Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. royals Game Thread August 7

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]
[quote="TinselWolverine":22zplbly]OK, guys, where are we doing this, here, or over on the old ESPN board?

Hi TinselWolverine, I have continued to add the game thread at the old board espn. I am staying here mostly for the thread and replies, as are from all accounts everyone else.[/quote:22zplbly]

Cool. I'll stay on here then. I'll get you inning recaps faster than I'll get them on GameCast, which is what I have today.

This Chen guy is hittable. No way should the Tigers struggle against him, but they have, recently. Good news is that VM is o.k. That waltz he was doing last night scared a lot of us, I'm sure.

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]
[quote="KalineCountry":738b92fm]

Hi TinselWolverine, I have continued to add the game thread at the old board espn. I am staying here mostly for the thread and replies, as are from all accounts everyone else.

Cool. I'll stay on here then. I'll get you inning recaps faster than I'll get them on GameCast, which is what I have today.[/quote:738b92fm]

I would be careful posting on the espn boards about this board.
In the past day or two, a few threads and countless posts were taken down. It would appear that at least one if not more posters are reporting the mention of DetroitSportsProBoards. I bet it has caused some temp bans as well over there.

Only way you bat Raburn third, is if he's having a Napoli like stretch.. And he isn't... I don't agree with this move at all.

[quote author=zonietigerfan board=tigertalk thread=194 post=3255 time=1312740602]This Chen guy is hittable. No way should the Tigers struggle against him, but they have, recently. Good news is that VM is o.k. That waltz he was doing last night scared a lot of us, I'm sure.[/quote

Hey PF, how are you.
That was a scare seeing Martinez on the ground like that.
I would hope the Tigers do their due diligence and also give the knee an MRI to rule out anything with ligaments.

So, Ordonez batting 5th today, how many IBB's you guys think Cabrera gets today?

Wow what a pathetic way to start the game.. Raburn looking amazing in the 3 hole so far..

Tigers 1st inning,

Jackson chases a high fastball, groan,

Boesch strike call, takes outside, checkswing went around strike, close on the outside corner, chases outside, crap,

Raburn takes low inside for a strike call, slow curve strike call, swings and misses,

chen 15 pitches of soft toss.

Did Bruce fucking Chen really just strike out the side?

Does anybody follow the games over the internet using the subscription package at mlb.com? And if so, does it come with video as well as audio?

Oh man, this is going to be a long game if they keep swinging like that.

Making Bruce Chen look like Verlander.

Wow Chen k's the side and I don't believe a single pitch was over 85

R U Freaking kidding me!

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]Does anybody follow the games over the internet using the subscription package at mlb.com? And if so, does it come with video as well as audio?

MLBtv is televised games, but home team games are blacked out, due to FSD having exclusive rights.

The audio version gives you choices between which stations you want to listen to, and is far cheaper.

TigerMud said:
Wow Chen k's the side and I don't believe a single pitch was over 85

R U Freaking kidding me!

That's him. 65-85 in speeds.

MI_Thumb said:
[quote="TinselWolverine":eofrrt7p]Does anybody follow the games over the internet using the subscription package at mlb.com? And if so, does it come with video as well as audio?

MLBtv is televised games, but home team games are blacked out, due to FSD having exclusive rights.

The audio version gives you choices between which stations you want to listen to, and is far cheaper.[/quote:eofrrt7p]

I get the mlb.tv package on the computer and it's great. Video is clear and reliable, I think it's like $20 a month.

1st ball hit to Shinebox is not fielded cleanly, but he still throws runner out.

Tighten your seatbelts, this could be a bumpy ride at 3rd.

Scherzer is looking good so far, but we all know him and Porcello can be Jekyll/Hyde like..

Scherzer 1st inning,

gordon trys a bunt pops foul, slider inside, doesn't get the call fastball in,
swings and misses letter high, swinging strikeout,

gravafungoola strike call, again, fouls an outside fastball, changeup low, checkswing changeup low ball, grounder to mudhen rolls up the arm handles it and throws to Cabrera,

butler slider strike call, fastball on/off the corner ball, swings and misses a 95, slider skids in, fastball lined foul, swings and misses a 97,

Scherzer dialing it up there,

Scherzer with 17 pitches.

Back