Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. A's Game #85, July 5, 2023

byco42

Game Time: 6:40 p.m. Comerica Park

ESPN Gameday

Tigers SP: Eduardo Rodriguez LHP W-L 4-4 ERA 2.13 WHIP 0.98 :clap::clap:
Athletics SP: Austin Pruitt

Detroit Tigers (37-47) 3rd in AL Central -5.5 Last 10: 5-5 L1

3B Z. McKinstry L
1B S. Torkelson R
RF Andy Ibanez R
SS Javier Baez R
LF M. Vierling R
C Jake Rogers R
DH M. Cabrera R
2B Zack Short R
CF J. Marisnick R

Oakland Athletics (24-63) 5th in AL West -27.5 Last 10: 5-5 W1

CF Esteury Ruiz R
DH Jordan Diaz R
RF Brent Rooker R
3B Aledmys Diaz R
1B Ryan Noda L
C S. Langeliers R
LF JJ Bleday L
SS Nick Allen R
2B Tony Kemp L

BR Preview

Freep Game Notes

1% Precipitation
88? Wind 10 mph R-L
LINE DET -225
O/U 8.5 Runs

Oakland A's Uniforms, 1973

Last edited:
Tigers become the first team ever since earned runs become a stat (1913) to strikeout 12 and allow no earned runs through 9 innings while giving up 2 hits or less lose a game .
It was like around 311-0-1 give or take a few on the win totals.

Last night was a Embarrassing loss Period, and Haase playing again flat out stinks.
Tigers wasted 2 great pitching performances last night.
Didn?t they struggle to give Rodriguez run support ?

Last edited:
Spencer?s at bat in the bottom of the 8th with runners on the corners and 1 out just bugs the crap out of me. Tigers have struggled with these type of situations since before I can remember. I?d rather try a Suicide squeeze play then watch another tiger batter strikeout in this situation.
I m pretty sure Spencer hasn?t bunted since little league so they would never suspect it lol..

just a fly ball Spencer is all we needed to win !

Last edited:
Spencer?s at bat in the bottom of the 8th with runners on the corners and 1 out just bugs the crap out of me. Tigers have struggled with these type of situations since before I can remember. I?d rather try a Suicide squeeze play then watch another tiger batter strikeout in this situation.
I m pretty sure Spencer hasn?t bunted since little league so they would never suspect it lol..

just a fly ball Spencer is all we needed to win !
Spencer wouldn't expect it either. He'd probably bunt it back into the stands or k.

Listening to radio shows they may be holding guys to game 102 for call ups.
Something about rookie status for next season.

Tigers become the first team ever since earned runs become a stat (1913) to strikeout 12 and allow no earned runs through 9 innings while giving up 2 hits or less lose a game .
It was like around 311-0-1 give or take a few on the win totals.

Last night was a Embarrassing loss Period, and Haase playing again flat out stinks.
Tigers wasted 2 great pitching performances last night.
Didn?t they struggle to give Rodriguez run support ?

Wow, that makes the loss to a Triple A team even more infuriating.

And here I thought that the purpose of professional sports was to win games. :nuts:

I'd rather them be patient with the young guys. I don't know if any of them are really ready.

I'd rather them be patient with the young guys. I don't know if any of them are really ready.

I can name several Tigers on the roster who are ready to sell life insurance.

And I guess the overall question to ask is "why not?" As other teams have players not yet 23 years old making significant progress and impact day-to-day. (Greene obviously excepted).

Last edited:
Should you not have someone on the beach that can bunt then teach some pitchers to bunt!. O with the Tigers averages, yea you need all the outs to give someone a chance to hit/put a ball in play to score a run! Tigers got to get better hitters. Really you cannot score a run in 9 innings. Why expect them to score one in one inning!

Rushing young players is a gamble. Tork has trouble with MLB pitching, Green been hurt twice, and both have been below the belt not good. Should he keep that happening well enough said.

https://www.mlb.com/tigers/news/tigers-injuries-and-roster-moves
Injuries & Moves: Hill optioned to make room for E-Rod.
Tigers official site

You will know how healthy Tigers believe Riley Green's leg is..by if Jake Marisnick is cut or not..

People..not much is gonna happen till a week from July 14..Greene will be hitting #2..assuming his leg is healthy..Baddoo will be back on the roster..the rest..don't get your hopes up..lets talk on Aug 1..and see who is left in the rotation..

Miguel Cabrera (3,125 career hits) is hitting .349 (22 for 63) with an OPS just under .900 in his last 21 games going back to May 30. Useful.

Since May 30, Rogers' .362 isolated power ranks second among 262 MLB players with at least 70 plate appearances. He trails only Shohei Ohtani (.574 ISO).

https://www.deadlinedetroit.com/art..._better_or_should_ilitch_just_sell_the_tigers
Lapointe: Should Comerica Build Back Better Or Should Ilitch Just Sell The Tigers? from 8/22.
Deadline Detroit

Tigers left-hander Tarik Skubal looked like himself in his return from flexor tendon surgery.
Only better.
His fastball was faster. His slider shape had more depth. His refined mindset gave him the confidence to fill up the strike zone.

https://motorcitybengals.com/posts/detroit-tigers-what-happened-to-eric-haase-01h4h0cyje45
Detroit Tigers: What happened to Eric Haase?
Eric Haase used to be one of the Detroit Tigers' best hitters. Now, he's one of their worst.
MCBTB

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...ay-upper-deck-golf-event-in-fall/70384508007/
Any Golfers here? Comerica Park to host three-day Upper Deck Golf event in fall.
Freep

The Most Important Month of Detroit Tigers Baseball in Years... 3 minutes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64jwqwQ3Rek&ab_channel=MotorCityMetrics

Rodriguez not sharp so far at all.

Sac fly A?s up 1-0

Still not sharp.

Throws a 3-0 cookie that most tigers would miss . 3-0. A?s dumb pitch to a homer run hitter.
23 of Noda 56 hits are extra base hits. Damn Straight he was going to have the 3-0 swing away .

Last edited:
Good thing AJ is sitting Carp to let all these right handed hitters not get the ball out of the infield. He really needs to be questioned by the media on this shit. Carpenter is their best hitter and only real home run threat.

E-Rod situation will be interesting at the trade deadline

I'm sure they fucked it up by not trading him when his value was at an all time high. Now he'll pitch like shit until the trade deadline and then pitch lights out to end the year and opt out.

Was that Baez hacking away on the first pitch again. Or did he take a pitch Lol ?

Back