Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. rays Game Thread August 22

TigerMud said:
Post game, smokes giving the game to Tampa tomorrow.

Beniot, Valerde not available, boesch will get the day off, Mugs to start in right, Raburn to start at 2nd. yuc yuc yuc

I heard that. It could get brutal.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]
sggatecl said:
Didn't see this on the boards but I thought it was worth mentioning, Cleveland had a claim go through for Rich Harden but couldn't work out a deal.

yes, thanks, I posted it pregame. and they are looking to bring Thome back with hafner on the DL again. that might get done, he wants to return and said as much earlier today.

Heh, should've known you'd be on top of it. Way to be KC.
laugh.png

The line-up on Tuesday will have Magglio, Ruburn in ... and maybe JP on the bench.

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]The line-up on Tuesday will have Magglio, Ruburn in ... and maybe JP on the bench.

It stands to reason, even with Boesch's splits vs. lefthanders.
Load up with right haned batters and hope for the best against a very talented lefty Price.

staegrac said:
[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]The line-up on Tuesday will have Magglio, Ruburn in ... and maybe JP on the bench.

Why?

Because one of the best left handed pitchers in baseball is pitching. Not sure why Peralta would be out, though.

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]
cmlfactor said:
Doubt we even need Valverde tomorrow. Price vs. Penny looks like total mismatch.

That is probably a good point... So the Jimmy's thinking is we throw the towel in on Tuesday...

That's pretty much how it felt with the Tigers/Rangers game I was at with Penny pitching, but it is better to make sure we don't blow this game tonight since we mostly likely aren't going to be winning tomorrow. Fortunately though, it is baseball and you never know what could happen!

Oh man, and Mario and Rod laughing like little girls was hard to handle tonight. I can't believe they laughed so hard about that situation in the dugout.

And I love JV so much. What a stud.

...yeah, this post is kind of all over the place, but I didn't have a chance to get on this board during the game. Great to get a win tonight. It feels so good to get things off on the right foot against a solid team like TB.

cmlfactor said:
He may as well give guys a day off. Penny's going to get toasted...

So basically smokey knows Penny is junk so he throws the other junk out on the field, assuming anyway that we will lose?

Back