Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. rays Game Thread August 22

Thank god. Good game but there was no need for that at the end.

Valverde 9th inning,

longoria fastball way high knocks him down, fly to deep left homerun,

f'n Leyland is stubborn and stupid,

Tigers lead 5 - 2,

zobrist flys to Jackson,

1 out,

krotchman singles,

jennings full count strikes out swinging,

2 outs,

fuld ball 4 to him was a freaking strike,

die rapuano DIE and double DIE,

jaso 1 and 2, grounds out to Santiago,

Tigers win 5 - 2,
Verlander wins his 19th,
Too exhausted for a Tigers Victory Cigar, maybe later..

don't look now but valverde hasn't been lights out lately, smokes is over using him making sure he has nothing left for the post season if we manage to get there.

There we go Jaso not a threat and the Tigers pull it off.. Great win today even with Verlander on the hill, especially since the INjuns lost hahahahahah~!!!! All the Tigers need is another small tank job from the White Sux and the team could be set.. That is if they play .500-.600 ball the rest of the year.. I know the Indians have an easy stretch, but with their injuries, it might be catching up to them.. Hafner on the DL hurts for them..

It is not a smart move using Jose in the 9th. A good or great manager tries to get through 9th with a different pitcher. If you do that you have Jose for Tuesday.. No way he pitches now if we have a small lead in the 9th tomorrow.

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]It is not a smart move using Jose in the 9th. A good or great manager tries to get through 9th with a different pitcher. If you do that you have Jose for Tuesday.. No way he pitches now if we have a small lead in the 9th tomorrow.
I agree but most of the bullpen has been a joke other than Benoit and Coke(recently) and no one really knows the deal on Pauley.. Possible injury?

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]It is not a smart move using Jose in the 9th. A good or great manager tries to get through 9th with a different pitcher. If you do that you have Jose for Tuesday.. No way he pitches now if we have a small lead in the 9th tomorrow.

Not to mention, Benoit has pitched a couple in a row too. He should be available, but still...

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
[quote="MI_Thumb":qsajg61c]I was never worried.

Haha.

19 for JV.[/quote:qsajg61c]

No, but really.

4 run lead, even with Valverde shaky in non-save situations, I never considered he might blow it.

Maybe I'm just arrogant.

Doubt we even need Valverde tomorrow. Price vs. Penny looks like total mismatch.

tigers99888 said:
[color=#006400 said:
I agree but most of the bullpen has been a joke other than Benoit and Coke(recently) and no one really knows the deal on Pauley.. Possible injury?

We need Al Alburq. back.

cmlfactor said:
Doubt we even need Valverde tomorrow. Price vs. Penny looks like total mismatch.

That is probably a good point... So the Jimmy's thinking is we throw the towel in on Tuesday...

JV didn't have his best control but still managed to pitch a gem. Congrats on the Cy Young. JL is an idiot. Nuf said.

Tigers do go a season-high 5.5 games up in AL Central race, as win streak goes to 4 games.

Back