Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. twins Game Thread August 16

MI_Thumb said:
I'm not worried about JV tonight, I'm worried about whether our bats will show up or not.
29 pitches in the 1st inning worries the crap out of me and it should worry you too. Have you seen the BP lately?

way to keep runs of the board jv, lets hope he can get some quick innings the next few.

Gosh i cant wait till this off season, next years team better look alot different.

No maggs, hopefully No inge, Hopefully no rayburn, no zumaya.

gives miggy a chance with a runner on! The maggs benching pays off already! Sick of seeing Miggy lead off innings with no one on.

tomdalton22 said:
MI_Thumb said:
I'm not worried about JV tonight, I'm worried about whether our bats will show up or not.
29 pitches in the 1st inning worries the crap out of me and it should worry you too. Have you seen the BP lately?

Well I have seen Below, Coke, Benoit, and Valverde lately.

Schlereth was shakey, but doubt he will pitch tonight.

Tigers 1st inning,

Jackson grounds out to short,

Boesch grounds out to second,

Young takes low, strike call at the knees, again, in the dirt, off the corner and poked to right for a single,

Cabrera fouls it back, swings and misses a low fastball, outside and gets away from the catcher Young to second on passed ball, lousy checkswing on a pitch away,

blackburn with 15 pitches.

Miggy is swinging at just about everything thrown at him. he need stop doing that.

tomdalton22 said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]

I'm thinking 500, yeah age 35. 600 could be tough. But doable. But he won't be one of those "is he a HOF now with 500 HR" like they ask with Palmeiro, Thome and some others. He's just too good in so many other areas. By his estimate he's having a down year yet still is pretty damn awesome.

.403 OBP, .558 SLG, .961 OPS
.391 obp, .551 SLG, .943 OPS

Those are the career numbers for Thome and Miggy. Of course it is early in Miggy's career but it also means that Thome has already had the "downside" of his career. BTW....the top line is Thome. I think you are underestimating how good of an offensive player he was. And....he was as good defensively as Miggy. If Miggy has the career that Thome has had it will be a great career.

IMO he's a sure hof. I just read today somewhere and the article said "is Thome a hof" which is why I mentioned it. But he's first year if you ask me.

Pitch count looks a little more reasonable now, need another inning with 11 pitches.

Verlander with 11 pitches 2nd inning total of 40.
1st inning pitch count was the most JV had that inning since May 2.

tomdalton22 said:
MI_Thumb said:

You do realize JV averages 117 pitches. That's average. I don't worry about JV.

Man, Jhonny needed a hit bad.

Now if he can just find the power stroke next time up.

Back