Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. royals Game Thread August 7

Tigers 2nd inning,

Cabrera pops to second,

Maggs grounds out back to pitcher,

Carlos 2 and 1, takes off the corner called a strike, already there are inconsistency calls with the ump, Carlos golfs a liner to right for a single,

Peralta takes a curve inside strike, throw to first not a big lead for Carlos, now he takes off and is safe on the throw bounces to centerfield, no advance on stolen base, Jhonny takes high, way inside, fastball low full count, high fastball lined foul by third, fly to left,

chen with 31 pitches.

Chen has pitched like crap against Detroit during his career so no doubt Detroit will get to him.

dpinsea said:
MI_Thumb said:
MLBtv is televised games, but home team games are blacked out, due to FSD having exclusive rights.

The audio version gives you choices between which stations you want to listen to, and is far cheaper.

I get the mlb.tv package on the computer and it's great. Video is clear and reliable, I think it's like $20 a month.

But do you not get the video on home games? And if you don't, do you at least get the audio for them?

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]
dpinsea said:
I get the mlb.tv package on the computer and it's great. Video is clear and reliable, I think it's like $20 a month.

But do you not get the video on home games? And if you don't, do you at least get the audio for them?

If you want audio, just get the audio package. Much cheaper.

Rod, nobody would ever give a number 2 starter for Melky or Francouer.

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]
dpinsea said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it's not Home Games, it's Home Team Games.

In other words if you live in an area served by FSD, you will not get any Tigers games period.

People who live out of state or area like KC and a couple others can see all Tigers games on MLB.com except nationally televised games.

Because Fox, and all it's satillite stations have exclusive broadcast rights.

Scherzer 2nd inning,

hosmer swings and misses, fastball in, fly to Boesch and he has it,

francouer fastball low, slider outside, flat fastball lined to left center double,

maier strike call, changeup low, fastball in, again, ground foul, rising fastball swings and misses,

punta swings and misses, chases another rising fastball, changeup low, at the knees on the corner called a ball, fly to Boesch,

Scherzer with 34 pitches.

MI_Thumb said:
[quote="TinselWolverine":nh4wy48h]

In other words if you live in an area served by FSD, you will not get any Tigers games period.

People who live out of state or area like KC and a couple others can see all Tigers games on MLB.com except nationally televised games.

Because Fox, and all it's satillite stations have exclusive broadcast rights.[/quote:nh4wy48h]

I'm not sure how it works in areas served by FSD because I'm in Seattle, but yeah I get video on every game with the option of which telecast (home or away) except for nationally televised games.

KC, can you PM Wingnut on the ESPN forum, he needs the link for this.

Or Mitch, either one.

MI_Thumb said:
[quote="TinselWolverine":19opwhpy]

That is correct. I live in Washington and watch all the Tiger games on FSD via MLBTV with the exception of the Nationally Televised games that get blacked out.

Because Fox, and all it's satillite stations have exclusive broadcast rights.[/quote:19opwhpy]

we better start shelling this guy 2nd time thru. 1st time thru has been embarrassing.

Hopefully this ump will start giving Scherzer those borderline calls.....

Tigers 3rd inning,

Avila takes a strike, check swing strike, fastball high, fouled down left, slow Low curve strike call,

ump seeing slow crap better and giving bigger k zone to chen,

Dirks flys to center,

Jackson also first pitch swinging one hop to short,

chen 38 pitches.

On the MLB.com topic, I live in farm country, so I have no cable.

And I won't pay $49 a month for tv I would only watch when the Tigers or Wings are on.

So I looked into MLB.com and it told me I could every MLB game exept: home area team, and nationally televised games with blackout restrictions.

So basically, if I bought it, I would still not get the Tigers, ever.

dpinsea can get it because he is out of market, but he probably cannot get the games when they play the Mariners, because those would be blacked out for him.

staegrac said:
I have thought about getting it...would it be worth the money?

I think it is worth every penny. I paid $119 for the premium which has a feature similar to DVR so if I join late I can go back and watch from the beginning. Past games are also archived for viewing. My only complaint about that is it is impossible to watch without knowing the score beforehand. For me that eliminates watching about 99% of the time. I also have a PS3 which has a free app so that I watch the games on my big screen. Definitely worth it if you live out of state.

Back