Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. indians Game Thread August 21

Velverde gets the save, but is there any way to give the save to Austin Jackson instead?

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]
[quote="Rich what? Richmond!":6b6xwjmb]I was at work but saw on my phone the fly out/throw out. Any video on this yet?

and here it is, the last webvideo they came out with.
http://detroit.tigers.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=18286533
Webvideo of Valverde's save and Jackson's catch and throw to Avila for the game ending double play!!!!!!!!!!!! [/quote:6b6xwjmb]

just viewed it..........wow!! what a throw and catch...

The last play was one of the most exciting I have seen (for the Tigers).

i just got home from work and watched the replay...holy shit that was fucking awesome!

3 Game sweep over the team chasing us. Check
Shelling their new "ace" and chasing him from the game. Check
Valverde 37-37. Check
Jackson with the game ending put out from CF. Check
Ripping the Tribe's heart out. Check

Just getting back from work, looks like I missed quite a game. Probably would have had a stroke if I were watching it live. Very big win today. Hope JV has his best stuff tomorrow. Go Tigers.

I have to say...THE most stressful Tigers game I have ever sat through...wondering for 5 1/3 innings whether or not our parade of fools out of the bullpen was going to hold it...absolutely murder. Papa Grande you are one lucky son of a bitch today...you'd better be at least buying AJax dinner...seriously.

Gawd...

cmlfactor said:
I have to say...THE most stressful Tigers game I have ever sat through...wondering for 5 1/3 innings whether or not our parade of fools out of the bullpen was going to hold it...absolutely murder. Papa Grande you are one lucky son of a bitch today...you'd better be at least buying AJax dinner...seriously.

Gawd...

I agree.. I may be signed on all of the time but this is the first time back too the board after that game.... Very stressful and exciting game...

what a great, great finish to a great baseball game. go tigers

If you watched the whole game and saw all of it in its glory with the blown leads to the run scoring wild pitch to seeing Benemit thrown out at 3rd on a bunt, even though he was safe and the next play watching Santiago get picked off to walks and HBP by Valverde and then the play. So many emotions.

I'm not sure how we held them off and won.

coulomb said:
I've watched this play 20 times so far. incredible!

The best part was Valverde calling him out long before the Ump.

That and Avila basically fly-swatting Fuckadoorknob out of the way with the tag.

MI_Thumb said:
coulomb said:
I've watched this play 20 times so far. incredible!

The best part was Valverde calling him out long before the Ump.

That and Avila basically fly-swatting Fuckadoorknob out of the way with the tag.

one of the very best nicknames for an opposing teams player I can ever remember. lol

knew a girl way back in the day, that actually tried it.
her name was easy ellie.

Back