Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. marlins Game Thread September 29

Tigers have now had 14 no-hitters thrown against them.
HOFs Bob Feller, Bob Lemon & Nolan Ryan and future HOF Randy Johnson headline group.

From what I can tell, only the Phillies (18) and Browns/Orioles (17) have had more no-hitters thrown against them than we have.

Go us.

However, we are also one of only 5 teams to score 2 runs while being no-hit, and one of only 2 teams to have WON a game we were no-hit in (April 30, 1967 when we won 2-1 vs the Orioles in the first game of a double-header but got no-hit.)
edit: according to this site, the A's have also had 14 against them, the Giants have 16 against them (i forgot to count their years as the NYG), the braves have 17 against them, and the shitsux have had 15 against them. So its not as bad as i thought.

Last edited:
From what I can tell, only the Phillies (18) and Browns/Orioles (17) have had more no-hitters thrown against them than we have.

Go us.

However, we are also one of only 5 teams to score 2 runs while being no-hit, and one of only 2 teams to have WON a game we were no-hit in (April 30, 1967 when we won 2-1 vs the Orioles in the first game of a double-header but got no-hit.)
edit: according to this site, the A's have also had 14 against them, the Giants have 16 against them (i forgot to count their years as the NYG), the braves have 17 against them, and the shitsux have had 15 against them. So its not as bad as i thought.

Not bad considering these teams you listed have been around forever, including Detroit.

Not bad considering these teams you listed have been around forever, including Detroit.

yep. in fact, thats why i miscounted at first, i forgot to count some of the earlier cities/names of teams that have been around for a while but arent in their original city anymore.

i don't care that they got no hit today. It was a meaningless game. The more important thing is JV pitched good, Porcello and Fister got some work in and some regulars got the day off.

As a Tigers' fan, it sucks we got no-hit. It sucks less because the game was meaningless for us, though.

As a baseball fan, it's always great to see a no-hitter.

I can't rationalize anything positive about the last three games, especially the last one. The '68 Tigers were swept by the Senators to close the season, but that was the Year of the Pitcher and the Tigers had proved their mettle already. This team does not have the character of that one, nor of the '84 squad.

Last edited:
Back