Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. orioles Game Thread August 13

with all the cheering for the Tigers in that bottom of the 9th might have to record this one as a home game. LOL..

last 8 wins by a single run

Very very big win tonight after falling behind 5-0. JV might be this teams MVP but Jose can't be too far behind. He has had a hand in twice as many wins as JV. Love this win.

Valverde 9th inning,

wieters fouls down left and Dirks races over and has it right next to the grandstands,

cdavis lines right in front of Dirks playing deep for no doubles defense,

pinch runner riemold and

pinch hitter is reynolds chases a splitter away,

oh geez, ok phew, Valverde wants to get the mud out of the cleats,

beavis davis full count, fly to Dirks,

Tigers win 6 - 5,

Scherzer wins,
Valverde with the save,
Tigers with their 8th straight one run game and set a new team record, breaking the old record from 1944,
Tigers Victory Cigar.

Well we all know Verlander is the Tiger's MVP but I think you have to give Valverde 2nd right after him.. So far this year atleast...

jdbaker1 said:
Sox now down 4-2, the night keeps getting better

I just switched over to the game, peavy pitching 5th inning,
early but go royals tonight.

The last eight games the tigers have won are.

3-2 Angels
6-5 Rangers
5-4 rangers
4-3 KC
4-3 KC
4-3 Indians
5-4 O's
6-5 O's

This is a 20-20 hindsight great move to use Valverde actually... Now you can possibly close with Benoit tomorrow.. I would think he's qualified to spot save and has been decent lately..

tigers99888 said:
Well we all know Verlander is the Tiger's MVP but I think you have to give Valverde 2nd right after him.. So far this year atleast...
Agree, not often are the 2 most valuable players on a team pitchers, would love Miggy to go nuts in the last 1 1/2 months and enter the discussion.

Good win and good shot at the sweep tomorrow. Tigers already roughed up Reyes earlier this year.

Correction on all the one run games talk by me.
Last 8 Wins have been by one run.
breaking the tie with the 1944 Tigers who had 7 straight one run wins.

Cabrera, Peralta, and Avila have all been more valuable than Valverde.

Btw, why isn't Pauley pitching much? Almost like he's the odd man out.

Back