Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. royals Game Thread August 7

dpinsea said:
I'm not sure how it works in areas served by FSD because I'm in Seattle, but yeah I get video on every game with the option of which telecast (home or away) except for nationally televised games.

Cool, well, I live on the West Coast too, so it should work for me.

mhughes0021 said:
we better start shelling this guy 2nd time thru. 1st time thru has been embarrassing.
+1.. This is tough to watch.. Tempted to watch the Sux vs Twins game instead with Hawk cheesing it up..

MI_Thumb said:
On the MLB.com topic, I live in farm country, so I have no cable.

And I won't pay $49 a month for tv I would only watch when the Tigers or Wings are on.

So I looked into MLB.com and it told me I could every MLB game exept: home area team, and nationally televised games with blackout restrictions.

So basically, if I bought it, I would still not get the Tigers, ever.

dpinsea can get it because he is out of market, but he probably cannot get the games when they play the Mariners, because those would be blacked out for him.

Exactly, when they play the M's I just go to the game or watch the M's broadcast when they are in the D.

Sorry about you not being able to get the Tigers where you are, 50 a month is a good chunk of change.

dpinsea said:
MI_Thumb said:

And I won't pay $49 a month for tv I would only watch when the Tigers or Wings are on.

So I looked into MLB.com and it told me I could every MLB game exept: home area team, and nationally televised games with blackout restrictions.

dpinsea can get it because he is out of market, but he probably cannot get the games when they play the Mariners, because those would be blacked out for him.

Exactly, when they play the M's I just go to the game or watch the M's broadcast when they are in the D.

Sorry about you not being able to get the Tigers where you are, 50 a month is a good chunk of change.

It's ok, I been doing the GameDay and radio for a few years now, though I will take the bike to the bar once in a while and watch it there.

$49 is what Directv would cost me, which like I said would eb a waste because I watch very little TV.

dpinsea said:
MI_Thumb said:

Or you could try this out

http://mlbtvblackout.blogspot.com/2009/07/mlbtv-blackout-workaround-bypass.html

Scherzer 3rd inning,

moustakas/malaka grounds out to Carlos,

escobar flys to Dirks,

gordon grounds out to Cabrera,

Scherzer with 42 pitches.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]
[quote="TinselWolverine":zba6aw8x]

Cool. I'll stay on here then. I'll get you inning recaps faster than I'll get them on GameCast, which is what I have today.

I would be careful posting on the espn boards about this board.
In the past day or two, a few threads and countless posts were taken down. It would appear that at least one if not more posters are reporting the mention of DetroitSportsProBoards. I bet it has caused some temp bans as well over there.[/quote:zba6aw8x]
Edit Message

The new and more roBUST Tigers' forum is a poster graveyard presently, s/b interesting to see how active it will become (and remain), once ESPN deletes the old one. They recently removed members' ability to edit posts, if that continues, it will become a "deal-breaker" for me, I won't post very much on it, if at all...

Tigers 4th inning,

Boesch called out on strikes,

Raburn 2 and 1, takes a low curve, fastball at 87 fouled back, changeup fouled deep down left, chases a curve low gets a piece of it foul, again, grounds out to short,

Cabrera fouls it back, swings over a slow curve, fouled back, takes outside, curve outside, ripped to the base of the wall in left and f'n Cabrera is out trying for a double, run fat daddy run,

geez,

chen with 57 pitches.

The ball just has to beat the runner there, at least according to the Umps now. LOL

Back