Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. twins Game Thread August 16

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
tomdalton22 said:
29 pitches in the 1st inning worries the crap out of me and it should worry you too. Have you seen the BP lately?

You do realize JV averages 117 pitches. That's average. I don't worry about JV.

Mitch youre smarter than a 5th grader! lol. 29 per inning means hes pulled in the 4th. I dont care who it is....29 pitches in an inning isnt good. He needs some more 11 pitch innings to get into the late innings.

Don Kelly first pitch Hacking...... God this team is never patient.

MF..EFFING GIDP...Much of the Tigers lineup needs to wake up from their batting comas early in games...esp. w/ RISP lately

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]Don Kelly first pitch Hacking...... God this team is never patient.

after a 4 pitch walk and a base hit none the less....atleast test if the guy is shaken a bit!

Kelly and another first pitch swinging out, these guys should be fined a thousand bucks every time they do that.
take a pitch, what are they afraid to bat with a strike on them.
especially with blackbeard/blackburn throwing alot of 2 seamers low in the zone. dumb.

mhughes0021 said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]

Mitch youre smarter than a 5th grader! lol. 29 per inning means hes pulled in the 4th. I dont care who it is....29 pitches in an inning isnt good. He needs some more 11 pitch innings to get into the late innings.

I hope so. But you didn't expect JV to keep throwing 29 pitches an inning, did ya?

mhughes0021 said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]

You're assuming he is going to throw that many all 4 innings.

I think Mitch was saying that one high pitch count inning is not that much to worry about with a guy who can go 130 pitches easy.

He's still on pace for a full 7.

shrinking strike zone for Verlander.
gets moroneau to ground out,
Verlander with 60 pitches.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]shrinking strike zone for Verlander.

Seems to be throwing most everything away from the hitters today.

Wonder if he's setting them up to come inside late in the game?

[color=#006400 said:

I was just going to say the same thing. J.V. will be lucky to go six at this pace. I'm worried about our team. We seem a little lathargic

LOL Jim Price just said Santiago is in there tonight for 1 reason: his career numbers vs. Blackburn.

Yea, I'm sure it has nothing to do with the clown show Raburn put on last night at second.

bdemil1 said:
[color=#006400 said:

I was just going to say the same thing. J.V. will be lucky to go six at this pace. I'm worried about our team. We seem a little lathargic

bdemil, so far this game not playing like a 1st place club,
lets see what happens after Jackson's bunt single,
play with an edge, not waiting to play catch up baseball.
Bisch Basch Boesch!!!
now score.

MI_Thumb said:
LOL Jim Price just said Santiago is in there tonight for 1 reason: his career numbers vs. Blackburn.

Yea, I'm sure it has nothing to do with the clown show Raburn put on last night at second.

that's just a pr statement. they know who 'butters' their bread.

Back