Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. royals Game Thread September 1

Come on AA, just because it isn't August any more doesn't mean you can't crush. Let's see Beast Mode.

ihatebadenglish said:
MI_Thumb said:
I wouldn't bet on it.

They already made the decision once this year. Inge could have very well left the organization, but opted to go to Toledo. I don't see why they wouldn't make the same decision twice. Not like Inge has shown anything to make them think otherwise.

That's my point, he could have been gone for good, but they keep leaving the door open to him.

I won't be surprised when he is not only invited to ST next season but makes the Opening Day roster as well.

Good inning, nice to see us work the pitch count a little on a guy for a change.

MI_Thumb said:
ihatebadenglish said:
They already made the decision once this year. Inge could have very well left the organization, but opted to go to Toledo. I don't see why they wouldn't make the same decision twice. Not like Inge has shown anything to make them think otherwise.

That's my point, he could have been gone for good, but they keep leaving the door open to him.

I won't be surprised when he is not only invited to ST next season but makes the Opening Day roster as well.

Who are we kidding, they probably just give him the starting spot.

MI_Thumb said:

It's not fair to say they left the door open for him. In fact it is quite the opposite. When they DFA'd him, they basically were saying that they were willing to eat the rest of his salary and move on. It was Inge who decided to go to Toledo rather than stay home or try another team.

Tigers really had no choice to bring him back up after he was putting up gaudy numbers in AAA and betemit was struggling with LHP.

Basically Inge will have to earn a spot on the roster, and I think 3B is going to be a position that DD will actively seek an upgrade.

f'n hogheadhosmer,
Turner didn't keep him close at first though,

ihatebadenglish said:
MI_Thumb said:

It's not fair to say they left the door open for him. In fact it is quite the opposite. When they DFA'd him, they basically were saying that they were willing to eat the rest of his salary and move on. It was Inge who decided to go to Toledo rather than stay home or try another team.

Tigers really had no choice to bring him back up after he was putting up gaudy numbers in AAA and betemit was struggling with LHP.
Basically Inge will have to earn a spot on the roster, and I think 3B is going to be a position that DD will actively seek an upgrade.

No, they promised him they would bring him back if he accepted assignment.

From the day he was DFA'd their was never any question he would be on a Tigers roster again.

That's called leaving the door open.

I don't understand why Turner is pitching today. Did we move everyone back one day or will they skip Penny?

27tigers said:
I don't understand why Turner is pitching today. Did we move everyone back one day or will they skip Penny?

They moved everyone back a day.

27tigers said:

Today was supposed to be an offday.

Verlander was scheduled to pitch next, but they wanted him to pitch vs. the Sox rather then the Royals, so since we have expanded rosters, why not give the kid a spot start?

27tigers said:

It was an added game because of a rain out and wanted JV to start vs the WS.

27tigers said:

Moved everyone back so Verlander can start aginst Chicago tomorrow

27tigers said:

They moved everyone back so Verlander can pitch to the Sox tomorrow night. It sets up the rotation how we want it for a couple key series coming up.

Everyone got moved back a day. They wanted JV to get at least one start in the 2 CHI series and the CLE series...

Back