Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. royals Game Thread August 31

Heads up baserunning, if he waited any longer to break for home he'd been dead.

Wow, Porcello has a low PC, but still twice the KC pitchers.

4 hits, 2 runs, but only 22 pitches thru 3? That is almost unheard of. Seriously, I can't believe that stat line!

Porcello 4th inning,

butler grounder to Santiago,

hogheadhosmer f'n prick hits another one out on a fastball up and in,

tiegame,

francour singles up the middle,

mostakas grounder back to Porcello throws to Santiago at second on to Cabrera for a double play,

Porcello with 49 pitches.

Hosmer sure looks like the real deal. KC looks like they've got a piece to build around for a long time. But seriously Rick, it's time to bear down a little.

mikem2780 said:
Hosmer sure looks like the real deal. KC looks like they've got a piece to build around for a long time. But seriously Rick, it's time to bear down a little.

Anyone would look like the real deal if the pitcher keeps throwing up and in to them.

Those pitches have "kill me" written all over them.

Tigers 4th inning,

Martinez 1 and 1, grounder to second and the f'n midget dives and stops it time to throw V-Mart out,

Avila swings and misses a changeup, again strike call, fastball high, curve is ground foul, in the dirt, fly to left by the wall and the goongordon caught it, Alex robbed of a double,

Betemit takes a strike, fastball up and in, swings and misses low, again,

Tigers getting robbed by royals defense,

adcock with 35 pitches,

tie game.

35 pitches through 4 innings. I think our strategy at the plate may be lacking. That's embarrassing!

Man, their sure is a lot of smirks on the faces of a team 20 games below .500.

a 7 run inning would fix that

MI_Thumb said:
mikem2780 said:

Anyone would look like the real deal if the pitcher keeps throwing up and in to them.

Those pitches have "kill me" written all over them.

Yeah, that's all Hosmer's done all year ::)

Porcello 5th inning,

giafongoola grounds out to Santiago,

perez strike call, fouled of his foot, hard grounder to Betemit makes his second nice play picks it and throws to Cabrera,

escobar bunts it foul, fastball fouled back, 2 seam ground foul, check swing slider low, chases and foul tips?

Porcello with 60 pitches, just 2 mistake pitches to hogheadhosmer,
and with 11 ground ball outs so far,

tie game.

Aside from the 2 stupid hangers he left up, Porcello has been efficient.

60 pitches through 5 is pretty decent.

We need to bust out with a 3 or 4 spot because I have to run errands damn it..

I keep waiting for Raburn to break out of his season long slump and actually hit a little.

jdbaker1 said:
I keep waiting for Raburn to break out of his season long slump and actually hit a little.

He's batting .339 this month! You didn't have to wait.

Back