turn into. Maybe they end up being decent. But I do know he didn't add a single player to the roster that has a track record of being even an average MLB player. That and he's trying to do it all by himself. He should have hired a GM to take care of the day to day and he could change the culture, analytics, scouting, etc.

10 years. Where'd that number come from? He didn't help an inept offense.. instead he traded a good BP for "hitters that controlled the strikeout zone" and cheap WW pickups and other scraps.

Sorry, 7 years that Avila was shitting on detroit. Soto and Jimenez were not that great. Most people wanted both of them released many times for nothing in return over the years. Lucky they got anything for them. If 1 of those returning players turns out ot be an average mlb player it's a win.

the Tigers lead off hitter, a guy Harris traded for, has a career OBP of .307 (437 plate appearances)

that's our lead off hitter. :clap:

I have no idea what these guys he picked up are going to turn into. Maybe they end up being decent. But I do know he didn't add a single player to the roster that has a track record of being even an average MLB player. That and he's trying to do it all by himself. He should have hired a GM to take care of the day to day and he could change the culture, analytics, scouting, etc.

It looks to me that they have a surplus of players age 24-28 that they need to find out if they're mlb players or not. I'm sure they're gonna shuffle as many of them back and forth from toledo to see what they have. I have no problems with Harris taking his first year gauging what(if anything) they have to work with.

My problem is Miggy, Schoop and the McKinstry signing make it harder to really get enough looks.

What would signing 1 or 2 decent veterans really do for this team right now??

Your Miggy, Schoop , McKinstry - all on Harris. He did nothing to improve this team, absolutely nothing.

You're an idiot if you think Miggy and Schoop are on him.
I always said you can't just get rid of a hall of famer in his last years making 35m but no you keep on mentioning the last guy should have gotten rid of him. Harris could have rid this team of Schoop if he wanted. Maybe signed a half way decent player.

Last edited:
You're an idiot if you think Miggy and Schoop are on him.

he could have easily dumped Schoop if he wanted to. Miggy, that would probably have been more difficult. There are probably still a bunch of dopey people that adore him and would be pissed if the Tigers released him.

Back