Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. rays Game Thread August 22

Whatever we're paying Avila, 5x as much would not be enough.

Beast at the plate, and takes a beating behind the dish.

Anyone else think Inge looked like he wanted no part of coming in for Avila?

Verlander 2nd inning,

kotchman fastball inside, fastball strike call on the corner, swings and misses fastball, fastball high, curve grounded to Santiago,

upton fouled off of Avila and oh crap he falls back and is looked at immediately by Kevin Rand the Tigers trainer, replay looks like it hit him under the mask, God Alex is taking a beating with all these games and fouls off of him, and Verlander throws a high fastball near upton's head, purpose pitch, 97 is fouled back, curve is outside, swings and misses a slider,

fuld strike call, swings and misses and the bat slips out of his hands, curve on the corner strike three,

Verlander with 27 pitches,

I like the strike calls that JV is getting on the outside corner from this ump,

Tigers lead 2 - 1.

dpinsea said:
2-0 M's, Wells with a run scored after a hbp
Carmona with about 56 pitches after 2. The indians have like 1 day off in about 1 1/2 months, their bullpen is going to be shot if they can't get the starters to last about 7 innings.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
dpinsea said:
That was scary, can we please get a backup catcher

Inge.

I doubt they would start him at catcher though. Didn't he throw a fit after they made him catch the last time?

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
[quote="MI_Thumb":zvik972o]

I'm going to hit you.

Well at least until September he's the backup :) [/quote:zvik972o]

I know, but you don't have to keep reminding me.

I'm trying to repress the idea.

dpinsea said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]

Inge.

I doubt they would start him at catcher though. Didn't he throw a fit after they made him catch the last time?

No they won't start him but as an emercency replacement, yeah.

It would be nice if BB could get hot soon. If he AA, Young and Cabrera are all hitting at once the Tigers will score some runs.

wow, he should've been out by a mile... Bring him home Miggy.

Back