Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. indians Game Thread August 9

burned out, bull***, tired, what a damn shame,
and can look forward to more through 2012 with the triplets, smokes/lloyd/buffettablelamont.

Fuck, I always hate walking the bases loaded in any situation.

That, and why the hell did Leyland put on the hit and run with Guillen last inning?

A 2-0 count, the pitcher is wild as hell, and you force him to swing?

Dumb.

But this one isn't on Leyland...just a pathetic offensive showing.

Tigers hitters went 10 for 50 tonight,
risp 0 for 7,
10 lob,
219 pitches thrown,

indians 7 for 43,
risp 1 for 4,
8 lob,
220 pitches thrown,

each team struck out 13 times,

mjsb2 said:

That, and why the hell did Leyland put on the hit and run with Guillen last inning?

Dumb.

The hit and run was really stupid... The guy was not throwing strikes.. Dumb Jimmy at it again...

Vmart, Cabrera, and Dirks all had 2.

Jackson, Boesch, Santiago,and Raburn all went 0-fer.

No it was a pathetic hitters.. I will be glad when Magglio and Carlos and Raburn are long gone. Another difference in the game was their second baseman could handle hot shots and ours could not. We need to get younger and faster and find guys who don't strikeout as much.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]burned out, bull***, tired, what a damn shame,
and can look forward to more through 2012 with the triplets, smokes/lloyd/buffettablelamont.

Yanno that they had to do it while the Tigers still have the division lead. IF they fall out of 1st this month, or fall into 3rd behind both the Sox and Indians by Sept. how would it look then?

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]
mjsb2 said:

Dumb.

The hit and run was really stupid... The guy was not throwing strikes.. Dumb Jimmy at it again...

I couldn't believe it, that and the hit and run with Jackson earlier where Kelly was running and thrown out at 2nd.

Why?

Plus, I felt Valverde should have been brought in rather than Pauley, who cares that it's a tie game, bring in the best RP available and worry about who pitches later, later.

But fuck, what a horrible offensive showing.

Just pathetic, and the amount of shitty pitchers that Cleveland threw out there, the amount of times we got the leadoff hitter on (what was it 6 or 7) and couldn't even get them to second.

Seriously, how many times did we even advance the leadoff runners?

Pathetic, we deserved to lose, and the game ended in fitting fashion...a bullshit ending to a bullshit game.

Oh by the way that is 12 losses in a row at the dump of a stadium in Cleveland. They better win the next two games... What a wasted night...

Turok said:
[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]burned out, bull***, tired, what a damn shame,

Yanno that they had to do it while the Tigers still have the division lead. IF they fall out of 1st this month, or fall into 3rd behind both the Sox and Indians by Sept. how would it look then?

true, I still wish they had waited on Leyland. some do some don't.
I'm just tired of dumb lineups and we need some younger players for Maggs and Carlos next year, good players at one time, but not anymore, and Raburn sucks, I don't care if he hits the last 2 months of the year,

What is scary is what if BB and JP, and Alex and others are starting to fall back to there normal averages.. JP is striking out a lot lately... This team with the hitters they have should be way up in the division but they only have a 3 game lead now... I feel panic....

This is what happens when you lose 4-3 games and 3-2 games back to back... No excuse for this type of baseball.. Bruce Chen and now this..... give me a break...I am pissed.

Lots of hostility. Personally, im still more worried about Chicago than the Tribe.

I kind of just sat there in shock and awe after he hit funkyfagme.... o well we will get em tomorrow with Ricky on the bump.... and to the guy who said we blew a chance at putting the Indians away for the season, that might just be the dumbest statement i have ever encountered.

mjsb2 said:

Dumb.

2-0 count is a good time to hit and run with a guy that hasn't been hitting IMO. The pitcher is trying to groove one and the batter is forced to try to make contact. As far as walking the bases loaded in the bottom of the 14th inning with only one out is also a solid baseball decision. Any hit into the infield you can go home unless it is a EASY DP ball. I have no problem with either decision.

tomdalton22 said:
mjsb2 said:

Dumb.

2-0 count is a good time to hit and run with a guy that hasn't been hitting IMO. The pitcher is trying to groove one and the batter is forced to try to make contact. As far as walking the bases loaded in the bottom of the 14th inning with only one out is also a solid baseball decision. Any hit into the infield you can go home unless it is a EASY DP ball. I have no problem with either decision.

When a pitcher can't throw strikes, you should never force a hitter, especially a patient hitter like Guillen, to swing.

Walking the bases loaded is pretty much never a good decision, it removes all room for error.

Back